Match Thread Derby Match Thread (1 Viewer)

Mucca Mad Boys

Yes, you throw the kitchen sink at them and react immediately. 99.9% of the time you change it like he did and nothing happens. He didn't bring another striker on until the last minute. This shouldn't have been as a delayed reaction either. Everyone was screaming for changes 15 minutes before we conceded. If we had been proactive and taken off some of the passengers we could have taken it to them and got 3 points.

As I said, on this occasion we got lucky with a sweet strike from Hamer. How you can bury your head in the sand and forget 89 minutes of bilge before that is incredibly short sighted. They very nearly made it 2-0 by hitting the bar and I'm still not sure how he missed that.

The performance and tactics were no where near good enough. A snatch and grab point was lucky in the end and I don't think they should be resting on their laurels at all following that.

Biamou and Jobello were brought on in the 77th minute before Derby scored. So MR did precisely what you would’ve done.

Let’s be honest, I don’t think you or many people on this would back Baka or Biamou to score a goal over Walker. I wouldn’t.

Again, you’re totally missing out that we were the better team with the better chances in the 1st half. As numerous people have noted, including yourself, COH missed ‘sitters’ and Walker’s goal ‘was never offside’. You also noticed Walker was walking, Shipley and McCallum (only Rose or Osti to replace him) was playing badly, then you moan that we take them off in hindsight.

Frankly, we don't have a lot of options, and you would have made the same decisions. Or, you would've left some of the same players on the pitch who were playing badly or tiring and weren't being effective. In reality, you wouldn't have done much different.

All in all, both teams could’ve won had things gone differently. Let’s have a look at some of your comments during the game to demonstrate my point...

Forget the pen, it’s shocking O’Hare missed that.
- you liked this one
Great header. Offside annoying.
That has been a bit of a shit half but we have to take some of these fucking chances.

Some players a bit absent. Notably Shipley again.
What the fuck is McCallum doing?

We have about three passengers on the pitch right now. He needs to fucking change it.

Also noticed Walker just walking around a lot.

If we can get a point playing so badly and having the wrong tactics and all this, then we've done alright out of it.

Frostie

Starting from -12 would hamper a clubs ability to bring players in.

I doubt that very much, have you seen who they signed? They might insist on certain get outs in the event of relegation sure but they won't care too much about that starting position - Wednesday are a big draw.

87 n all that

I doubt that very much, have you seen who they signed? They might insist on certain get outs in the event of relegation sure but they won't care too much about that starting position - Wednesday are a big draw.
Great motivation for a player when you have a get out clause. They’ll pay the wages but then that’s it. Money talks in football as we all know but weds won’t be in a relegation battle come April.

Astute

They gifted us a goal remember, that's why we won!
Honestly tired of the constant slagging of the manager and the players.
Everything we get wrong is a disaster, everything we get right is luck or because someone else fucked up.

It's fucking depressing.
People need to remember that this time a few years ago we had Russell Slate in charge and were heading for L2
I agree with you yet you remind me they gifted us a goal 🤔

Since we beat them playing how many don't want us to play they have won 3-0 and 4-0 against mid table teams. I don't exactly want us to play that way but I want us to stop leaking goals and put points on the board. It has reached the point of wanting attacking football or gaining points. Was a point at the top of the table Norwich a good result? Not to many on here. Yet with the same side they won their previous games. The bookies had them heavy odds on.

My thoughts are the same as before the season started. Survival is top priority. The last 4 games have been negative tactics. But the rot has stopped. We have gone from bottom 3 to putting a gap between us. Yes the games have been shite but the points have been good.

clint van damme

I agree with you yet you remind me they gifted us a goal 🤔

Since we beat them playing how many don't want us to play they have won 3-0 and 4-0 against mid table teams. I don't exactly want us to play that way but I want us to stop leaking goals and put points on the board. It has reached the point of wanting attacking football or gaining points. Was a point at the top of the table Norwich a good result? Not to many on here. Yet with the same side they won their previous games. The bookies had them heavy odds on.

My thoughts are the same as before the season started. Survival is top priority. The last 4 games have been negative tactics. But the rot has stopped. We have gone from bottom 3 to putting a gap between us. Yes the games have been shite but the points have been good.

I totally agree.
My comment about gifting us a goal was sarcastic because someone said that's the only reason we beat them.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Biamou and Jobello were brought on in the 77th minute before Derby scored. So MR did precisely what you would’ve done.

Let’s be honest, I don’t think you or many people on this would back Baka or Biamou to score a goal over Walker. I wouldn’t.

Again, you’re totally missing out that we were the better team with the better chances in the 1st half. As numerous people have noted, including yourself, COH missed ‘sitters’ and Walker’s goal ‘was never offside’. You also noticed Walker was walking, Shipley and McCallum (only Rose or Osti to replace him) was playing badly, then you moan that we take them off in hindsight.

Frankly, we don't have a lot of options, and you would have made the same decisions. Or, you would've left some of the same players on the pitch who were playing badly or tiring and weren't being effective. In reality, you wouldn't have done much different.

