Do you want to discuss boring politics? (11 Viewers)

wingy

Don’t get this. Furlough is for businesses not staff. As the guy says in the article if staff are allowed another job by their contract their in their rights to get one. If someone refuses to do their job you fire them it’s not rocket science.

This government constantly poking its nose into people private lives.
Lucky bastard's have got gardens,
Shoot A sitting MP?
If he were a paratrooper?

Philosorapter

'It's very important that the electorate has choice', says MP from one of the three main neo-liberal party's in the UK.

Philosorapter

On the positive side, it does look like Labour's leadership competition has started.

SBAndy

Andy burnham will take over keir by the end of this year hopefully

Burnham is, I believe, Labour’s only hope now.

I’m not sure he wants to go back to Westminster I get the impression he’s happy where he is

He’s consistently said that he will do whatever the party needs him to do. He’s had 2 failed attempts at leadership already and I do get the impression that unless it’s rubber stamped he would happily sit as GM Mayor, but he’s such a wasted talent up there. Got all the tools to lead the party and I also think that time outside the Westminster bubble has done him good. He’s much more open now.

Sky Blue Pete

Burnham is, I believe, Labour’s only hope now.

He’s consistently said that he will do whatever the party needs him to do. He’s had 2 failed attempts at leadership already and I do get the impression that unless it’s rubber stamped he would happily sit as GM Mayor, but he’s such a wasted talent up there. Got all the tools to lead the party and I also think that time outside the Westminster bubble has done him good. He’s much more open now.
Left don’t think he’s left enough

Sky Blue Pete

Left don’t think he’s left enough
In fact worse than that the left want to stay in opposition to keep telling everyone how things would be much better if they were in control despite doing everything in their power to make sure that never happens. Pisses me off at work in the union in my city my party and my country

Philosorapter

In fact worse than that the left want to stay in opposition to keep telling everyone how things would be much better if they were in control despite doing everything in their power to make sure that never happens. Pisses me off at work in the union in my city my party and my country

Understand there are big changes coming through for Unions in the local area with a more left-wing approach coming soon?

Sky Blue Pete

Understand there are big changes coming through for Unions in the area with a more left-wing approach coming soon?
Yep a minority of people in the unions want to lead the vast majority in a way that will add to the already criminal levels of apathy at workplace level. Disastrous

Philosorapter

Yep a minority of people in the unions want to lead the vast majority in a way that will add to the already criminal levels of apathy at workplace level. Disastrous

Some say that apathy in the workplace has been one of the main contentions as to why this issue has started. With the same going with low turnout at the local election level. Surely re-engaging with the workforce is in everyone's interests.

Philosorapter

Some say that apathy in the workplace has been one of the main contentions as to why this issue has started. With the same going with low turnout at the local election level. Surely re-engaging with the workforce is in everyone's interests.

125 labour members voting for a parliamentary candidate in the Coventry North West area can't be looked on as a success.

Sky Blue Pete

Not telling them what to think though genuinely listening to their opinions. That’s something that pisses me off too

shmmeee

This is Sadiq Khan/David Milliband for the left. Goes to a Labour city/NGO, plays on easy mode, half the party cry for him to come back, he realises what a sweet deal he has an sticks around.

TBH no one is going to beat Johnson right now. Smart move would be wait for Starmer to lose and then come in knowing Johnson isn’t likely to be a three term PM.

Philosorapter

Not telling them what to think though genuinely listening to their opinions. That’s something that pisses me off too

From my appraisal of Labour's Coventry City councillors, not all but quite a few, their political expertise is Machiavelli's, 'The Prince' and not much else. I wouldn't be surprised why the apathy is so high in Coventry that it is self-serving to the people that hold the reigns of power in these groups.

Grendel

Also my recollection of Burnham when he stood in the leadership election against Corbyn was that he was shocking. A rabbit in the headlights. He’s fine as a local politician in his own battle ground but he may just be good at that

Brighton Sky Blue

Also my recollection of Burnham when he stood in the leadership election against Corbyn was that he was shocking. A rabbit in the headlights. He’s fine as a local politician in his own battle ground but he may just be good at that

He was very poor indeed. But it was also 6 years ago and his stock has gone up considerably. Just wait for Starmer to sink things to rock bottom before handing over

shmmeee

He was the best of a bad bunch but went in as the “left candidate” and had his dinner eaten by Corbyn.

PVA

XesRsRD.jpeg

shmmeee

“34.We support the Department’s insistence that all children should benefit from an ambitious and challenging curriculum. A culture of low expectations is damaging for White working-class children. However, too many disadvantaged White pupils are leaving school without essential qualifications, and something needs to change to re-engage these learners in their education.”

Oof. Just glancing but that recommendation is basically “make them take easier subjects”.

Talk about the bigotry of low expectations. I agree non-academic students need more options, but seems harsh to recommend that to close a racial attainment gap. Are they implying white British people are naturally more stupid?

shmmeee

“17.High-quality, joined-up education and health support for disadvantaged White families in the early years of their child’s life is crucial and has demonstrable benefits. The Family Hub model is ideally placed to deliver continuity of support and care, helping disadvantaged White families build relationships with trusted contacts, navigate a complex system of entitlements, and identify problems early on. (Paragraph 87)”

*don’t say Sure Start. Don’t say Sure Start*

shmmeee

“The free school system has failed to place new schools in areas of highest need and so has failed to reach left behind pupils, and should be encouraged in areas of disadvantage or deprivation.”

Don’t worry Callum and Darren, Toby “the egg” Young will save you. *check results* oh no 🙈

shmmeee

Schools should consider whether the promotion of politically controversial terminology, including White Privilege, is consistent with their duties under the Equality Act 2010. The Department should take steps to ensure that young people are not inadvertently being inducted into political movements when what is required is balanced, age-appropriate discussion and a curriculum that equips young people to thrive in diverse and multi-cultural communities throughout their lives and work. The Department should issue clear guidance for schools and other Department-affiliated organisations receiving grants from the Department on how to deliver teaching on these complex issues in a balanced, impartial and age-appropriate way. (Paragraph 29)”

Yeah man, the real problem white British kids have been having for decades is *checks notes* a fringe ideology that turned up on Twitter in the last five years.

What a fucking joke this report is. Our kids deserve better than low expectations and petty political point scoring.

Evo1883

“34.We support the Department’s insistence that all children should benefit from an ambitious and challenging curriculum. A culture of low expectations is damaging for White working-class children. However, too many disadvantaged White pupils are leaving school without essential qualifications, and something needs to change to re-engage these learners in their education.”

Oof. Just glancing but that recommendation is basically “make them take easier subjects”.

Talk about the bigotry of low expectations. I agree non-academic students need more options, but seems harsh to recommend that to close a racial attainment gap. Are they implying white British people are naturally more stupid?

Have no idea mate , you're a teacher ...EXPLAIN YOURSELF WHAT ARE YOU DOING TO OUR KIDS 🤣

Users who are viewing this thread