Port Vale striker Alex Nimley 'would play for nothing' to join Coventry City and keep (1 Viewer)

SkyBlue_Bear83

them in League One

AWOL Port Vale striker Alex Nimely wants to re-join the Sky Blues to help fire them away from the relegation zone.
The 23-year-old says he will even play for nothing if given the chance to hook up again with Tony Mowbray, having played nine games on loan for Middlesbrough in the 2011/12 campaign when he was a rising star at Manchester City.
Nimely joined Coventry on loan after his spell ended at The Riverside Stadium and promptly scored on his debut, ironically against Mowbray’s Boro in a 3-1 win at the Ricoh Arena. The striker had been drafted in by Andy Thorn after the club sold leading scorer Lukas Jutkiewicz to Middlesbrough in the January transfer window but although Nimely impressed with a run of 17 lively performances he didn’t score again and City were relegated.
The Liberian-born player was released by Manchester City earlier this season when he joined League One Vale on a free transfer, making his one and only appearance for the Valiants as a substitute in the Sky Blues’ 2-0 win at Vale Park in December.

He was later disciplined for failing to turn up to training and went on a two-week trial at Bolton. Vale boss Robert Page revealed last week that the player would face more disciplinary action after disappearing for a second time and it’s difficult to see a way back for the forward.
Nimely’s father and agent David Tchuimeni claims that Vale refused to play him and reneged on a number of agreements when he signed, including providing accommodation for him and his girlfriend and travelling expenses.
Clearly looking for a fresh start, he said: “Alex would be very happy to come back to Coventry. I have been in touch with the club because I feel Alex is the man who could turn things around for Tony Mowbray who he knows very well. “He doesn’t want money.”
Having not played since December, match fitness would be a problem. But his father said: “Alex is in very good shape. We have paid a coach to look after him.”
City chief executive Steve Waggott confirmed that Nimely’s agent has been in contact but that any decision would be made by the manager.

http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/sport/football/football-news/port-vale-striker-alex-nimley-8909171

Grendel

All we need now is for Thorn to come and play at centre half, although he might need to borrow Sky Blue Sams Kit.

And Cody

Silence_Is_The_Enemy

would need vale to agree to it as they hold the registration in the same situation id hope cov would tell him to go fuck himself until he returns to training and started acting like a professional

skyblueinBaku

I liked Nimely when he played for us. But it seems he has developed a bit of an attitude problem. However, if he was to come here I'm sure TM would sort that out very quickly.

rupert_bear

Interesting and puts a big test for Waggott, a player who costs them little or know money as I doubt he has any intention of signing anybody. When is the deadline by the way ?

ccfc_Tom

I'd take him back, sounds like hes passionate about the club, give him a chance if he don't want paying!

ajsccfc

What is it with you and Waggott, Rupert? You must be responsible for at least half the mentions of his name here.

stupot07

Given he's made about 1 appearance in 2 years, any approach would be with next season in mind. If he was that good, Port Vale would have played him, and worked harder to stop him from going awol. Would he even get on our bench?

Samuel
Nouble
Tudguy
Odelusi
Jackson
Nimely.

It's not even like we look at a previous goal record as a reason to play him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

SkyBlue_Bear83

Given he's made about 1 appearance in 2 years, any approach would be with next season in mind. If he was that good, Port Vale would have played him, and worked harder to stop him from going awol. Would he even get on our bench?

Samuel
Nouble
Tudguy
Odelusi
Jackson
Nimely.

It's not even like we look at a previous goal record as a reason to play him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

The Alex Nimely we had in the championship is better than the Jackson I've seen this year in L1 imo, I'm tempted to say Tudgay as well but won't as they are different sort of forwards and Tudgay has put in some decent performances in 2015 tbf to him.

Of course I don't really expect him to be the same Alex Nimely.

Before you start banging on about his record in the championship and how he was crap whilst he was here on loan, I'm not really interested in redoing that as its been done loads of times before ;)

fernandopartridge

I could offer to play for free (or even pay subs) but that doesn't mean I should be given a chance. My goal to game ratio is better (albeit mostly 5-a-side).

