Match Thread ⚽️ Middlesbrough vs Coventry City Match Thread - Monday 8th May (2 Viewers)

Astute

An early goal for boro must be avoided
Of course.

But only 1 defeat in the last 16 games shows we can overcome whatever happens. 1-0 down? Put Wilson up front 😁

On a serious note can't see Millwall winning. I prefer playing Middlesbrough with nothing to play for than Blackburn who know they have to win to have a chance.

Astute

Fun random fact, Middlesbrough were the first team we faced in the season we got relegated from the prem. hopefully they’re the last team in the season we get promoted 👀👀
Second random fact.

Middlesbrough were the second win of the season for us after Sheffield United 😄

SkyBlueSoul

A belting hangover has made me come over all philosophical. Pressure is a privilege as the saying goes, we've just got to enjoy the fact we've been given the chance to feel these nerves. I also feel lucky to be one of a couple of thousand who potentially get to say I was there when we made the play offs and even if we don't, I can applaud the players for the last time of what has been a remarkable season.

Robinshio

If we lose we can’t collapse. Even a 2-0 defeat maybe ok but any more and we become more catchable

Astute

I can see both of them winning their games.
Preston 4 wins 3 draws last 7 home games. Millwall home to Blackburn who have to win to have a chance of the playoffs. Blackburn are the best side out of the two. Odds are their luck will change.

Adge

The old Cliche of first goal is important has never rang more true than in this game. Get the first and the nerves should just about hold 😁
Again it’s a game for experienced old heads-Fadz-Bidwell-Kelly et al.

Speedie's Head

The old Cliche of first goal is important has never rang more true than in this game. Get the first and the nerves should just about hold 😁
Again it’s a game for experienced old heads-Fadz-Bidwell-Kelly et al.
And no injuries! They'll be out to kick lumps out of Vik and Gus.

Adge

My glass is a bit fuller now. Really do hope we can do it and not have to rely on others
Yep-if we do it I hope it’s not by default or well never hear the end of it from some quarters.

covcity4life

Muthafuckas I worked it out!!
10 things i hate about you GIF by Eric

Happy_Martian

Okay, I'm ready.

I've got bets on Akpom, Archer, Ramsey, Crooks to score, Boro to win, score a pen and generally run the rule over us *. I'm feeling positively negative about the game tomorrow :)

To all going tomorrow, safe journey and have a great time. Bring back 1 point at least. If it's all 3, we don't mind ;)

* Note to anyone not following my luck with betting or general predictions. Don't moan at me for this post - I am officially crap and anything I pick rarely if ever comes up as a winner. Bets against City are intended to bring good luck to them in a reverse psychology manner.

Sky Blue Harry H

Okay, I'm ready.

I've got bets on Akpom, Archer, Ramsey, Crooks to score, Boro to win, score a pen and generally run the rule over us *. I'm feeling positively negative about the game tomorrow :)

To all going tomorrow, safe journey and have a great time. Bring back 1 point at least. If it's all 3, we don't mind ;)

* Note to anyone not following my luck with betting or general predictions. Don't moan at me for this post - I am officially crap and anything I pick rarely if ever comes up as a winner. Bets against City are intended to bring good luck to them in a reverse psychology manner.

Ramsey's been ruled out for the rest of the season (allegedly) so that's one down!

Last edited:

JAM See

We will lose tomorrow.
Blackburn will win tomorrow.
Sunderland will win tomorrow.

We will beat Luton in the play-offs.
Middlesbrough will beat Sunderland in the play-offs.

We will beat Middlesbrough at Wembley.

hamil99

Facebook User
From bottom of the table after 7 games and no wins to where we are is just an incredible achievement. I was praying we would somehow stay up in October!

Looking back at the season now, we've had new ownership, mid term stadium deal sorted, biggest league attendance at the CBS arena, a possible play offs and a best ever finish in the championship since we went down from the prem in 2001.

It's been an incredible season no matter the end result now. Robins is our one true king! 👑

My old man keeps saying that to me, that no matter what happens tomorrow it's been a brilliant season and he's happy.

I wish I was of a similar deposition as right now I'm nervous as fuck and wondering how I'll sleep tonight 😂😂

Users who are viewing this thread