Well Done Leicester (3 Viewers)

Evo1883

Irrelevant to whom, certainly neither set of fans whenever we play

To be fair he's quite young still .

Coventry Leicester was a nightmare fixture for years .
If we ever got back to the top flight I doubt he'd say it was irrelevant
That 2-2 draw in 2010 was horrible afterwards for us getting back onto the m69 , fuckers came after cars stuck in traffic on the 1 way road out

Brighton Sky Blue

To be fair he's quite young still .

Coventry Leicester was a nightmare fixture for years .
If we ever got back to the top flight I doubt he'd say it was irrelevant.

I'm hopeful in around the 70 more years I might squeeze on this planet we'll make it back at some point.

TM8792

Congratulations Leicester. I don’t buy this manufactured rivalry and always want them to do well if it’s at the expense of the ‘Big 4/6’.

Fully deserved. What a goal to win it too

Ccfcisparks

I’ve only ever seen us play Leicester once at the Ricoh but you’re right I would have been about 12 or so. Not being from Cov also probably plays a part of not seeing the rivalry. I have more dislike for Wolves if anything.

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

Leicester must have no rivals now given that you can't be rivals with teams in other leagues. Cov, Derby, Forest. They're rivals with Man Utd now I heard.
They’re an East Midlands side. They’re Rivals with Forest and Derby, both of which have arguments as to why they’re better.

we’re a mongrel side with Nuneaton as our rivals. Nobody in the West Midlands gives a shit about us

Evo1883

I’ve only ever seen us play Leicester once at the Ricoh but you’re right I would have been about 12 or so. Not being from Cov also probably plays a part of not seeing the rivalry. I have more dislike for Wolves if anything.

Coventry wolves rivalry was quite big in the 70s

Brighton Sky Blue

We were in the top flight till I was 11, so I grew up with it being Villa initially then switching to Lesta in the Championship years. First as they got their stadium for nothing, then got Milan Mandaric bailing them out of League 1, then the Thai billionaires writing blank cheques every year till they went up again.

Sounds childish, but 'it isn't fair'

Evo1883

They’re an East Midlands side. They’re Rivals with Forest and Derby, both of which have arguments as to why they’re better.

we’re a mongrel side with Nuneaton as our rivals. Nobody in the West Midlands gives a shit about us

We're closer to Leicester than Derby are to Leicester , this isn't true at all, they hate us

Evo1883

One of my mates is a Leicester season ticket holder. He didn’t realise we’d been promoted until we signed Matty James

Right so in 2019 on their forum Screenshot_20210515-203828_Chrome.jpg

Further down the poll are a list of all the big prem clubs , yet Coventry still come 2nd despite not playing eachother for 7 years at the time .

Leicester hate coventry ..this is a fact
We may be second to forest but that's a historical rivalry far deeper than ours

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

Right so in 2019 on their forum View attachment 20100

Further down the poll are a list of all the big prem clubs , yet Coventry still come 2nd despite not playing eachother for 7 years at the time .

Leicester hate coventry ..this is a fact
We may be second to forest but that's a historical rivalry far deeper than ours
16% dislike us. I’d imagine 16% of our fanbase dislike Sunderland. Doesn’t make it a rivalry

SeaSeeEffCee

Not really that arsed about Leicester these days tbh, feels like a rivalry that mainly exists in Hinckley, Burbage, Nuneaton etc. where you get a bit a mix of the two sets of fans. Can't say I personally know a single Leicester fans and feel a lot more animosity towards Liverpool and United due to most lads growing up around me supporting them for the glory instead of supporting Cov, their home town team.

Grendel

We were in the top flight till I was 11, so I grew up with it being Villa initially then switching to Lesta in the Championship years. First as they got their stadium for nothing, then got Milan Mandaric bailing them out of League 1, then the Thai billionaires writing blank cheques every year till they went up again.

Sounds childish, but 'it isn't fair'

id swap though as would you

Evo1883

16% dislike us. I’d imagine 16% of our fanbase dislike Sunderland. Doesn’t make it a rivalry

No 16 % see us as their main rivals..but more importantly for you , more see us as a main rival than Derby.
Their fans on the whole generally dislike us , they dislike forest more

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

The way I look at us as a club is that we manufacture rivalries of convenience. In the 90s it was villa because we were the only 2 Midlands teams in the prem.

In the 00s us and Leicester again fit together because we’re close and Forest we’re preoccupied with Derby.

In recent times we’ve moved to Sunderland (despite my protestations) because they’re convenient and irrationally dislike us.

We seem to just gravitate to false rivalries because our natural local rivals Nuneaton will never amount to anything

Evo1883

The way I look at us as a club is that we manufacture rivalries of convenience. In the 90s it was villa because we were the only 2 Midlands teams in the prem.

In the 00s us and Leicester again fit together because we’re close and Forest we’re preoccupied with Derby.

In recent times we’ve moved to Sunderland (despite my protestations) because they’re convenient and irrationally dislike us.

We seem to just gravitate to false rivalries because our natural local rivals Nuneaton will never amount to anything

So that's the same with Leicester then .

They aren't in the same league as any of their natural rivals

Evo1883

I think I hate Wolves more than Leicester

Sent from my I3113 using Tapatalk

I don't understand that tbh .. I get my old man disliking wolves but I can't understand yourself disliking wolves if you were born in 91

Evo1883

No but they’ve now moved up to a stage where they’re at least on an equal footing to Forest

I'm not sure what trophies won has to do with rivalries , or teams hating eachother ? Every single rivalry In football is down to location pretty much

I doubt pompey and Southampton hate eachother because of trophies

Besides forest have 2 European cups , Leicester will never have that

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

I'm not sure what trophies won has to do with rivalries , or teams hating eachother ? Every single rivalry In football is down to location

Besides forest have 2 European cups , Leicester will never have that
No but they’ve been champions and have won it more recent than Forest. That’s some clout. Not quite European champions but our solitary FA Cup doesn’t quite stack up to Leicester’s achievements

Ultimately we were similar size clubs. They’ve moved up a level.

Evo1883

No but they’ve been champions and have won it more recent than Forest. That’s some clout. Not quite European champions but our solitary FA Cup doesn’t quite stack up to Leicester’s achievements

I'm still not understanding why a trophy won would make teams hate eachother ?
Leicester won the premier league recently but still find time to dislike coventry forest and Derby.
None of these clubs have won anything for years and years

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

I'm still not understanding why a trophy won would make teams hate eachother ?
Leicester won the premier league recently but still find time to dislike coventry forest and Derby.
None of these clubs have won anything for years and years
I find that the Leicester rivalry came about because we were similar size clubs. It’s a mid 2000s rivalry because we had no others

There’s no historical element to it. We’re no longer similar sized. There’s literally no reason to dislike them, and there’s no reason for them to consider us rivals

Users who are viewing this thread