Farke out………Robins in, What are the chances. (2 Viewers)

Colin Steins Smile

I'm not saying it doesn't, just that removing them would make promotion a bit of a poisoned chalice because you'd either have to accept an almost inevitable relegation because you couldn't bring in players to make you competitive and anyone decent in your team getting sold at the end having had the opportunity to showcase their talents in the PL or take a massive gamble on improving the squad to stay up and put the club in real jeopardy if it doesn't pay off.

Let's say we went up this year and in the close season bought a couple of players on relatively expensive wages to try and stay up. It doesn't work and we go down without any parachute payment. We've now got a couple of players with a couple of years left on their contracts on wages vastly higher than we can service on a Championship budget. If we can't offload them we're in real danger of going under. Other teams know that and so put in low bids knowing we can't afford to keep them and we end up making a massive loss on them.

Or we enter it knowing we can't afford those contracts and so play it safe largely keeping with the same squad with a few minor upgrades on reasonable wages. We go through the following season losing pretty much every week before going back down and end up exactly where we started but with a demoralised squad and fans and big clubs coming in for our better players and thus leaving us having to rebuild the team.

The way it is isn't fair, but I don't think that would make it much better.
The solution is for the gap in funding available to the teams in each division to be much closer than it is now.

TwistAndShoutCCFC1987

So , what do we reckon? Is he gone after this then? Performance not too bad but another loss and it’s a results business at the end of the day , leeds with one win at home is a pretty winnable fixture to be honest. Time will tell I suppose and even if he is sacked it’s unlikely they will go for MR anyway

Brylowes

So , what do we reckon? Is he gone after this then? Performance not too bad but another loss and it’s a results business at the end of the day , leeds with one win at home is a pretty winnable fixture to be honest. Time will tell I suppose and even if he is sacked it’s unlikely they will go for MR anyway
Even though they lost the performance was much improved, they looked up for a fight and we’re possibly unlucky to lose, I thought a loss today with a tepid performance would see him gone, probably enough grit in today’s performance to delay the executioner.

Terry Gibson's perm

I don’t see him going at all they will keep him to get them promoted next year as he can do that, maybe they should sack the sporting director or the assistant sporting director.

no_loyalty

Even though they lost the performance was much improved, they looked up for a fight and we’re possibly unlucky to lose, I thought a loss today with a tepid performance would see him gone, probably enough grit in today’s performance to delay the executioner.

They are still on course to finish with the lowest ever premier league points total, they have already conceded the most goals after 10 games in premier league history.

CDK

Farke I think he suits Norwich and vica versa,like wise robins here.put this thread to bed and move on.

David O'Day

You do realise there has not even been a sniff of a rumour they will even sack him

Fair fucks for doubling down though

chiefdave

He suits them in the Championship, the owners are maybe looking at someone they think can achieve more in the Premier League
Give it a couple of days and Nino Espírito Santo is likely to be an option. Someone with a successful track record at a ‘smaller’ PL club.

stay_up_skyblues

Hopefully not a Farke taxi😉

giphy.gif

SlowerThanPlatt

They are still on course to finish with the lowest ever premier league points total, they have already conceded the most goals after 10 games in premier league history.

In a way going down isn’t all bad for their model. Can sell players as a top Championship side rather than a terrible Premier League one - they did well to get £40m out of Villa for Buendia, wouldn’t get that for him now in this side.

Brylowes

You do realise there has not even been a sniff of a rumour they will even sack him

Fair fucks for doubling down though
Presuming that you live in the Coventry area ‘or literaly anywhere else other than Norfolk, the comings and going’s at Norwich City FC aren’t likely to feature on any of your newsfeeds.
Trust me, Farke is currently under immense pressure from the supporters and lately increasingly from local news outlets.
How have I doubled down :unsure: I made it absolutely clear from the off that this was merely a thought provoking opinion peace on my part, I have never claimed to have any sort of inside information.
Tell you what though…….I still think this is likely to happen.

David O'Day

Presuming that you live in the Coventry area ‘or literaly anywhere else other than Norfolk, the comings and going’s at Norwich City FC aren’t likely to feature on any of your newsfeeds.
Trust me, Farke is currently under immense pressure from the supporters and lately increasingly from local news outlets.
How have I doubled down :unsure: I made it absolutely clear from the off that this was merely a thought provoking opinion peace on my part, I have never claimed to have any sort of inside information.
Tell you what though…….I still think this is likely to happen.
so it's back to anecdotal evidence

chiefdave

There's some huge leaps being taken here.

There will obviously be questions about Farke given their start but from that we've gone to the supporters and media want him out, the board are about to sack him, the board have already accepted relegation, Robins is their preferred replacement, Robins would be interested, our board would let them speak to Robins and Robins would agree terms.

And the reasoning behind this all seems to be that Farke is good at getting them out of the Championship but struggles in the Prem. So they're going to recruit a manager who has never been prompted out of the Championship and has managed zero games in the Prem.

Its definitely not out of the question but I'm not sure its the foregone conclusion some are making it out to be. When was the last time a Premier League team appointed an English manager with no Premier League experience?

Last edited:

Grendel

David O'Day

So you're saying that when ex players (Eadie, Sutton), some frustrated fans, and the national media are questioning Farke's ability, that equates to ZERO noise ??
Sounds like the accuser of 'doubling down' is 'doubling down'

it's not noise is it kid, it's just a few people talking

There is nothing at all coming out of that club that makes it even remotely likely that he will be sacked.

David O'Day

There's some huge leaps being taken here.

There will obviously be questions about Farke given there start but from that we've gone to the supporters and media want him out, the board are about to sack him, the board have already accepted relegation, Robins is their preferred replacement, Robins would be interested, our board would let them speak to Robins and Robins would agree terms.

And the reasoning behind this all seems to be that Farke is good at getting them out of the Championship but struggles in the Prem. So they're going to recruit a manager who has never been prompted out of the Championship and has managed zero games in the Prem.

Its definitely not out of the question but I'm not sure its the foregone conclusion some are making it out to be. When was the last time a Premier League team appointed an English manager with no Premier League experience?

Exactly

Brylowes

so it's back to anecdotal evidence
There is no real evidence is there, I’ve stated that from the start.
Its just a feeling I have based on a few loose factors, this is a supporter message board isn’t it, I was under the impression that fans came on and voiced opinions, concerns posed questions’ that sort of thing.
Now I’ll say it again, there are serious questions being asked of Farke by the club and fans, I believe there is a very real possibility he will soon be gone, on top of that I believe there is a very real possibility they will approach Mark Robins when that happens.

Brylowes

Farke I think he suits Norwich and vica versa,like wise robins here.put this thread to bed and move on.
P10 W0 D2 L8 F3 A25 Pts2 :unsure: You honestly think Robins would be basking in popularity with these stats.

robbiethemole

fuck me, there's some proper masochistic fuckers on here, even when we are flying they have to try and put a downer on everything we've accomplished by putting out all this fucking bullshit.

why do you do it you wankers ? just enjoy what we're doing and see where it goes.

Users who are viewing this thread