Wasps action (2 Viewers)

Grendel

Regarding the advertising board. Can I have some suggestions about what to place under “5 & OUT” when it changes on Friday night? Needs to be quick and punchy obviously.

How about “fuck off Wizard back to London” with a picture of Eastwood with a wizards hat stuck on his ugly mug?

chiefdave

I would avoid the '5 and out', that would go over the heads of a lot of our fans let alone anyone else.

Also important to make sure any images and quotes are legible when up on the screen, its pretty low res isn't it?

Telegraph probably have images you could use, especially if you put up their SOSB thing, which we might as well - better to have everyone using the same thing.

For images I would stick to a handful that everyone will recognise. We might all known players from yesteryear put Wasps fans, general public etc might not. I'd go for one of Killer lifting the cup, Jimmy Hill, Checkatrade win, Play off win, FA Cup parade and promotion parade. Something along those lines.

Personally I would just go with the Lucas and Eastwood quotes, a billboard in Coventry isn't going to register with Joy so save that for the London protest.

Needs to be very clear to Wasps and the council they will be held responsible if the club moves out of the city or ceases to exist.

Nick

Administrator
Needs to be very clear to Wasps and the council they will be held responsible if the club moves out of the city or ceases to exist.

Exactly. Either way, it should be making sure that nobody is getting too comfortable.

Let's face it, as soon as Duggins bragged about public relations on being on his side after bullshitting it should have been the time. Then again, it was around the time the meeting with the trust and the sympathetic statement put out by them just after. I'd bet the Telegraph had been briefed again as well.

chiefdave

Would also say that it would be best accompanied by the much discussed open letter.

As things currently stands if someone sees it and then decides to go on the trust website to see what is going on they will see nothing about Wasps or the council, just digs at SISU.

Nick

Administrator
Would also say that it would be best accompanied by the much discussed open letter.

As things currently stands if someone sees it and then decides to go on the trust website to see what is going on they will see nothing about Wasps or the council, just digs at SISU.

Exactly.

One to each side, stick to facts, point out contradictions and call them all out on their bullshit, asking for answers.

shepardo01

I would avoid the '5 and out', that would go over the heads of a lot of our fans let alone anyone else.

Also important to make sure any images and quotes are legible when up on the screen, its pretty low res isn't it?

Telegraph probably have images you could use, especially if you put up their SOSB thing, which we might as well - better to have everyone using the same thing.

For images I would stick to a handful that everyone will recognise. We might all known players from yesteryear put Wasps fans, general public etc might not. I'd go for one of Killer lifting the cup, Jimmy Hill, Checkatrade win, Play off win, FA Cup parade and promotion parade. Something along those lines.

Personally I would just go with the Lucas and Eastwood quotes, a billboard in Coventry isn't going to register with Joy so save that for the London protest.

Here you go,
Perfect to go on screen.

Attachments

• 20190305_201628.jpg
    20190305_201628.jpg
    302.7 KB · Views: 38

Nick

Administrator
How about:

Joy Seppala: Were driving towards a new Stadium - 2016
Ann Lucas: Must not threaten the security of the Sky blues - 2014
Nick Eastwood: Sky blues can play here as long as they wish 2018

WHAT HAPPENED?

Obviously they’re not the exact word for word statements, but you get the point

Yeah exactly. Something to the point, cuts to the bullshit.

Nick

Administrator
Looks like the Telegraph are using a van with a screen on for nothing more than self promotion to try and get in on the action.

It is a bit sickening really, what next? Small businesses using it to get their brand out there?

ccfctommy

Looks like the Telegraph are using a van with a screen on for nothing more than self promotion to try and get in on the action.

It is a bit sickening really, what next? Small businesses using it to get their brand out there?
Just passed my work.

Jeez your cynical Nick. At least they are doing something.

However, I think the real protest should be at the Ricoh on Saturday.

torchomatic

CJ_covblaze

Surely when it comes to photos of ‘87 and Wembley and suchlike people on here have photos they’d be happy to share for the benefit of this? I don’t really take photos so I’m useless for it, but some must.

Good point.

CJ_covblaze

How about:

Joy Seppala: Were driving towards a new Stadium - 2016
Ann Lucas: Must not threaten the security of the Sky blues - 2014
Nick Eastwood: Sky blues can play here as long as they wish 2018

WHAT HAPPENED?

Obviously they’re not the exact word for word statements, but you get the point

Do you have the original quotes for those? I've seen them before but I can't remember where.

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

Do you have the original quotes for those? I've seen them before but I can't remember where.
I picked them up from the clubs statement and the 2013 statements from twitter put out yesterday.

