Wasps go to bottom of the pyramid (3 Viewers)

jordan210

Wasps website has been updated with a new address

They’ve moved to Begbroke Manor

Pretty sure that's a building that was conversed to flats. So isn't like a big fancy manor for training. literally some houses

Chris Holland EP&IC LIMITED is registered at a flat there

Terry Gibson's perm

Sounds like something you'd do on work experience. Wonder if they're actually paying or just felt sorry for him?

He’s probably just hanging around and they have no idea why.

Reminds me of Officer Doofy.

Last edited:

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

I always thought that kit man was a bellend, but I think he also must not be quite the full ticket based on some of these latest posts.

Assistant Kit Man? Sounds like a completely made up and pretend job role. Imagine 'Assistant Postman' or something like that, following the main guy up people's driveways and opening the letter box for them. What is this guy doing? Counting out the socks and making sure their aren't any odd pairs? Ridiculous.

napolimp

I always thought that kit man was a bellend, but I think he also must not be quite the full ticket based on some of these latest posts.

Assistant Kit Man? Sounds like a completely made up and pretend job role. Imagine 'Assistant Postman' or something like that, following the main guy up people's driveways and opening the letter box for them. What is this guy doing? Counting out the socks and making sure their aren't any odd pairs? Ridiculous.

He tears little squares of toilet paper off the roll, when Hogan goes for a shit.

Reactions: vow

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

Interesting piece on rugby's problems as a whole but also reinforces why Wasps Rugby dream was always going to fail
Rugby’s problem is that there’s dwindling interest in the sport. It will never be popular in schools whilst it’s up against Football.

the professional game will die

Ccfcsj

Rugby’s problem is that there’s dwindling interest in the sport. It will never be popular in schools whilst it’s up against Football.

I was forced to play rugby in school back in the 1980's - we weren't allowed to play football. I was always picked for the school rugby team because I was good at it even though I hated it. Because of this I have grown up to really dislike the game

tisza

Never taken a proper foothold in the North in the professional era. Just 2 teams that can only get gates of 6-7k. Just not a national game - it's regional much like Rugby League.

Brighton Sky Blue

Never taken a proper foothold in the North in the professional era. Just 2 teams that can only get gates of 6-7k. Just not a national game - it's regional much like Rugby League.
Well that's the crux of it really. Football embraced professionalism and became the national sport, the RFU rejected it in the name of elitism and effectively split the game two ways between two halves of the country.

Reactions: vow

tisza

Well that's the crux of it really. Football embraced professionalism and became the national sport, the RFU rejected it in the name of elitism and effectively split the game two ways between two halves of the country.
Also football used some of the money for better facilities and importantly pitches. We don't see months of quagmire pitches some of us grew watching games on.
English rugby threw money into wages and didn't develop the other parts so well. Also (my limited understanding) they haven't improved the onfield product - it's still a "slow" product concentrating on producing large athletes rather than a year faster skilled game - again pitches may contribute to that. Even the doddery elitist cricket authorities realised they had to produce more audience friendly products to survive. TV wasn't going to pay for the traditional slow domestic product.

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

I find the sports general elitest potshots at football and it’s fans doesn’t do it any favours.

Brighton Sky Blue

I find the sports general elitest potshots at football and it’s fans doesn’t do it any favours.
Mrs BSB went to see some friends of hers in Newcastle recently. She was wearing a CCFC shirt in the morning and one of them looked at it funny and went ‘I’m not judging you for the team, but the sport’ before going on to reel off the usual football stereotypes and how rugby is better.

Must be one of about 5 people in Newcastle who don’t like football

Gynnsthetonic

Wasps amateur Rugby Cub are still going and doing well, all old Waps rememeberbelia in the club house, they could be a phoenix club, seems like a lot of the Coventry Wasp fans won't be attending though

StrettoBoy

I love football, rugby and cricket and I really don't get why fans of one sport should slag off those who prefer different ones. Each to his own I say.

Slightly oddly, but I will explain why below, I support the Sky Blues at football, Warwickshire at cricket and Leicester Tigers at rugby. The first two are easily explained by the fact that I was born and raised in Coventry.

Why Leicester Tigers though? It is because the winter sport at my school was rugby, not football which wasn't played at all. I couldn't play rugby because I am very short-sighted and it is not a game you can easily play in spectacles so I came to hate it. We moved to Leicester in the late 1970s and a few years later joined St John Ambulance as volunteers. A few years after that Leicester Tigers became one of our regular duties and after a while I came to love the game, not as much as football but I do really like it.

My first loyalty is still to the Sky Blues :)

duffer

It's jealousy really

It's really not, and I thought we'd done all of this to death on another thread.

Lots of rugby fans (and as one myself I know a fair few of them), also enjoy football. A lot of Cov RFC fans also follow CCFC.

At the same time, like a lot of other football fans (also including me) they also get frustrated at the time wasting, diving, endless dissent etc. etc. that goes on around the game. You don't need to be a rugby fan to comment on it.

Whether one game is "better" than the other is strictly a matter of opinion.

Yes there's bigger participation and more money in football, but that's like saying that Kylie is "better" than Radiohead because she sold more records.

As for the "it's only a game for fat boys who couldn't play football", I'm not sure that makes sense either. There are a fair number of rugby players who made it to academy or youth team level at some pretty decent football clubs. That's way beyond most of us here, I suspect, and I know there are a few decent footballers hereabouts.

The brutal truth as I saw it at a sports-mad, all boys school, was that the lads that were really good at one sport, tended to be good at almost all of them, and for the rest of us it was just a matter of finding something that you enjoyed. I've never seen one as being "better" than another, except for cross-country which was obviously only enjoyed by masochistic lunatics. 😄

Users who are viewing this thread