Farke out………Robins in, What are the chances. (2 Viewers)

Brylowes

Also , when you consider that a poster on here says everybody in Norwich is talking about Mark robins ... then you look on their fans forum and see no Norwich fans talking about mark robins .

One can conclude people have a bad habit of talking wet.

Right , weekend league time
Can I just point out that I never said everybody in Norwich was talking about Mark Robins, I wouldn’t have a clue as I don’t live there, as stated I live in a town 20 miles away which is a hotbed of Norwich support.
After living here the the last 40 years, being heavily involved in the local pub trade and associated local leagues etc you meet lots op people and I probably personally know 50 Norwich ST holders and many more are associates.
As stated’ ive heard nothing from the club and this is all based on a feeling I have bourne out of listening to local Norwich fan’s opinions and my own mind working overtime
Time will tell.

Reactions: PVA

Sky Blue Harry H

They are worse than last time they were in the premier at least last time the striker scored a few at the start of the season.

Agree - Pukki seemed more prolific, yet their team seemed better last season than the one that previously got promoted. Slightly confused why that hasn't yet translated to results this season, but still a way to go.

Sky Blue Harry H

Looking at their signings, none look convincing and Cantwell isn’t going to be up to much in the Premier League. I think they’ve frozen him out and he’s in the 23s

He looked to have real potential to me - wonder if player/agent has been looking for pastures new, or just a bust up. Not what you need from one of your more influential players. especially with Buendia gone from a similar area of the pitch.

David O'Day

Also , when you consider that a poster on here says everybody in Norwich is talking about Mark robins ... then you look on their fans forum and see no Norwich fans talking about mark robins .

One can conclude people have a bad habit of talking wet.

Right , weekend league time
Aye it's the sae as people saying Cov fans are clamouring for Kenny Jackett

Grendel

Aye it's the sae as people saying Cov fans are clamouring for Kenny Jackett

giphy.gif

Brylowes

Then why get rid of the manager who’s taken them up twice? Has there been a fall out at board level?
I’m sorry but Seriously!! P 9 W 0 D 2 L 7 Goals scored 2 Goals against 23

Now I know they’re plying their trade in the Premier league ‘but had we made such a start in the Premier league do you honestly believe that serious questions wouldn’t be being asked of the management.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

They just keep banking the money but never improving I would say they are actually worse this time, it’s suits the other prem clubs as they don’t have to pay all the parachute money and get to share that amongst themselves.

If it were me I'd be trying to get any 'unclaimed' parachute money included into the consolidation payments to the lower leagues.

chiefdave

I’m sorry but Seriously!! P 9 W 0 D 2 L 7 Goals scored 2 Goals against 23

Now I know they’re plying their trade in the Premier league ‘but had we made such a start in the Premier league do you honestly believe that serious questions wouldn’t be being asked of the management.
To give that context they lost 9 of their first 12 in their last PL season as well as losing 13 out of their last 14 games and didn't sack him.

Brylowes

To give that context they lost 9 of their first 12 in their last PL season as well as losing 13 out of their last 14 games and didn't sack him.
Through talking to their fans I’m certain they were expecting more this time round, they seem particularly disillusioned with what they see as a lack of fight on the pitch, absolutely no belief or hunger running through the team.

The Great Eastern

Why have they frozen him out? Was he pushing for a move?
Todd Cantwell thinks hes a better player than he actually is. The Norwich fans I regularly talk to, dont rate him particularly highly although give him the benefit of the doubt due to him coming through the clubs youth system thus giving him 'one of our own' status.
100%. Outrageous that it's not already the case.
It used to happen some years ago. I can recall one club (maybe Middlesbrough) going straight back up and their unused parachute payments were equally spread amongst the 2nd tier clubs.

Cov kid 55

When Norwich beat us 2-0 at St Andrew’s last season, I thought Cantwell looked a class above. Time on the ball, drive, excellent passing ability. Norwich can’t buy a win, would have thought Cantwell would improve them. Farke fell out with him during their last relegation season, and we all know that Managers can make decisions on players that are difficult to shift. Norwich have spent large amounts of money since promotion compared to the last time they were promoted, but I still can’t see where the goals are coming from. They probably won’t sack him, it’s not really their style, but I think he’s failing. In addition whenever he’s interviewed he looks as if he’s about to burst into tears!

Bugsy

I think the EFL are trying to get parachute payments stopped.

That would just be our luck, we get promoted then get relegated the 1st season they stop them. 😆...PUSB

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

I think the EFL are trying to get parachute payments stopped.

I can see the thinking behind it as it massively helps the clubs that come down go straight back up but at the same time if you go up there is a strong chance you'll come back down so if you can't guarantee the ability to pay wages long term you're either left picking up slightly inferior players to fit into the long term finances. Good players aren't going to come to you for a single season knowing the team will struggle or if they do it's unlikely they will be that committed and if you give them a longer contract if you do go down you could find yourself in all sorts of financial trouble or having a fire sale at rock bottom prices to get the players off the wage bill.