All in all, both teams could’ve won had things gone differently. Let’s have a look at some of your comments during the game to demonstrate my point...

- you liked this one

If we can get a point playing so badly and having the wrong tactics and all this, then we've done alright out of it.

You're still not getting it, and throwing in random points that I made during the game still doesn't detract from the fact that our tactics were overly negative and we didn't react quick enough.

Also, why are you saying taking Walker off and bringing Biamou on would be what I would have done? You're making things up.

I also didn't say we didn't have chances. I didn't say they didn't have chances either. The fact is had we been more positive we could be looking at 3 points. Not just scraping the 1 that we did get. The game is dynamic, things change. As it happens we were extremely lucky not to lose.

I'm bemused at how you can say the management in this game was good. You must be one of very few people to hold that view.

Were you relaxed on 89 minutes because you knew we would score? Do you think if we carry on and manage games like we did on Tuesday that we will win the next few matches?

Astute

You're still not getting it, and throwing in random points that I made during the game still doesn't detract from the fact that our tactics were overly negative and we didn't react quick enough.

Also, why are you saying taking Walker off and bringing Biamou on would be what I would have done? You're making things up.

I also didn't say we didn't have chances. I didn't say they didn't have chances either. The fact is had we been more positive we could be looking at 3 points. Not just scraping the 1 that we did get. The game is dynamic, things change. As it happens we were extremely lucky not to lose.

I'm bemused at how you can say the management in this game was good. You must be one of very few people to hold that view.

Were you relaxed on 89 minutes because you knew we would score? Do you think if we carry on and manage games like we did on Tuesday that we will win the next few matches?
Facts?

Yes we could have got 3 points. But could doesn't mean would. If we had attacked more they would have had more chances. And what has been the result most of the time when we have attacked more....

Mucca Mad Boys

Take us through a play by play of who you would have taken off and when?

You made comments about Walker, Shipley and McCallum. I assume you would have taken them off. For who?

The tactics were negative, but by your own activity on the thread, you believe we should’ve been 2-0 up. I agree on this point, but you can believe this point, and also believe the tactics were abysmal, and so on.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Take us through a play by play of who you would have taken off and when?

You made comments about Walker, Shipley and McCallum. I assume you would have taken them off. For who?

The tactics were negative, but by your own activity on the thread, you believe we should’ve been 2-0 up. I agree on this point, but you can believe this point, and also believe the tactics were abysmal, and so on.

2-0 at one stage yes. The game is dynamic and changes. It is not a simulation.

In the second half you could tell we were looking weaker and weaker. Shipley should have been taken off because he was more of a burden than anything else and I would have brought Sheaf on. I would also have gone two up front and put Biamou on. I wouldn't have taken Walker off because he is still a good goal threat. I would also not have brought on Jobello, who is just back from injury and expecting him to change the game is unfair. I would have done this on or before 60 minutes. Why? Because you could see what was going to happen.

We looked worse and worse and then when they scored. I don't think anyone (apart from maybe you) didn't see it coming. Tell me why you think they weren't going to score, and why you think it was ok not to change it until as late as we did, and then as stupidly as we did. You are letting a good goal from Hamer con you into thinking that we got it right. In reality, we got away it it.

wingy

Why bother it’s pointless. Fact is we’ve stopped a big rot that was developing and that’s that
I think that's entirely it tbf and it is worth bothering as the points are valid from BSB etc , the main reason Robins has likely gone this way for now was the rot ,the player's confidence was no doubt evaporating.
He is also generally loathe to make changes either proactively or at the point when the tide turns,most fans see/sense that stage in a game.

Brighton Sky Blue

I think that's entirely it tbf and it is worth bothering as the points are valid from BSB etc , the main reason Robins has likely gone this way for now was the rot ,the player's confidence was no doubt evaporating.
He is also generally loathe to make changes either proactively or at the point when the tide turns,most fans see/sense that stage in a game.

Nobody was happy with us conceding loads of goals. We just disagreed on what the main factors behind them were. My view and that of others as well was that we ought to have worked more on cutting out individual mistakes and improving our set piece defending. If we wanted a flat back 4 we could still have gone 4-4-2 or even a diamond to keep Walker with a partner up front. The lone striker just doesn't work for me.

cc84cov

Nobody was happy with us conceding loads of goals. We just disagreed on what the main factors behind them were. My view and that of others as well was that we ought to have worked more on cutting out individual mistakes and improving our set piece defending. If we wanted a flat back 4 we could still have gone 4-4-2 or even a diamond to keep Walker with a partner up front. The lone striker just doesn't work for me.
2 up front for me all day carries so much more intent

Liquid Gold

Yes, and we’ve improved our results from the international break too. So if it’s an overreaction, clearly it’s a good one.

I agree our personnel doesn’t best suit 4-5-1/4-2-3-1 but the results don’t lie.

When Matty Godden returns, there’s a case to potentially play 5-3-2, without him, the case is pretty weak because Biamou nor Baka are really impactful enough as starters.
lol

Users who are viewing this thread