Farke out………Robins in, What are the chances. (4 Viewers)

Brighton Sky Blue

I don't see itwould be that strange an appointment. They like to go for managers with a previous profile of sorts - Alex Neil was hardly a manager with a massive track record, Chris Hughton got the job from upper reaches of the Championship. Farke's the exception if anything, but he too has a track record before getting the Norwich gig, but not a high profile one.

Well it’s more Farke has no problem getting them promoted so they need someone who can keep clubs in the top flight. Which Robins has never attempted

Evo1883

Also , when you consider that a poster on here says everybody in Norwich is talking about Mark robins ... then you look on their fans forum and see no Norwich fans talking about mark robins .

One can conclude people have a bad habit of talking wet.

Right , weekend league time

Sky Blue Pete

Also , when you consider that a poster on here says everybody in Norwich is talking about Mark robins ... then you look on their fans forum and see no Norwich fans talking about mark robins .

Yep bloomin bizarre

Tommo1993

With the job seeking managers out there already, I totally see why they’d even consider talking to Robins. Why can’t you see it?

Evo1883

I mean , I think it's worth having a go with robins , can overachieve on a budget .

But for such a big job , in the world's biggest league , and after talking for a week , and with everybody in norwich talking about robins ... there's fuck all to be seen anywhere

So I just can't take it seriously at this moment in time .

Sky Blue Pete

I mean , I think it's worth having a go with robins , can overachieve on a budget .

But for such a big job , in the world's biggest league , and after talking for a week , and with everybody in norwich talking about robins ... there's fuck all to be seen anywhere
Perfect itk story

Evo1883

I like you though @Greggs but I've smelt the banter from a mile off 😆

giphy.gif

Travs

Robins jumped before, and got burned and had to start again in League 2. If he went this season, and they went down the pressure would be huge on him next season, and there won't be much patience. If he was then sacked, he's not going to be pick up a championship job very easily, and will need to go back to League 1. Also if they are looking for someone to keep them up this year, would they turn to a manager who has never managed at Premiership level?

That is a very fair point... but if we fall away this year, or start badly next year, knives will be out in a shot. Look at last year... People suggesting he'd "hit his ceiling" with promotion from league 1 and we should replace with someone more experienced.

Terry Gibson's perm

Norwich won’t sack that Farke they are relegated already and will be back in the top few in the championship again next year.

Terry Gibson's perm

What fucks me off about Norwich is that they don’t even try and stay up, happy just to yo-yo. Boring cunts!

They just keep banking the money but never improving I would say they are actually worse this time, it’s suits the other prem clubs as they don’t have to pay all the parachute money and get to share that amongst themselves.

Paxman II

The problem in all truth with going down, and trying to come back up again is eventually you will come unstuck. Surely the goal is to try and stay in the top flight. There are no guarantees of getting back should you go down.

SlowerThanPlatt

The problem in all truth with going down, and trying to come back up again is eventually you will come unstuck. Surely the goal is to try and stay in the top flight. There are no guarantees of getting back should you go down.

They’re not deliberately trying to get relegated are they? Or they wouldn’t spend any money and play the players who got them promoted

Gleneagles65

They’ve released their accounts and spent 50 odd million in the summer rising to over £70m if they say up. Norwich did sell Buendia for £34m and are £20m + still in profit. Farke not under pressure allegedly after the sporting director (Webber) spoke mid week.

Sky Blue Harry H

They just keep banking the money but never improving I would say they are actually worse this time, it’s suits the other prem clubs as they don’t have to pay all the parachute money and get to share that amongst themselves.

I disagree with that (being worse). Despite how they've started this season, they were better last season than any of the teams in The Championship this season. They haven't got rid of many of their better players (Aarons, Cantwell are two off the top of my head), They are almost guaranteed to go up next season if/when relegated. I think that is clever safeguarding of their club. Better to do that than a Sunderland/Stoke and saddle yourself with years of pain through reckless spending.

SlowerThanPlatt

They’ve released their accounts and spent 50 odd million in the summer rising to over £70m if they say up. Norwich did sell Buendia for £34m and are £20m + still in profit. Farke not under pressure allegedly after the sporting director (Webber) spoke mid week.

Looking at their signings, none look convincing and Cantwell isn’t going to be up to much in the Premier League. I think they’ve frozen him out and he’s in the 23s

SlowerThanPlatt

Why have they frozen him out? Was he pushing for a move?

Hasn’t made the last 4 squads and Farke said nothing has changed today

This is from the Chelsea game:

There is a difference between being 'not injured' and being ready for a game at this top level. You can't turn up at a Premier League game at 98%

Todd is not 18 anymore. The rules are clear for every player. You have to be fully fit, mentally prepared and deliver on the training pitch. It's quite easy. The standard and levels are the same for every player. It's not that difficult

Terry Gibson's perm

I disagree with that (being worse). Despite how they've started this season, they were better last season than any of the teams in The Championship this season. They haven't got rid of many of their better players (Aarons, Cantwell are two off the top of my head), They are almost guaranteed to go up next season if/when relegated. I think that is clever safeguarding of their club. Better to do that than a Sunderland/Stoke and saddle yourself with years of pain through reckless spending.

They are worse than last time they were in the premier at least last time the striker scored a few at the start of the season.

Users who are viewing this thread