Match Thread Coventry City - Preston North End FC Match Thread - Friday 23rd Feb (1 Viewer)

Matt smith

Mark robins needs to work out how to play this style when teams press us high

we can’t cope with it

That’s where we really miss sheaf

Otis

West brom will honestly batter us
Based on tonight, yes. Do you really think we will play so badly again next week though?

Why does one awful performance automatically spill over into two absolutely awful performances?

I reckon we will play much better next week. Not saying we are going to win or anything, but I think we will play a lot better than that for sure

shmmeee

Robins calling them shithouses. Grendel and the boys need to have a word, doesn’t he know they’re a beautiful footballing side.

EalingSB

Robins: ‘It’s as bad as it’s been for years, even worse than Stoke. Game got away from us from the start. Need to defend it better. They ran harder, fought harder and did the dirty side of the game better than anyone who’s been here. No pride. Looked like a team who were scared stiff. Lots of poor decisions and difficult to pull bones out of. Can’t feel sorry for ourselves as have a game on Monday. ‘

‘Difficult to make changes wi the injuries. Torp couldn’t play a full game. Manner of the defeat was atrocious and we deserve nothing. Got a proper doing. Need to take criticism on chin, stick chest out.’

On Tats: ‘Not a good injury at all. Got up high and landed on his back and hip. Don’t want to speculate but it’s a bad injury. Was more like a rugby game and like the physicality of games when I used to play. Didn’t anticipate it being as bad as that. He’s in hospital now and we’re waiting for news.’

‘We’ve been bullied today and that can’t happen again. That was miles away from any game we’ve played for years. Can’t play like that against West Brom.’

hamertime

Supporters have every right to be annoyed at that performance
That’s why we’ve always been shit. The players will now know when the going gets tuff, the fans get going. People lapping it up the last few years of success but couldn’t just sit and take it, have to vent their fury. Fucking embarrassing fans.

pusbccfc

Fucking shocking refereeing decision btw. He didn't even fucking give a free kick for that. Just as bad as the Allen one.

mark82

That’s why we’ve always been shit. The players will now know when the going gets tuff, the fans get going. People lapping it up the last few years of success but couldn’t just sit and take it, have to vent their fury. Fucking embarrassing fans.
Same as any fan base. Watch any game where teams are beaten comfortably and the stands empty. Let's not blow it out of proportion, been one of the best supported teams in the league all season.

Nick

Administrator
Robins: ‘It’s as bad as it’s been for years, even worse than Stoke. Game got away from us from the start. Need to defend it better. They ran harder, fought harder and done the dirty side of the game better than anyone who’s been here. No pride. Looked like a team who were scared stiff. Lots of poor decisions and difficult to pull bones out of. Can’t feel sorry for ourselves as have a game on Monday. ‘

‘Difficult to make changes wi the injuries. Torp couldn’t play a full game. Manner of the defeat was atrocious and we deserve nothing. Got a proper doing. Need to take criticism on chin, stick chest out.’

On Tats: ‘Not a good injury at all. Got up high and landed on his back and hip. Don’t want to speculate but it’s a bad injury. Was more like a rugby game and like the physicality of games when I used to play. Didn’t anticipate it being as bad as that. He’s in hospital now and we’re waiting for news.’

So why the fuck did he start dasilva rather than Bidwell??

Bizarre

Ashdown

Perspective needed, this was last years Stoke at home. The real worry is the amount of injured and allegedly fatigued players.
Robins is trying to juggle a thin squad and it’s not easy with some key players out.
Wilson is not Collins
Dasilva is not Bidwell
Binks is not Kitching
Thomas just had a mare
Eccles is not Sheaf
Latí ….was he playing ?
The strikers created fuck all and scored even less!
We actually need the cup game to try and restore some confidence now !

hamertime

We were 3-0 down after 30 mins you cretin what do you expect? I don’t get this “stay til the end no matter what” mentality. Fuck off. If the players on the pitch can’t be arsed why should I. I’m sure they’ll get over the ground being empty at full time when they pick up their pay check next week. Fucking idiot.

I was back in the pub by half time.
Fuck you ya little weasel. Bet you was in the bar 3-0 down saying you wanna go the pub then back to your council house to shag your Nan.

JPG77

surgery will be required. hell be out for 6 months. pelvis

I’m not sure you can ‘shatter’ your pelvis from a fall, unless you are very old and have osteoporosis. It may be cracked or have a fracture somewhere. It did look bad
It did look bad but I strongly dispute a fractured pelvis, how would they know so quickly, it took long enough to scan Torp so I highly doubt any diagnosis on Saka this quickly.

Brighton Sky Blue

It’s often been said that it was a matter of time before Sakamoto got hurt. Well now it’s come to fruition pretty quickly.

Must be that ‘excellent’ opposition quality

Nick

Administrator
Perspective needed, this was last years Stoke at home. The real worry is the amount of injured and allegedly fatigued players.
Robins is trying to juggle a thin squad and it’s not easy with some key players out.
Wilson is not Collins
Dasilva is not Bidwell
Binks is not Kitching
Thomas just had a mare
Eccles is not Sheaf
Latí ….was he playing ?
The strikers created fuck all and scored even less!
We actually need the cup game to try and restore some confidence now !

Kitching, Bidwell and Collins aren't out. They were on the bench.

Kitching is hardly fatigued, he's had a 2 game ban.

Evo1883

It’s often been said that it was a matter of time before Sakamoto got hurt. Well now it’s come to fruition pretty quickly.

Must be that ‘excellent’ opposition quality
If I was Robins I'd be writing to the FA in regards to the lack of in game protection from officials we've had this season and question why it's a continuing thing

hamertime

Same as any fan base. Watch any game where teams are beaten comfortably and the stands empty. Let's not blow it out of proportion, been one of the best supported teams in the league all season.
When the going gets tough cov fans get going. To let players walk round the pitch with empty stands after the performances they have give us this season is a disgrace.

Astute

we can’t cope with it

The best way to counter it is to play it over the top of their players to our strikers. Couple of problems with it thought.

1 Our strikers don't have the best 1st touch

2 We brought every player back for every set piece.

Briles

we can’t cope with it

Got away with it last year because we pinged into the channels to gyok

Users who are viewing this thread