Well Done Leicester (2 Viewers)

TomRad85

Likewise. People can say 'yeah but you'd swap places', my point is the English game shouldn't require a filthy rich tycoon for you to be competitive
We're too far down the rabbit hole, there's no turning back.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Evo1883

Likewise. People can say 'yeah but you'd swap places', my point is the English game shouldn't require a filthy rich tycoon for you to be competitive

Their social media timelines are full of fans who will never go to games , or Manchester , crowding out the fans who've been with them for years and years .

Like leicesters timeline today , looked for somebody from Leicester , found a couple after searching a few minutes

TomRad85

I'd hate our club to become what Man City is tbh. I know it's easy to say but they just seem so soulless now.
Obviously I'd like us to be considerably better than we are now, but not that.

Brighton Sky Blue

Their social media timelines are full of fans who will never go to games , or Manchester , crowding out the fans who've been with them for years and years .

Like leicesters timeline today , looked for somebody from Leicester , found a couple after searching a few minutes

I know a Manc pensioner who's supported them his whole life, but good luck to him affording a ticket

Covstu

Fuck Leicester and fuck this love in that the country has for them. most gimmicky club going.
City, Chelsea get a lot of shit but people forget who these fuckers dodged any punishment for going into administration.

shit scrappy game today and VAR decision was bullshit and again another example of a ’correct’ decision ruining the game. Sanitising the game and taking out all of the key talking points of games. How may key events would VAR wiped out.? 66 final, maradona, Henry handball etc although they would have been right it’s what we love about the game even when it’s against you

Brighton Sky Blue

Fuck Leicester and fuck this love in that the country has for them. most gimmicky club going.
City, Chelsea get a lot of shit but people forget who these fuckers dodged any punishment for going into administration.

shit scrappy game today and VAR decision was bullshit and again another example of a ’correct’ decision ruining the game. Sanitising the game and taking out all of the key talking points of games. How may key events would VAR wiped out.? 66 final, maradona, Henry handball etc although they would have been right it’s what we love about the game even when it’s against you

66 would have been settled by goalline tech not VAR but get your general point

fernandopartridge

The way I look at us as a club is that we manufacture rivalries of convenience. In the 90s it was villa because we were the only 2 Midlands teams in the prem.

In the 00s us and Leicester again fit together because we’re close and Forest we’re preoccupied with Derby.

In recent times we’ve moved to Sunderland (despite my protestations) because they’re convenient and irrationally dislike us.

We seem to just gravitate to false rivalries because our natural local rivals Nuneaton will never amount to anything
We had a rivalry with Leicester well before the 00s you clown

skyblue1991

To be fair I was absolutely gutted we lost to Brum on penalties last season on the FA Cup replay and would've loved a game against Leicester

You only had to look on their forum for their posts during the game to see the feeling was mutual

Sent from my I3113 using Tapatalk

Tommo1993

To be fair I was absolutely gutted we lost to Brum on penalties last season on the FA Cup replay and would've loved a game against Leicester

You only had to look on their forum for their posts during the game to see the feeling was mutual

Sent from my I3113 using Tapatalk

The inevitable Leicester goal fest was a mouthwatering prospect tbf.

Flying Fokker

I guess we are not talking Northampton or Birmingham scenarios here?

Flying Fokker

It doesn't help that a fair few media leeches work for the BBC and support Leicester. But, there was a similar, watered-down affection for The Sky Blues when we won the F.A.Cup.

We have been on a different timeline of course. Fat cats took over the Prem and we'd have been one of them if we were around, but that is another story. SISU had a different tack on how to run the club. No rapport with the fans, no parameters as to how low they would take us and how many fans they would alienate on the way.

Sick Boy

It doesn't help that a fair few media leeches work for the BBC and support Leicester. But, there was a similar, watered-down affection for The Sky Blues when we won the F.A.Cup.

We have been on a different timeline of course. Fat cats took over the Prem and we'd have been one of them if we were around, but that is another story. SISU had a different tack on how to run the club. No rapport with the fans, no parameters as to how low they would take us and how many fans they would alienate on the way.
Funnily enough, at the time of the takeover, our more clueless fans were going on about how good it was that SISU were ‘hard-nosed business people’.

D

Deleted member 4439

id swap though as would you

I'm sure I'm in the minority but whilst there'd be some fun parts I think I'd be a bit non-plussed about it. The rise of distinctly average clubs like Leicester, Chelsea, Brighton, Bournemouth, Man city etc has just left me disinterested in the PL, and if we we up there with a big owner I'd just feel like I was part of a fraud. I appreciate that most will probably feel differently.

SIR ERNIE

Thing is the problem with VAR is, you’re either offside if you’re not. There’s no grey area

VAR is a total nonsense when applied to marginal offside decisions like yesterdays.

If you're going rule out a goal based on a players position down to a hairs width then you need to apply the same degree of scrutiny to the precise nanosecond the ball is played by the passer. Currently someone at Stockley Park decides on the moment the lines should be drawn and that's the end of it.

VAR and the way it's applied is utter crap.

RegTheDonk

Can't knock them for how they've sorted themselves out over the last few years. If it were us, we'd be buzzing.

With the media and the country spunking over PL and CL it's a pretty diluted competition these days. I guess we won it when it actually meant something.

D

Deleted member 4439

Can't knock them for how they've sorted themselves out over the last few years. If it were us, we'd be buzzing.

With the media and the country spunking over PL and CL it's a pretty diluted competition these days. I guess we won it when it actually meant something.

They sorted themselves out by having a rich owner and breaking the ffp rules when spending £161m in their promotion year, and got away with it. All seems pretty hollow to me, and I'd feel the same way if it was City in their place.

Last edited by a moderator:

Liquid Gold

It's so cringe when glory fans from overseas start chipping in on social media posts and such. I don't know if thats PC or not... don't really care. Support a local team in your own country.

Same when our fans fawn over that Norwegian guy with his "Scandinavian Sky Blues" flag. He should support his own team too.

Users who are viewing this thread