Also, those payments would then just be given to the PL clubs and make the gap even wider.

SlowerThanPlatt

Just want to point out that Cantwell has been injured and made his comeback last week for Norwich in the U23s. He’s not been frozen out

I posted the comments earlier from Farke in the thread. Cantwell himself said he isn’t injured on Instagram and wished his teammates good luck

There is a difference between being 'not injured' and being ready for a game at this top level. You can't turn up at a Premier League game at 98%

Todd is not 18 anymore. The rules are clear for every player. You have to be fully fit, mentally prepared and deliver on the training pitch. It's quite easy. The standard and levels are the same for every player. It's not that difficult

long way home

It's not if, it's a matter of when someone does come knocking the clubs door with an offer for MR. He wants to manage in the prem like any ambitious manager would. So I for one would not be shocked if any club a part from the obvious that were looking for a manager, his name would not come up and be seriously considered. Im not saying this has happened or have any info that it is about to. I just don't think it's a far fetched theory or to much to think it's potential outcome for him.

He is one of the best manages outside the prem at the minute. His record, style of play, background, contacts and his ability to deal with what our club has been through, puts him right up there. He has done this with no fuss, honesty and a desire to control and improve himself the club and players around him. That is not going unnoticed by owners and media alike. I truly believe he is invested and cares for our club, but think he is smart enough to know the limits the club has. That could ultimately decide the outcome knowing chances will not come along very often. I hope I am wrong but hope more he can do it with us, but I guess only time will tell what will be for the club, MR and staff.

Last edited:

Colin Steins Smile

I can see the thinking behind it as it massively helps the clubs that come down go straight back up but at the same time if you go up there is a strong chance you'll come back down so if you can't guarantee the ability to pay wages long term you're either left picking up slightly inferior players to fit into the long term finances. Good players aren't going to come to you for a single season knowing the team will struggle or if they do it's unlikely they will be that committed and if you give them a longer contract if you do go down you could find yourself in all sorts of financial trouble or having a fire sale at rock bottom prices to get the players off the wage bill.

Also, those payments would then just be given to the PL clubs and make the gap even wider.
The impact of parachute payments is significant. In recent years an average of 1.8 per 3 promotion places were taken by clubs receiving parachute payments.

Terry Gibson's perm

Parachute payments mean there is little punishment for being relegated, do you get them when you go down from league one to league two the although at different levels the percentages of loss must be around the same.

Brighton Sky Blue

Parachute payments mean there is little punishment for being relegated, do you get them when you go down from league one to league two the although at different levels the percentages of loss must be around the same.

L2 clubs get them if they fall into non league, no such equivalent for relegations within the EFL

Terry Gibson's perm

L2 clubs get them if they fall into non league, no such equivalent for relegations within the EFL

I just can’t see why one league gets them and the rest don’t. My view is that parachute payments don’t make players hungry players at Norwich should be bursting their backsides every week to get a move away, they are just treading water and waiting until they can have fun in the championship again next year.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

The impact of parachute payments is significant. In recent years an average of 1.8 per 3 promotion places were taken by clubs receiving parachute payments.

I'm not saying it doesn't, just that removing them would make promotion a bit of a poisoned chalice because you'd either have to accept an almost inevitable relegation because you couldn't bring in players to make you competitive and anyone decent in your team getting sold at the end having had the opportunity to showcase their talents in the PL or take a massive gamble on improving the squad to stay up and put the club in real jeopardy if it doesn't pay off.

Let's say we went up this year and in the close season bought a couple of players on relatively expensive wages to try and stay up. It doesn't work and we go down without any parachute payment. We've now got a couple of players with a couple of years left on their contracts on wages vastly higher than we can service on a Championship budget. If we can't offload them we're in real danger of going under. Other teams know that and so put in low bids knowing we can't afford to keep them and we end up making a massive loss on them.

Or we enter it knowing we can't afford those contracts and so play it safe largely keeping with the same squad with a few minor upgrades on reasonable wages. We go through the following season losing pretty much every week before going back down and end up exactly where we started but with a demoralised squad and fans and big clubs coming in for our better players and thus leaving us having to rebuild the team.

The way it is isn't fair, but I don't think that would make it much better.

Brighton Sky Blue

I just can’t see why one league gets them and the rest don’t. My view is that parachute payments don’t make players hungry players at Norwich should be bursting their backsides every week to get a move away, they are just treading water and waiting until they can have fun in the championship again next year.

I'm sure they'd rather stay in the top flight than yo yo for seasons on end

Terry Gibson's perm

I'm sure they'd rather stay in the top flight than yo yo for seasons on end

I’m not so sure let’s take Norwich nice place to live and I bet their wages aren’t changing much between the two leagues. thinking about it I’m not sure anybody would want any of their players, the back four are rubbish

Users who are viewing this thread