Wasps go to bottom of the pyramid (1 Viewer)

Frostie

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
They're going to turn up in Worcester aren't they and expect the Worcester fans to welcome them with open arms as they somehow get dropped straight into the Championship
That statement basically just admits that they have no money, no stadium, no real plan & a general feeling of apathy from the whole of the Rugby world...

At what point do they just accept they're dead?

chiefdave

That statement basically just admits that they have no money, no stadium, no real plan & a general feeling of apathy from the whole of the Rugby world...

At what point do they just accept they're dead?
Was just editing my post to add that this will all be reliant on someone else paying for it, the Wasps way. Do even the biggest Wasps fans really give a shit anymore if a new team using the name turn up somewhere they have zero history.

Using Worcester as an example they'd get a handful, literally a handful, of the London / Wycombe / Coventry fans turning up and a handful of Worcester fans who aren't completely pissed off that they've jumped in and taken their place. How is that going to be sustainable?

And those that do turn up will still think they are a big deal, even that statement of nothing talks about their world wide fanbase. They aren't going to accept many seasons below Premiership level. Seems doomed before it even starts.

duffer

Global fanbase my arse. Two expats in Australia, and a bored bloke in the US who watches a dodgy stream twice a season and thinks that the kit looks cool. Tops.

Bless em, they don't half kid themselves...

Reactions: vow

shepardo01

Was just editing my post to add that this will all be reliant on someone else paying for it, the Wasps way. Do even the biggest Wasps fans really give a shit anymore if a new team using the name turn up somewhere they have zero history.

Using Worcester as an example they'd get a handful, literally a handful, of the London / Wycombe / Coventry fans turning up and a handful of Worcester fans who aren't completely pissed off that they've jumped in and taken their place. How is that going to be sustainable?

And those that do turn up will still think they are a big deal, even that statement of nothing talks about their world wide fanbase. They aren't going to accept many seasons below Premiership level. Seems doomed before it even starts.
Isn't Chris Holland part who now owns Worcester's ground.... Grendel will know.
Fairly sure there is enough of a link that means that Wasps rocking up at Worcester is not as daft as you think!!.... (Typical wasps style!!)

Grendel

Isn't Chris Holland part who now owns Worcester's ground.... Grendel will know.
Fairly sure there is enough of a link that means that Wasps rocking up at Worcester is not as daft as you think!!.... (Typical wasps style!!)

He effectively has a 5 year playing lease on it

Terry Gibson's perm

Any person who wishes to invest in that project would be better off buying some matches and petrol and setting fire to the money themselves.

fernandopartridge

But we have persevered, and our steadfast intention remains to return to Rugby at the highest level possible, ideally for the 24/25 season, or if prudent and necessary, the 25/26 season.

As before, our return is reliant on our ability to secure a team, sponsorship and management

I'm ready to make myself available to play for Coventry this weekend, this is reliant on being suddenly capable of playing professionally, being signed and management picking me.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

duffer

Does this place still need a dedicated Wasps forum?

Yes, because the shady fuckers running what's left of the club haven't given up on stitching up another team (Worcester ) yet. So it's interesting keeping track of it.

Plus, as above, if people want to discuss it, who is anyone else to say it should be shut down?

Nick

Administrator
Are they just waiting for somebody to pay for it?

More chance of SISU coming back and building us one at Warwick Uni.

ovduk78

What planet do they live on? They went into administration with debts of £95m, they haven't even got a team playing at any level yet they think they can build a new stadium in an area with no fanbase & everything will be OK. Rugby is struggling with clubs still in financial trouble yet Chris Holland is going to buck this trend, what a delusional idiot?

Skyblueweeman

A Sevenoaks District Council spokesman said Wasps were considering building a multi-use stadium, training facilities and a hotel on the outskirts of Swanley.

The spokesman said members of the public would be able to have their say on the proposals when the council began its latest consultation on its local plan next month.

"As a former top-tier club, with an international profile, we firmly believe this is a once-in-a- generation opportunity," the spokesman added.

"Wasps would bring unparalleled economic, sports development, health, education, and skills benefits to the district and we are keen to explore how that could be achieved."

Someone needs to speak to this council spokeman and get him to take a look on here. He'll soon change his mind.

Paul Anthony

A Sevenoaks District Council spokesman said Wasps were considering building a multi-use stadium, training facilities and a hotel on the outskirts of Swanley.

The spokesman said members of the public would be able to have their say on the proposals when the council began its latest consultation on its local plan next month.

"As a former top-tier club, with an international profile, we firmly believe this is a once-in-a- generation opportunity," the spokesman added.

"Wasps would bring unparalleled economic, sports development, health, education, and skills benefits to the district and we are keen to explore how that could be achieved."

Someone needs to speak to this council spokeman and get him to take a look on here. He'll soon change his mind.

Why does it feel like we've heard this before somewhere? Can't for the life of me think where.......

shepardo01

How do they do it!??
What exactly do they slip into the water/coffee in these meetings they have with local councils!?

fernandopartridge

Where have we heard this before?

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Otis

...whilst also agreeing an option of using Worcester's ground.

I mean, Kent and Worcester, nice close bedfellows for fans wanting to watch. Good job they don't have any of them!

At least we'll have @Otis to lead the protests ;)
Weirdly enough, my missus kids' father lives in Worcester, so they travel from Kent to Worcester to see him.

Hmm....he likes rugby too. Maybe I missed the obvious all this time. 🤔

Users who are viewing this thread