Farke out………Robins in, What are the chances. (2 Viewers)

Brylowes

Living in a predominantly Norwich supporting town just 20 miles from the city itsel, I’m becoming increasingly concerned by the clamour among their fan base to replace Farke with Mark Robins, Farke has been a hugely popular boss at the club but it now seems even his most fervent supporters are resigned to losing him.
Mark Robins was an extremely popular figure at the club during his 3 years there in the early 90s and established himself as a real fan’s favourite before being sold on to Man Utd.
I obviously know nothing about how the club at board level are looking at this situation but the consensus among supporters is very warm towards Robins.
Norwich like to play good attractive football but are averse to breaking the bank to achieve it.
They would likely be able to offer him a personal financial package we could never compete with.
Pressure on him would be limited as they expect to go down and he’d then be given a chance to take on the championship as favourites with. money to spend.
Its also a very nice part of the country to live in.

Shoot me down if you wish ‘but I’m becoming very concerned by the situation at Norwich.

stay_up_skyblues

Arise Sir Jackett….

In all seriousness, this would be one of MR’s only realistic routes into the Premier but can’t see the Norwich board going for it. Even if it would be a decent appointment for them I’d expect them to go foreign. Disaster for City though.

Brylowes

Im not concerned, why would he ditch a project he has been working on for 5 years in order to join a yoyo club and probably get sacked within 2-3 seasons
Oh come on mate, if he’s on half a million a year here (I’m guessing) a club like Norwich could triple it.
And he could just as easily be sacked here in 2 or 3 years time, football isn’t a sport well known for loyalty ‘and for good reason.

Brighton Sky Blue

This really depends on if Norwich have already written off survival this season. If they want to fight for it they’ll probably go for someone else

Terry_dactyl

He really is mate, struggling to understand why some can’t see it.
Farke is on his way out for sure, I just hope the Board are looking in a completely different direction.
Wouldnt be at all surprised if Robins is sat in their dugout in the next 4 weeks.
You’d think hes actually the obvious choice for them and possibly more worrying a club that Robins would want to go to…already well liked there, a prem club/loads of cash, quality players, and also a no lose situation to join them ie if they go down blame Farke, if they stay up he’s an instant hero.
I repeat, bugger.

Sky Blue Harry H

Worse case scenario, if MR goes there, we'll get all of Norwich's prospects / fringe players on loan. They'll sign Bright for £10m and MR will come back to us a year later after he's been sacked and we've ditched his replacement Steve Evans. 50/1 with Boyle Sports.

SlowerThanPlatt

Seems the club is behind farke , let’s hope they stay away from MR

Got 5 games coming up now they can realistically get some points from. They’ve had a rough start in fairness

Evo1883

Seems the club is behind farke , let’s hope they stay away from MR
Bit of blind faith in all honesty , seems Norwich are just happy in general with their current model and don't seem to make any effort to change it

SlowerThanPlatt

It’s not too bad. There’s some clubs who spend above their means and don’t come back up for another 20 years like Leeds. I’d take it here

slowpoke

It isn’t Farke though is it he seems okay certainly had them playing okay last season. but Norwich seem to be happy with this up one year down the next almost a policy.
They look certain for relegation again but will be one of the favourites to bounce back, West Brom & Fulham are the same.

Last edited:

Brylowes

hill83

I reckon they will be in for more of a 'name'. Would they be happy with what is essentially a lower league manager, ex player or not.

I better be right.

Brighton Sky Blue

That is another good shout tbh, but I think he’ll want/need a break

I suspect that £8 million payoff will see him into a very nice early retirement. Maybe another one of the older managers who always seems to get work

Allardyce
Pardew
McCarthy
Hughton

Who knows perhaps they'll even lure Lampard

Frostie

Bit of blind faith in all honesty , seems Norwich are just happy in general with their current model and don't seem to make any effort to change it

And their model is similar to the one we've adopted. Badlan is a Stuart Webber disciple.
In all fairness, MR & his team could be a good fit there.

Sacking Farke isn't the answer though, he's not been backed at all.
As you say if the pressures of PL survival & finance etc do mean sacking him then it would be going against their model & I would then expect they'd also go for a bigger name manager too.

Brylowes

I reckon they will be in for more of a 'name'. Would they be happy with what is essentially a lower league manager, ex player or not.

I better be right.
He endeavours to play attractive football but never demands a kings ransom to achieve it, he’s shown a real ability to instill togetherness in the team and throughout the squad, he never mouth’s off and seems to be well liked and respected by his peers.
In all honesty in there position, with his links to the club and popularity in there fan base , I’m struggling to find reasons they wouldon’t move for him

slowpoke

I suspect that £8 million payoff will see him into a very nice early retirement. Maybe another one of the older managers who always seems to get work

Allardyce
Pardew
McCarthy
Hughton

Who knows perhaps they'll even lure Lampard
It’s a bloody good gravy train once you get on it top wages, mega pay-offs and basically for failure, not many medals in those four.

Users who are viewing this thread