Sky Blue Kid

fernandopartridge.......My goal to game ratio is better (albeit mostly 5-a-side)......................................You don't half chat s**t pal. Nimely is a class footballer, that I believe could do a great job for us in this league. Some of you are poo-pooing bringing him here because of his "Attitude". I didn't see it bother a lot of CCFC fans when we brought King here. We don't know what went on at Port Vale, but we certainly knew what went on with King don't we?

LB87ccfc

No harm if we could bring him in on loan from Vale until the end of the season, if they want rid and he wants to join, or if they terminate his contract which sounds like they might do, then deal until the end of the season does no harm and could be an impact sub, if we gave him a chance and arm around the shoulder whilst saying buck up your ideas , then it does neither party no harm.

Grendel

fernandopartridge.......My goal to game ratio is better (albeit mostly 5-a-side)......................................You don't half chat s**t pal. Nimely is a class footballer, that I believe could do a great job for us in this league. Some of you are poo-pooing bringing him here because of his "Attitude". I didn't see it bother a lot of CCFC fans when we brought King here. We don't know what went on at Port Vale, but we certainly knew what went on with King don't we?

So much class he can't get a game anywhere and is implying he will play for free.

Waste of space - no thanks

davebart

Sounds like he has burnt all his bridges. Can't get a game at Port Vale and no one else will touch him with a bargepole.

He would fit in our squad a treat

Chipfat

His dad and the player can demand and shout as much as they want,,, his contract is with PV and until he sorts it out with them he will be playing in his back yard with his hired coach.. His dad is banding his name around and using us as a sound board to alert everyone to his position.. All should ask is Cov the only club his dad has phoned!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! like arse it is he will be touting him all over the place..

Play for free, love to play for the club again!!!!!!!!!!! for me no thanks to many problems, not enough games played to be fit enough and never going to make an instant impact.. We need ready game fit players, willing to fight like fuck not come in train until fit and jog around the pitch,, we have too many already.....I'm afraid the negatives out weight his ability in my opinion....

ajsccfc

I didn't see it bother a lot of CCFC fans when we brought King here.

You mustn't have been looking too hard, it was an issue that was constantly debated from the point the move was rumoured until even after he'd left.

A LOT of people were bothered about it. I doubt a Nimely signing would cause much in the way of boycotting, by comparison.

Nick

Administrator
What did he do for us that was amazing bar the Middlesborough game where they were a man down and he did a lot of dribbling?

fernandopartridge

You are one thick twat.

ajsccfc

What did he do for us that was amazing bar the Middlesborough game where they were a man down and he did a lot of dribbling?

I remember him as being pretty dangerous and winning a fair number of penalties, although with our success rate from the spot this season that'd be asking for trouble.

That Middlesbrough game though, I have him in the 'good signing' pile for that match alone.

johnwillomagic

A while back said I played footy with his best mate. He said he had an attitude problem and that he needed to sort
his head out think he had crashed a car not long back too. His friend said he had too much too young....song there somewhere and that has found it hard to accept he has not made it at top level and has gone way off the rails.

should we sign him now imo no way!! For me not a striker anyhow does not score. If he turns up preseason trains with us for free gets himself fit, shows good commitment and discipline then maybe just maybe worth taking a punt on next season no current solution though!

Nick

Administrator
I remember him as being pretty dangerous and winning a fair number of penalties, although with our success rate from the spot this season that'd be asking for trouble.

That Middlesbrough game though, I have him in the 'good signing' pile for that match alone.

Freddy Eastwood against Peterborough (I think) wipes the floor with that :)

stupot07

Turns 24 in a few weeks, played 32 professional games scoring 1 goal. What a waste, but I bet he's absolutely minted.

Sky Blue Kid

You mustn't have been looking too hard, it was an issue that was constantly debated from the point the move was rumoured until even after he'd left. A LOT of people were bothered about it. I doubt a Nimely signing would cause much in the way of boycotting, by comparison.
I was one of those that boycotted by not going to the Ricoh but have recently been accused of using it as an excuse not to go to the Ricoh anymore. My reasons are far more extensive than that. One question ajsccfc.....Did it bother the thousands that Chanted "She said YES Marlon" week in week out?

Users who are viewing this thread