Farke out………Robins in, What are the chances. (1 Viewer)

Sbarcher

Bloody hell, both Barnsley and Scunny fire their managers today. 1st of the month syndrone?

Paxman II

So just to add here...
Norwich have a decent guy at the helm who has won promotion at a canter and has been given little to no money to improve the side for the premier league, and so being in the relegation zone (again) is his fault? Their model is not about to change for this small provincial club who teeter on the edge for premier league survival whenever they get up there.
Now some on here think Robins is the answer because he is an x player, a successful manager in the EFL and Norwich would pay him more?
OK in the short term his wages would increase for sure. But he would be swapping a bigger club (albeit currently in the championship) for at best a yo yo club who would not be guaranteed to get back up again. All this while he is completing what could still be a dramatic promotion to the premier league for Coventry and watch as Norwich go the other way? Even if we do not go up, we will be in the same league as Norwich next term. Robins will already be set for new and improved terms from SISU and if he continues on his present trajectory will become as iconic in this city as Jimmy Hill.
He got burned at Huddersfield, and the grass is not always as green on the other side. Robins has total control at Coventry. If he was ever going to go, it would be for a side with a solid chance of staying in the premier league, and few if any would appoint a man from the EFL to do that. lets us suppose Farke got sacked...would you have him here as our manager? I would. So yes he is proven at championship level and Norwich gaining Robins would not change that for the better would it? If they sack him I see Alladyce or someone like that going there to attempt to keep them up.

SlowerThanPlatt

So just to add here...
Norwich have a decent guy at the helm who has won promotion at a canter and has been given little to no money to improve the side for the premier league, and so being in the relegation zone (again) is his fault? Their model is not about to change for this small provincial club who teeter on the edge for premier league survival whenever they get up there.
Now some on here think Robins is the answer because he is an x player, a successful manager in the EFL and Norwich would pay him more?
OK in the short term his wages would increase for sure. But he would be swapping a bigger club (albeit currently in the championship) for at best a yo yo club who would not be guaranteed to get back up again. All this while he is completing what could still be a dramatic promotion to the premier league for Coventry and watch as Norwich go the other way? Even if we do not go up, we will be in the same league as Norwich next term. Robins will already be set for new and improved terms from SISU and if he continues on his present trajectory will become as iconic in this city as Jimmy Hill.
He got burned at Huddersfield, and the grass is not always as green on the other side. Robins has total control at Coventry. If he was ever going to go, it would be for a side with a solid chance of staying in the premier league, and few if any would appoint a man from the EFL to do that. lets us suppose Farke got sacked...would you have him here as our manager? I would. So yes he is proven at championship level and Norwich gaining Robins would not change that for the better would it? If they sack him I see Alladyce or someone like that going there to attempt to keep them up.
What a load of condescending nonsense

Grendel

I think Farke probably is on borrowed time as fans see clubs getting promoted like Brentford out performing them. Certainly if they get another battering I can’t see him lasting but the club did give him a 4 year deal

Fans aren’t going to accept being bottom of a league when other with no more resources - like Burnley - have established themselves for much longer

procdoc

I think Farke probably is on borrowed time as fans see clubs getting promoted like Brentford out performing them. Certainly if they get another battering I can’t see him lasting but the club did give him a 4 year deal

Fans aren’t going to accept being bottom of a league when other with no more resources - like Burnley - have established themselves for much longer
Brentford have adapted their game for the premier league, when I’ve watched them they seem to have gone a lot more direct. Norwich are trying to play the same way as they did in the championship and are getting battered

Brighton Sky Blue

Brentford have adapted their game for the premier league, when I’ve watched them they seem to have gone a lot more direct. Norwich are trying to play the same way as they did in the championship and are getting battered

Their defence looks really brittle a lot of the time, Pukki is clearly just not top flight quality and one of their most creative flair players is nowhere to be seen. Recruitment needs to shoulder some blame but Farke also

TwistAndShoutCCFC1987

Agreed. Losing to brentford by a couple may be fatal because after all brentford are a side norwich vastly outperformed in the championship last year and who are doing much better than norwich

Gleneagles65

So just to add here...
They have spent this summer that’s why Norwich fans are so disappointed. £50 +m rising to over £70m if they stop up (which they won’t though)

Terry_dactyl

They have spent this summer that’s why Norwich fans are so disappointed. £50 +m rising to over £70m if they stop up (which they won’t though)
I’ve just checked…they really have spent. £50 mil + doesn’t get what it used to! Seemingly a few players from the German 2nd division.
Perhaps we could swap hillsner for cantwell?

TwistAndShoutCCFC1987

I’ve just checked…they really have spent. £50 mil + doesn’t get what it used to! Seemingly a few players from the German 2nd division.
Perhaps we could swap hillsner for cantwell?
The players they signed from germany were from werder bremen , who just got relegated from the bundesliga , another level to hillsner unfortunately

TwistAndShoutCCFC1987

Yeah…I figured that. Worth a go!
Kind of a golden rule though…try not to sign a load of players whom were an integral part of a relegation side.
I note they also signed Kabak from Shalke on loan.
I suppose they have to choose their recruitment carefully due to the inflated market and the fact it will be hard for them to sign an established name. I actually think the players they signed were on the whole pretty good , but their side overall lacks so much quality

Terry_dactyl

I suppose they have to choose their recruitment carefully due to the inflated market and the fact it will be hard for them to sign an established name. I actually think the players they signed were on the whole pretty good , but their side overall lacks so much quality
Yeah I guess. Would’ve thought signing some championship gems may have served them better? I haven’t seen them play but they sound pretty awful. Why aren’t Cantwell and Gilmour playing regularly?
I guess as a Norwich fan you would hope that the least they could do is finish above the teams also promoted. Which looks unlikely.

TwistAndShoutCCFC1987

Yeah I guess. Would’ve thought signing some championship gems may have served them better? I haven’t seen them play but they sound pretty awful. Why aren’t Cantwell and Gilmour playing regularly?
I guess as a Norwich fan you would hope that the least they could do is finish above the teams also promoted. Which looks unlikely.
Players like olise and Armstrong you’d think year on year they would go for , but every year they’ve gone up they’ve lost out on these players. Really weird. As if they want to yo-yo

Grendel

Because it's clearly not going to happen.

There's nothing to even suggest they will sack Farke as they seem happy with the current situation.

giphy.gif

Danceswithhorses

it's not noise is it kid, it's just a few people talking.
There is nothing at all coming out of that club that makes it even remotely likely that he will be sacked.
Well, look who has egg on his face now, kid ?
Are you going to admit you were wrong, or perhaps maybe you will 'double down' ?

The fact that he was sacked, despite winning today, clearly shows that this wasn't a knee jerk reaction, but something the board had planned.

Last edited:

Terry Gibson's perm

I didn’t think they would sack him as he has got them promoted and could again, the director of football has been getting a bit of stuck and they don’t like that in their easy little jobs.

Users who are viewing this thread