Forgotten Trialists and Signings (1 Viewer)

Snikpoh87

There was a left winger we had once... I think his name was El Idrissi?
He came on as a sub, and I thought he looked different class. He was never seen again!

speedie87

Watching Nigel jemstone (ex forest) and lee Martin (Ex Man Utd cup final winning goal ) play in reserves back in the day

Also saw Doyle play as trialist v Fulham in reserves in which I think Chris Coleman played his last ever half of football

ovduk78

I was at an awful 0-0 draw at Oldham in 2014 where our team included Anton Robinson, David Prutton & Nathan Ecclestone with Mark Marshall coming on as a sub.

shepardo01

Danny Philliskirk, now at AFC Fylde?
No, could have been Micheal Mandron, coming through in the Prem at Sunderland at the time... pretty sure Manset had a similar name to a good young player somewhere at the time and people got the wrong end of the stick when we signed him...
Could be wrong though.

I remember Philliskirk, was young when with us... think he did OK at Oldham if o recall...

I mentioned Michael Petrasso, looked a decent 18yr old winger when at QPR, anybody remember Danny Ward?... another one we had very young....

Poor Lee Sawyer... wasnt he also 18, from Chelsea and Coleman threw him straight in, then subbed him at HT..?

Jesse Carver

dcc380f6cedfa3f2c955ed721bc52cea.jpg

Juan Sara, played up top with Claudio Caniggia at Dundee. We ended up with the wrong Argentinian, knew how to milk a goal celebration though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sky_Blue_Daz

Who was the winger we had with the heart condition? I think Dowie signed him.

fernandopartridge

I was at an awful 0-0 draw at Oldham in 2014 where our team included Anton Robinson, David Prutton & Nathan Ecclestone with Mark Marshall coming on as a sub.
I was there, Easter Monday and quite probably the dullest game I've ever attended. It was a nice day at least which is unusual at Boundary Park

AFCCOVENTRY

Here’s a test. In the early 90s of the Premiership we had a German central defender on trial from Eintracht Frankfurt. Anyone know his name?

TomRad85

Jamie McMaster. We really did bring in some shit didn't we.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

lord_garrincha

All those drunks sitting alone in the corner of the pub that you accidently clap eyes on... They all seem to have a) had a trial with Coventry; and b) turned down a 3 year contract to concentrate on their music.

Briles

Ellery Cairo was one i got excited about.

Skybluedownunder

Mathieu Manset. He was supposed to be the next big thing and did well in the under 23s. As we know, performance in the under 23s does not necessarily correlate with first team success !

Ugliest c**t I’ve ever seen in my life, built like a brick shithouse but was shit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread