Wasps downward spiral... (5 Viewers)

Nick

Administrator
I really don't get why Kalns has any problem with the Henley campaigners. Surely he'll have a sense of kinship with them a group sticking it to the man?
He doesn't because he has completely lost the plot.
He was applauding wasps when they visited so maybe he has a thing for them as well as cov united?

Grendel

He was applauding wasps when they visited so maybe he has a thing for them as well as cov united?

Was he in the video - he’s very pro Wasps

chiefdave

Those emails don't put Stratford Council in a good light. And of course once again we see Wasps have been feeding BS to a compliant Telegraph who just present it as fact.
So they're barely planning on making any changes (doing it on the cheap) and the application has been rejected?
That's exactly the attraction. They get a ready made facility at a knock down price while nobody else gets the chance to make an offer. Sound familier?

shepardo01

Those emails don't put Stratford Council in a good light. And of course once again we see Wasps have been feeding BS to a compliant Telegraph who just present it as fact.

That's exactly the attraction. They get a ready made facility at a knock down price while nobody else gets the chance to make an offer. Sound familier?
Unbelievable how Eastwood can come up with his "drop the legals" BS and people swallow it up, and Vaughan comes out with what is now uncovered as utter bollocks.... and both get Telegraph coverage!
Am I wrong in thinking that it is just downright lies coming out of Vaughn's mouth!?
Also Chief, what makes you see Stratford DC in a bad light? Am I missing something?

Nick

Administrator
It's obvious that the Telegraph is just there to do PR for Wasps.

Same as when they completely spun their player saying he hopes it all comes out.

Liquid Gold

Telegraph have put all their eggs in the Wasps basket now. Once they've gone bust the club will have no interest in them and they'll lose a major advertiser and supplier of content.

Reactions: AOM

Nick

Administrator
As long as the free stuff keeps flowing then I am sure the Telegraph will forget to mention certain things ;)

chiefdave

Also Chief, what makes you see Stratford DC in a bad light? Am I missing something?
"forewarned so I can be prepared", "poisoned chalice", "then the fun will start"; to me it gives the impression they know the local population are against it but view their objections as something to try and push aside rather than take seriously.

stupot07

"forewarned so I can be prepared", "poisoned chalice", "then the fun will start"; to me it gives the impression they know the local population are against it but view their objections as something to try and push aside rather than take seriously.
No doubt promised that the build will flood the area of money.

I wonder how much of that claimed £60m per annum they are contributing to Coventry?

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Nick

Administrator
No doubt promised that the build will flood the area of money.

I wonder how much of that claimed £60m per annum they are contributing to Coventry?

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

The local area won't be using it so I can assume it would only be if staff and players nip to the shop for something.

There would have been a larger number of different people using it before hand and attracting them to Henley, surely?

Nick

Administrator
Their argument is that the facility was only granted planning permission in the first place because of community use.

If they take community use away then it contradicts the planning conditions originally.

chiefdave

Their argument is that the facility was only granted planning permission in the first place because of community use.
The whole thing stinks. Planning permission to build on the land was only ever given as it was for community use.

Seems that in 2016 the local parish council tried to take over the site from Warwickshire College.
The parish council has had concerns about the sports facilities, which are open to the public, since Warwickshire College announced the closure in September last year. In documents that accompanied the planning application, the council asked to be given control of the sports centre and pitches.

But speaking this week, John Vickery, director of estates at Warwickshire College Group, said the facilities were being retained by the college.

He added: “The college is retaining the existing sports facilities at Henley and will continue to operate them, supporting the local clubs and community who use the facilities.”
Then Wasps appear on the scene and nobody else gets a look-in. You can clearly see the plan. The sites been leased to Wasps and everyone kicked out so when the application is argued it will be claimed its an out of use site being brought back into use.

fernandopartridge

I don't think the Wasps application has been rejected for any reasons related to the plans themselves. It hasn't been validated. I suspect the reasons will be that the application doesn't include all of the information required. At a guess I reckon they've not provided information on how they're going to satisfy any requirements relating to the displacement of local sports clubs etc.

chiefdave

application doesn't include all of the information required
giphy.gif

Nick

Administrator
I do love how the Wasps fans are calling other people deluded about this training ground stuff.

Just like the Telegraph, they have forgotten the last 2 attempts.

Grendel

The Coventry Views twitter account is rubbishing the Henley protesters

Grendel

Grendel

Grendel

It is ironic that he refers to you and others on twitter as a troll farm. Self awareness somewhat lacking i think.

There’s a lot of things lacking believe me. They all also have this Cov Utd connection

Nick

Administrator
There’s a lot of things lacking believe me. They all also have this Cov Utd connection

Explains why they won't hear a bad word said about Wasps, Wasps have already promised a home for the next Phoenix Club haven't they?

Grendel

Lies Reid going far too far with this the sick twat

Joy Division

For a 'parody' account this person isn't worth giving any time of day surely? Active since April 2019 with only 65 followers, pretty embarrassing.

Users who are viewing this thread