Farke out………Robins in, What are the chances. (2 Viewers)

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Norwich are probably the only club I'd be worried about MR realistically leaving for because he has a close affiliation with them. They would be able to offer him an opportunity to manage at a higher level, pay him more and give him more support in bringing in players, although obviously the expectations would be higher. As an ex-player he would probably get a little bit of leeway and a bedding in period from the fans unless they were truly dire.

Terry_dactyl

Norwich are probably the only club I'd be worried about MR realistically leaving for because he has a close affiliation with them. They would be able to offer him an opportunity to manage at a higher level, pay him more and give him more support in bringing in players, although obviously the expectations would be higher. As an ex-player he would probably get a little bit of leeway and a bedding in period from the fans unless they were truly dire.
I think in part, that’s the point…by the sounds of it they are dire now. If Farke is sacked, Robins/any manager going there would know they’d more or less have a ‘free hit’ for the rest of the season…with the expectation of building a side to return stronger the season after next.
Yo-Yoing is a great way to build a team good enough to eventually compete at the top. Farke appears to have failed at this 2nd bit.

Last edited:

Offhegoes

Robins jumped before, and got burned and had to start again in League 2. If he went this season, and they went down the pressure would be huge on him next season, and there won't be much patience. If he was then sacked, he's not going to be pick up a championship job very easily, and will need to go back to League 1. Also if they are looking for someone to keep them up this year, would they turn to a manager who has never managed at Premiership level?

Brylowes

it might be and I’m sure it’s not anyway but if they offered the contract Farke is allegedly on his loyalty would change
Absolutely, and it would be difficult to criticise him for it.
Real loyalty in football is almost nonexistent, the numbers involved are to high and besides that all managers know that when the time comes the club will afford them no loyalty, so any guilt for walking away isn’t really a factor.

SlowerThanPlatt

Robins jumped before, and got burned and had to start again in League 2. If he went this season, and they went down the pressure would be huge on him next season, and there won't be much patience. If he was then sacked, he's not going to be pick up a championship job very easily, and will need to go back to League 1. Also if they are looking for someone to keep them up this year, would they turn to a manager who has never managed at Premiership level?

He should back himself and would be well compensated should he fail. Same goes for players

mark_ccfc

We all know how managers come and go, there are a number of clubs who might tout for MR's services, it's just something we have to live with, there's no point worrying about it.
I was a bit miffed when MR left the first time, I didn't blame him for leaving under the circumstances, but the skyblue blood comment was unnecessary. He has since voiced some regret since though, and I think he has learned from that.

Liquid Gold

I don't think if he went to Norwich and was sacked next season that he would struggle to get a Championship job.

Even someone like Hull or Posh would jump at it.

fernandopartridge

I doubt that Norwich would sack Farke, he's got them promoted twice and is obviously content with not being backed very well by the board, How could they honestly sack him after they flog their best player on the eve of the season anyway?

Colin Steins Smile

Norwich's track record on managers in recent years is:

Paul Lambert [Aug 09 - June 12]
Chris Hughton [June 12 - April 14]
Neil Adams [April14 - Jan 15]
Alex Neil [Jan 15 - March 17]
Alan Irvine [March 17 - May 17]
Daniel Farke [May17 - present]

Generally, NCFC managers last an average of 2 years.....obviously Farke is the exception. However, given this is the second time under Farke they have been promoted AND they sold one of their best players to Villa last summer, without replacing him. I wonder if they had a strategy to bank the cash for a later spending spree if they attained a 3rd promotion.

I can't believe MR would be motivated by loading his pension to take any job. He strokes me as a coach who wants to win things.

Given the distance, travel time and the rubbish roads across to Norwich, that might also enter into MR's thinking about going there, as he couldn't nip home quickly.

SlowerThanPlatt

Norwich's track record on managers in recent years is:

Paul Lambert [Aug 09 - June 12]
Chris Hughton [June 12 - April 14]
Neil Adams [April14 - Jan 15]
Alex Neil [Jan 15 - March 17]
Alan Irvine [March 17 - May 17]
Daniel Farke [May17 - present]

Generally, NCFC managers last an average of 2 years.....obviously Farke is the exception. However, given this is the second time under Farke they have been promoted AND they sold one of their best players to Villa last summer, without replacing him. I wonder if they had a strategy to bank the cash for a later spending spree if they attained a 3rd promotion.

I can't believe MR would be motivated by loading his pension to take any job. He strokes me as a coach who wants to win things.

Given the distance, travel time and the rubbish roads across to Norwich, that might also enter into MR's thinking about going there, as he couldn't nip home quickly.

Lambert jumped to go to Villa and I believe Adams stood down to go back to his previous role

Irvine was caretaker

TwistAndShoutCCFC1987

Honestly If Robins left now to go to norwich I would not blame him at all. I would do the same. It could be argued (don’t necessarily believe this but could be said) that he has reached his ceiling with us , and a move to norwich would allow him more freedom in the transfer market , and would be risk/reward ; should he succeed , he may be able to get a job at a “bigger” club in the pl , should he fail , he may end up managing at a lower level than we are now. We shall see, I wouldn’t be suprised if it happened but wouldn’t bet on it , although he has left us before of course…….

Greggs

Sadly I've heard there is some truth to this. Norwich will only sack Farke once compo has been sorted for there number 1 target. They don't want a caretaker manager situation and are looking to draft in a new manager complete with assistant and coaches. Sounds ominous.

Brighton Sky Blue

Sadly I've heard there is some truth to this. Norwich will only sack Farke once compo has been sorted for there number 1 target. They don't want a caretaker manager situation and are looking to draft in a new manager complete with assistant and coaches. Sounds ominous.

That applies to a lot of viable managers.

Evo1883

Get the rumour out there then if they are credible sources and get the right people asking questions post match tomorrow 🤷‍♂️

Simple really

Greggs

If your source is the same as mine then you must have heard about Adi to Bristol Rovers too.
Yep, another sticking point. I guess both Robins and Adi have ambitions. I've heard Adi is a great coach, but not the best with his man management, vice versa for Robins, that's why they make such a good team. Norwich want both of them though. Tough one for Adi

Sky Blue Pete

To be fair , he'd get offered alot more money at Premier league Norwich than league 1 sunderland
It’s more the link with Norwich from playing there. Just think for Norwich it would be a strange appointment. For Robins it would be a step up for sure

Evo1883

Yep, another sticking point. I guess both Robins and Adi have ambitions. I've heard Adi is a great coach, but not the best with his man management, vice versa for Robins, that's why they make such a good team. Norwich want both of them though. Tough one for Adi

You know alot for something so sensitive, even the media haven't got wind .

After all this is a premier league club , biggest league in the world, and I'm fortunate enough that 2 people on SBT have the info 😀

So Norwich have been speaking to Mark robins for a week ? Farke knows about this but is trying to establish compensation.. is that correct

NorthernWisdom

It’s more the link with Norwich from playing there. Just think for Norwich it would be a strange appointment. For Robins it would be a step up for sure
I don't see itwould be that strange an appointment. They like to go for managers with a previous profile of sorts - Alex Neil was hardly a manager with a massive track record, Chris Hughton got the job from upper reaches of the Championship. Farke's the exception if anything, but he too has a track record before getting the Norwich gig, but not a high profile one.

Users who are viewing this thread