Well Done Leicester (3 Viewers)

wantageskyblue

I first starting watching us regularly in 77/78 with my best mate from school and his dad, travelling all over the country following the Sky Blues.

My mate is on the coaching staff at Leicester (1st team) and has been since 1996. He’s a Leicester fan now which is understandable I suppose but still has a soft spot for us. I’m really pleased for him and the players and staff but as for their fans.

What a bunch of tossers not just because of the violence of the past but also because whenever I have had the misfortune to sit amongst them watching us they talk utter shite. When O’Neill was manager you’d think they were watching the 1970 Brazil team every week. I accept that they are a good team now but it’s taken them years and billionaire owners to get there.

Covstu

It doesn't help that a fair few media leeches work for the BBC and support Leicester. But, there was a similar, watered-down affection for The Sky Blues when we won the F.A.Cup.

We have been on a different timeline of course. Fat cats took over the Prem and we'd have been one of them if we were around, but that is another story. SISU had a different tack on how to run the club. No rapport with the fans, no parameters as to how low they would take us and how many fans they would alienate on the way.
Indeed albeit I think our short lived media live in would be more akin to Wigan in that we were both massive underdogs. Leicester I thought could have won that game so the fact that they were classed as underdogs was nonsense. They do have Fantastic owners albeit owners who had a clear page to grow the club with no baggage unlike most new owners these days (look at Derby at the moment). Every club would love owners who engage with the fans at this level. Ours blew that at the start and will never be fully trusted regardless of what they do now

fernandopartridge

I first starting watching us regularly in 77/78 with my best mate from school and his dad, travelling all over the country following the Sky Blues.

My mate is on the coaching staff at Leicester (1st team) and has been since 1996. He’s a Leicester fan now which is understandable I suppose but still has a soft spot for us. I’m really pleased for him and the players and staff but as for their fans.

What a bunch of tossers not just because of the violence of the past but also because whenever I have had the misfortune to sit amongst them watching us they talk utter shite. When O’Neill was manager you’d think they were watching the 1970 Brazil team every week. I accept that they are a good team now but it’s taken them years and billionaire owners to get there.
That O'Neill side made Boothroyd's approach look like tiki taka

wingy

The handball before goal was as well. It's a shit rule but if it hits a hand in the build up to the goal the laws say it's no goal.
For how long has accidentally handling a ball been a free kick out of interest .
The offside was visible to the naked eye.
The games gone to shit with constant new interpretations.

David O'Day

For how long has accidentally handling a ball been a free kick out of interest .
The offside was visible to the naked eye.
The games gone to shit with constant new interpretations.

The rule that states if the ball touches a player from the goal scoring teams hand in the build up to the goal?

Start of the season, in it's current form. They have cut down the time period but as the ball touches his hand then falls to the player who scored it's by laws a handball.

hackneyfox

It didn't take long for hackneyfox to reappear when there was even a sniff that we might have a game. It's like going on to win the Euro millions but still stalking your ex
That’s because I despise anything to do with co*. Few good lads from Rugby but they’ll always be diagonals to me.

Good to see a few of the older ones still remember.

Bugsy

That’s because I despise anything to do with co*. Few good lads from Rugby but they’ll always be diagonals to me.

But yet u have signed up to a Coventry City forum. Makes sense... PUSB

Last edited:

clint van damme

Im a bit embarrassed that you've come on here and seen the rugbyfication of fotball.going on on this forum.
Then I remember some of the happyclappers I've seen at your games, its like fucking knot weed, its spreading everywhere.

Bugsy

I’ve probably been on this board longer than you, just that I forget about you unless you make the news.

Couldn't give a shit how long u secretly been supporting us... PUSB

David O'Day

Im a bit embarrassed that you've come on here and seen the rugbyfication of fotball.going on on this forum.
Then I remember some of the happyclappers I've seen at your games, its like fucking knot weed, its spreading everywhere.

OG plastic fans

hackneyfox

Nope it's still handball at all levels, still it's expected that a Leicester fan is thick as pigshit
It came off his thigh first so doesn’t count.
Perhaps you were too busy crying to hear the pundits say it wasn’t handball.
Anyway we had a great day out, made all the better knowing that you could no longer boast. What’s the highest you’ve been in the PL? 15th or so?

David O'Day

Anyway we had a great day out, made all the better knowing that you could no longer boast. What’s the highest you’ve been in the PL? 15th or so?

You really need to learn the rules kid, it doesn't matter if it's in the lead up to a goal.

David O'Day

Law 12

As the hand knocked the ball to the goal scorer law 12 says no goal

hackneyfox

You really need to learn the rules kid, it doesn't matter if it's in the lead up to a goal.
Yet nobody who commentates on the game called it as offside. I watched the highlights, they said VAR was right with both decisions.
It’s a good thing that it boils your piss, shows you care. x

David O'Day

Users who are viewing this thread