Match Thread Coventry City - Preston North End FC Match Thread - Friday 23rd Feb (6 Viewers)

fernandopartridge

It did look bad but I strongly dispute a fractured pelvis, how would they know so quickly, it took long enough to scan Torp so I highly doubt any diagnosis on Saka this quickly.
One is clearly an emergency case mind you so likely it'll have been diagnosed quicker, not necessarily this quick mind you

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

CCFCSteve

What do people expect? Doug didn’t back Robins in January. He got a player on the cheap for next year and the vast majority on here were supporting it. The problem now is Robins will be in demand as a manager and disillusioned here, big mistake in the January window. The team is weak mentally, getting rid of Mcfadzean was a mistake he was the only leader. I said this team lacked experience and people said it didn’t, today was shambolic and this season will fold now. The support today was an embarrassment, i clapped them off must of been a few hundred left. People need to have a word with themselves if this is how they back players. Milan was walking around the ground it was empty.

Im not having us blaming it all on lack of depth . Kitching and Bidwell haven’t played much recently and Collins is fit. All should’ve started

Robins picked totally the wrong back line for this opposition (and many others)

Agree about sone of the ‘support’ though. The phones in particular. Pathetic

Ps getting three centre mids injured at same time is just unlucky as well

pusbccfc

Referee has to wave on them on. Its the rules. Still why not use offensive language to them anyway hey?

They probably did. The referee didn't have a clue all night. He gave them a free kick because their coach kicked off and then decided to book him.

Brighton Sky Blue

If I was Robins I'd be writing to the FA in regards to the lack of in game protection from officials we've had this season and question why it's a continuing thing
Jamie Allen put in hospital with a broken face
Sakamoto elbowed in the face and now also probably hospitalised

Only one of the above will get a punishment. Incredible how it wasn’t even deemed a foul tonight. Genuinely staggered by that.

ProfessorbyGrace

That’s pretty obvious from that fall and impact. I just hope it isn’t career ending.
Usually pelvic injuries, in younger people, are synonymous with crush injuries or particularly high falls.

I’d be genuinely astonished if it’s a pelvic injury.

More than likely, he’s jarred a disc or torn a back muscle; the latter, having done something similar myself at 23 playing football (having been basically rammed in the back whilst going up for a header), is quite excruciating.

Hopefully, this is the case, and he hasn’t done anything more serious.

shmmeee

None have been anywhere near that bad as tonight.

They have. Collins and Kitching has been poor recently. Bidwell too. Bidwell I thought was crap today TBH despite the clamour for him. But they were all crap. It’s not the left backs and centre backs that arent the issue tho, it’s the complete lack of a CM who can pass the ball.

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

While the physios were hesitating on the touchline like a pair of retards. Despite 4 players waving them over.

Just saying, don't they have to wait until the referee says okay to come on.

hamertime

Apart from the 2 centre backs we are weak as piss all over the pitch and teams have found us out all they need to do is be physical it’s embarrassing. We haven’t got a yellow card in us.

Brighton Sky Blue

They have. Collins and Kitching has been poor recently. Bidwell too. Bidwell I thought was crap today TBH despite the clamour for him. But they were all crap. It’s not the left backs and centre backs that arent the issue tho, it’s the complete lack of a CM who can pass the ball.
The lack of a CM doesn’t account for any of those goals. Especially giving them away from corners inside a minute.

CCFCSteve

We gave them two goals from blatant defensive fuck ups….and third wasn’t much better

theferret

That’s why we’ve always been shit. The players will now know when the going gets tuff, the fans get going. People lapping it up the last few years of success but couldn’t just sit and take it, have to vent their fury. Fucking embarrassing fans.

Oh stop being a drama queen. Robins himself said it was an atrocious performance, the worst in years. We could all see that. There isn't a football ground in the country that wouldn't have emptied at 80 minutes tonight Leaving at half time is weird I admit, but the vast majority stayed the back them until last 10.

Bizarre that after a performance like that, with a very honest appraisal from the manager, your absolute first instinct is to have a pop at the fans.

long way home

Will have to see what Tats issue is, but that is the one thing we could of done without tonight. Lose a game you can make it up, to lose a player in a small squad is not going to be easy to replace

The players now need to step up and start to show fight and pick themselves up. We still need to push hard to get as many points as we can, my opinion we mm ay fall a little short but to finish strong is important.

shmmeee

The lack of a CM doesn’t account for any of those goals. Especially giving them away from corners inside a minute.

It accounts for everything. Since Torp went off last game we’ve gone straight back to the turgid shite from the startschot the year and that’s why everyone looks shit because the defence have no options and everything comes back or they get caught on the ball.

Fucking Wilson can piss off tho. Genuinely would be better without him at all. Makes the whole team nervous.

Users who are viewing this thread