Match Thread ⚽️ Middlesbrough vs Coventry City Match Thread - Monday 8th May (5 Viewers)

Danceswithhorses

Lets hope our game is as entertaining as Queens Park Vs Dundee in Scottish Championship title decider.
3-3 at HT...currently 3-4 in favour of Dundee after 63 mins

SkyBlueSoul

I’m just calmly excited atm, it’s almost like my brain can’t process how big a game it is so I’m not nervous (will definitely change by 3pm Monday). In all the talk of how good other teams are you can kind of forget that we’re actually a very good side on our day.

Players will have had a decent rest and have the Blues crowd ringing in their ears still, I think we’ll be fine.

Covcraig@bury

I’m just calmly excited atm, it’s almost like my brain can’t process how big a game it is so I’m not nervous (will definitely change by 3pm Monday). In all the talk of how good other teams are you can kind of forget that we’re actually a very good side on our day.

Players will have had a decent rest and have the Blues crowd ringing in their ears still, I think we’ll be fine.
Hope your right 🙏🙏🙏

Brighton Sky Blue

2 years ago the team went to Rotherham with most of the fan base shitting itself at home. They put in a fine performance indeed and got 3 points.

fernandopartridge

We're in a period where the relative importance of each game has grown exponentially, it's only going to get worse (better) if results go our way.

Kingokings204

We are all but there. I don’t see it as a lose now regardless. We were bottom in October this is all a bonus and we shouldn’t be anywhere near playoffs is the truth. Let’s embrace it if we fail monday or fail in the playoffs so what but we might win the damn thing. It’s a free hit now as far as I’m concerned.

shmmeee

We're in a period where the relative importance of each game has grown exponentially, it's only going to get worse (better) if results go our way.

Strangely I’m less nervous about a potential final than the next two games. Not sure that would last but still…

robbiethemole

Not so much a 'must win', more a ffs don't lose. Robins will have them totally focused and grounded and I'm sure Mcfadz is a level headed bloke, except on a fan's bus hahahahahaha

Astute

Other teams fans and pundits are very confident wish I was
If we had to win and hope for the best like the teams below 6th then I wouldn't be confident. But only 1 defeat in the last 16 games should give you a little bit of confidence considering we only need a point.

blunted

Downer post. Our record away against the top teams is rubbish, great against the lower half teams. Probably can't count Milwall away, as that was due to special circumstances (Moore's poor form). We were outplayed at Sheff Utd and West Brom, played Sunderland before they had settled down. Blackburn we got lucky when Wilson wanged it into the net with his penis from 7 inches. Only the first half against Burnley was a good performance but we still lost. That said, it depends on how much Middlesborough are up for it. If they play some squad players, they may be trying like crazy to earn a place. I have everything crossed and hope our away form against the lesser teams can be brought into this game. This is a cup final, lets hope there are 3 more after this match.

clint van damme

Downer post. Our record away against the top teams is rubbish, great against the lower half teams. Probably can't count Milwall away, as that was due to special circumstances (Moore's poor form). We were outplayed at Sheff Utd and West Brom, played Sunderland before they had settled down. Blackburn we got lucky when Wilson wanged it into the net with his penis from 7 inches. Only the first half against Burnley was a good performance but we still lost. That said, it depends on how much Middlesborough are up for it. If they play some squad players, they may be trying like crazy to earn a place. I have everything crossed and hope our away form against the lesser teams can be brought into this game. This is a cup final, lets hope there are 3 more after this match.

Think their form over the last few months suggests the Swansea result was a very decent point and clean sheet, but yeah, in general, you're right, not great against the top teams away, and by top, I'm referring to top half.

Users who are viewing this thread