Farke out………Robins in, What are the chances. (2 Viewers)

SlowerThanPlatt

It’s a bloody good gravy train once you get on it top wages, mega pay-offs and basically for failure, not many medals in those four.

They’ve all pretty much exclusively managed unfashionable clubs in the top flight haven’t they?

Brighton Sky Blue

It’s a bloody good gravy train once you get on it top wages, mega pay-offs and basically for failure, not many medals in those four.

As above really it comes down to whether or not they actually want to fight to stay up or be comfortable collecting massive payouts every other season. Surely all that piling up in the bank will allow them to give it a proper tilt

ccfcchris

Living in a predominantly Norwich supporting town just 20 miles from the city itsel, I’m becoming increasingly concerned by the clamour among their fan base to replace Farke with Mark Robins, Farke has been a hugely popular boss at the club but it now seems even his most fervent supporters are resigned to losing him.
Mark Robins was an extremely popular figure at the club during his 3 years there in the early 90s and established himself as a real fan’s favourite before being sold on to Man Utd.
I obviously know nothing about how the club at board level are looking at this situation but the consensus among supporters is very warm towards Robins.
Norwich like to play good attractive football but are averse to breaking the bank to achieve it.
They would likely be able to offer him a personal financial package we could never compete with.
Pressure on him would be limited as they expect to go down and he’d then be given a chance to take on the championship as favourites with. money to spend.
Its also a very nice part of the country to live in.

Shoot me down if you wish ‘but I’m becoming very concerned by the situation at Norwich.
Stop worrying.

Earlsdon-Loyal-Blue

Living in a predominantly Norwich supporting town just 20 miles from the city itsel, I’m becoming increasingly concerned by the clamour among their fan base to replace Farke with Mark Robins, Farke has been a hugely popular boss at the club but it now seems even his most fervent supporters are resigned to losing him.
Mark Robins was an extremely popular figure at the club during his 3 years there in the early 90s and established himself as a real fan’s favourite before being sold on to Man Utd.
I obviously know nothing about how the club at board level are looking at this situation but the consensus among supporters is very warm towards Robins.
Norwich like to play good attractive football but are averse to breaking the bank to achieve it.
They would likely be able to offer him a personal financial package we could never compete with.
Pressure on him would be limited as they expect to go down and he’d then be given a chance to take on the championship as favourites with. money to spend.
Its also a very nice part of the country to live in.

Shoot me down if you wish ‘but I’m becoming very concerned by the situation at Norwich.

I could be wrong but have you posted this a couple of times before? I haven’t seen this rumour anywhere else

Liquid Gold

It's exactly the sort of job that could tempt him.

I just don't know if he's the type that they'd look at. He's done incredibly well here but 5 years ago he was unemployed after being sacked by Scunthorpe.

Sky Blue Harry H

He endeavours to play attractive football but never demands a kings ransom to achieve it, he’s shown a real ability to instill togetherness in the team and throughout the squad, he never mouth’s off and seems to be well liked and respected by his peers.
In all honesty in there position, with his links to the club and popularity in there fan base , I’m struggling to find reasons they wouldon’t move for him

Outed:

Brylowes = MR's agent

Brylowes

It's exactly the sort of job that could tempt him.

I just don't know if he's the type that they'd look at. He's done incredibly well here but 5 years ago he was unemployed after being sacked by Scunthorpe.
Any perspective employers will have zero interest in 5 years ago

Grendel

What makes you so sure, it may not happen but I fail to see how you don’t see the potential of it.

Robins isn’t a big enough name. It’s only the Norwich connection - next couple of weeks we could be 11th in the league - it’s like him going and we take a top half league 1 manager as a replacement

the one job he might get and take is Sheffield united

David O'Day

What makes you so sure, it may not happen but I fail to see how you don’t see the potential of it.

Because it's clearly not going to happen.

There's nothing to even suggest they will sack Farke as they seem happy with the current situation.

the rumpo kid

M R has a job to finish here, if he can get us up into the premier division , he will have made himself immortal in this city just like J H did.
Whatever town or city gives you that much admiration and respect, is worth more than any pocket full of cash , especially when it's a city with as much history and As well known throughout the world as Coventry.

PVA

A Norwich fan I know says Robins is very highly thought of by the board and would 100% be in the running for the job if Farke was to go anytime soon.

SlowerThanPlatt

Because it's clearly not going to happen.

There's nothing to even suggest they will sack Farke as they seem happy with the current situation.

I could see it happening if they get relegated and Farke leaves. Not in the Premier League though. Go for someone short term to try and keep them up

Colin Steins Smile

Its an obvious fit for Norwich & MR and managing in the Premier League must be on his "to do list".
However, would MR be given the free rein over all aspects of the playing and support services within the club, allied to recruitment, etc?
Lots of supporters like the idea of employing ex-players, but it seldom works out.

SlowerThanPlatt

Its an obvious fit for Norwich & MR and managing in the Premier League must be on his "to do list".
However, would MR be given the free rein over all aspects of the playing and support services within the club, allied to recruitment, etc?
Lots of supporters like the idea of employing ex-players, but it seldom works out.

There’s not many Premier League clubs who do. They have transfer committees

Grendel

Farke has only just signed a 4 year deal. Robins has only any success with us - it was a car crash when Nathan Jones left Luton and clubs with big budgets and real promotion expectations would look very hard at making such choices

SlowerThanPlatt

Farke has only just signed a 4 year deal. Robins has only any success with us - it was a car crash when Nathan Jones left Luton and clubs with big budgets and real promotion expectations would look very hard at making such choices

In the Championship is realistic I think. They’d be mad to put him in charge to keep them up

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
Some Norwich fans might want this but I do not see it happening. I think part of what drives our manager is being able build something and that isn't finished here

Grendel

Some Norwich fans might want this but I do not see it happening. I think part of what drives our manager is being able build something and that isn't finished here

it might be and I’m sure it’s not anyway but if they offered the contract Farke is allegedly on his loyalty would change

SonofErnie

Indeed you could argue that Robin’s time at Huddersfield was somewhat a car crash.

Users who are viewing this thread