They’re the most poignant points that everyone needs to be questioned on

I’m at work at the moment, but I could find the exact comments later on this evening if you’d like?

Alan Dugdales Moustache

SISU OUT !......
SPONSORED BY PUKKA PIES, PIES YOU CAN TRUST, UNLIKE THOSE B'STARDS IN CHARGE OF CCFC, THE COUNCIL AND THE RICOH ARENA.

pastythegreat

Ann Lucas
32e3d9c44e08c50aa8d123ef8b16f0ba.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Alan Dugdales Moustache

That most certainly hits the spot. After they're used, post them all back to Wasps.

Nick

Administrator
Interesting that the Trust put a tweet out about the coach to London and the majority of replies are asking about action against the other sides as well.

1 of them had the Trust board member replying using a snidey account to say that the council and Wasps are nothing to do with the problem.

As I said, the Trust are the minority and the closer it gets to the club dying it will show up even more.

torchomatic

Ann Lucas

Still looking for where it says "...for four years". I'm sure it's there, haven't got my reading glasses on so that probably explains it.

CJ_covblaze

I picked them up from the clubs statement and the 2013 statements from twitter put out yesterday.

They’re the most poignant points that everyone needs to be questioned on

I’m at work at the moment, but I could find the exact comments later on this evening if you’d like?

Thanks and that'd be great. I'll take a look myself too. I think that'd be ideal for Friday's

CJ_covblaze

Ann Lucas

W**ps
60132adb17992f9a460e968592ccc559.jpg

If anyone doubts a stadium will be built, they haven’t had engagements with me over the course of the last two years.

Joy Seppalla - 2016

Thanks PTG. We posted those yesterday through the Trust's account. I was looking at the Wasps one initially for Friday but it would be too difficult to read on the board when it's made bigger. Will break them down and make the artwork.

Nick

Administrator
Thanks PTG. We posted those yesterday through the Trust's account. I was looking at the Wasps one initially for Friday but it would be too difficult to read on the board when it's made bigger. Will break them down and make the artwork.

Break them down to something that doesn't say a thing about the Wasps or Council? ;)

ovduk78

Interesting that the Trust put a tweet out about the coach to London and the majority of replies are asking about action against the other sides as well.

1 of them had the Trust board member replying using a snidey account to say that the council and Wasps are nothing to do with the problem.

As I said, the Trust are the minority and the closer it gets to the club dying it will show up even more.

Can someone tell me what the rent was for playing at the Ricoh when SISU took over in 2007? Did the council offer to reduce it prior to moving to Northampton? For too long the council saw CCFC as a cash cow which did not help our finances. My main issue with SISU/Ranson is that the rental agreement wasn't re-negotiated during the takeover, hindsight is a wonderful thing but maybe we wouldn't be where we are if it had of been.

pastythegreat

Yeah the art work isn't great. Not really my thing. Just knocked them up on a free app on my phone. I'm sure somebody can do better.

*edit* I wanted to use the outline shape of the land rover badge (so it actually looked like a shirt) but I'm not very good at it so that's the best I could do.

Liquid Gold

Can someone tell me what the rent was for playing at the Ricoh when SISU took over in 2007? Did the council offer to reduce it prior to moving to Northampton? For too long the council saw CCFC as a cash cow which did not help our finances. My main issue with SISU/Ranson is that the rental agreement wasn't re-negotiated during the takeover, hindsight is a wonderful thing but maybe we wouldn't be where we are if it had of been.
Sisu were the council's preferred bidders for the club as they were the only ones that didn't want to buy in to the Ricoh due to Ranson selling them the dream of a quick promotion to the prem and then sale.
When things started to go awry Ranson tried to renegotiate the rent and was refused.
Ranson left after being refused additional funds by sisu so they had to come in and take direct control. They wanted to reduce outgoings so tried to renegotiate the rent, the council refused.

From moving in to the stadium we paid £1.2m per year plus additional match day costs, quoted as being the highest in the EFL and larger than some in the prem. This is with no access to revenues, we have more revenue from the stadium now with London Wasps in control.

CJ_covblaze

£1.283m per season

CJ_covblaze

Yeah the art work isn't great. Not really my thing. Just knocked them up on a free app on my phone. I'm sure somebody can do better.

*edit* I wanted to use the outline shape of the land rover badge (so it actually looked like a shirt) but I'm not very good at it so that's the best I could do.

They look better for here and twitter than if they were done professionally. I prefer to see stuff done that way.

Users who are viewing this thread