Wasps action (2 Viewers)

Nick

Administrator
I was out the loop for a long time, so I’m not clued up on all of it. I’ve seen now that the trust are just targeting SISU. Why? Why not go after the council, wasps etc as well?

Just trying to understand a little better.

This is what people keep asking.

No idea why they won't, I can guarantee if they did they would have much more support.

It means nobody at any side sits comfortably, it also means every base is covered.

Liquid Gold

I was out the loop for a long time, so I’m not clued up on all of it. I’ve seen now that the trust are just targeting SISU. Why? Why not go after the council, wasps etc as well?

Just trying to understand a little better.
Because the trust are close with people who have been poisoned by their hatred of sisu that they can't see anything else. They have secret meetings with the council and London Wasps so it looks as though they are being played.

CJ_covblaze

Regarding the advertising board. Can I have some suggestions about what to place under “5 & OUT” when it changes on Friday night? Needs to be quick and punchy obviously.

Nick

Administrator
Regarding the advertising board. Can I have some suggestions about what to place under “5 & OUT” when it changes on Friday? Needs to be quick and punchy obviously.

The suggestion wouldn't be to use 5 and out, what does it mean? What's the point? What does it say to people and who is it going to pressure?

I will try to be as constructive as I can.

Why not:

SISU, CCC, WASPS

You don't want to be involved in this dying.

Montage of images, Wembley, play offs, 1987, fans etc

Liquid Gold

The advertising board should not begging up on Friday night, it should be going up on Saturday letting London Wasps know their continued refusal will not be tolerated. You lot really don't get it do you?

Nick

Administrator
The advertising board should not begging up on Friday night, it should be going up on Saturday letting London Wasps know their continued refusal will not be tolerated. You lot really don't get it do you?

Aim it at them as above, keep it there all the next day too.

Use the same to get something put up in town...

CJ_covblaze

The suggestion wouldn't be to use 5 and out, what does it mean? What's the point? What does it say to people and who is it going to pressure?

I will try to be as constructive as I can.

Why not:

You don't want to be involved in this dying.

Montage of images, Wembley, play offs, 1987, fans etc

I’ll check on copyright regarding images. What about:

SISU, CCC, WASPS

Talk now.

CJ_covblaze

It will change on Friday night and display what ever it’s changed to until Tuesday when it will be changed again. This will continue until May.

Nick

Administrator
I’ll check on copyright regarding images. What about:

SISU, CCC, WASPS

Talk now.

It's too easy to brush away. Wasps and CCC will just copy and paste their statements, SISU wont really give a shit.

Im not the best with words (NorthernWisdom is though!) but think it needs to be to the point, no dilly dallying.

Make it a bit of a hint at a threat. Obviously not over the top and silly but just one of those "you know what im saying" type things.

Honestly don't see the point in putting it to say "5 and out" on there. It doesn't explain really.

Liquid Gold

It will change on Friday night and display what ever it’s changed to until Tuesday when it will be changed again. This will continue until May.
OK, I apologise then, that is better.

It should be aimed at the rugby team playing on Saturday.

Eastwood's quote followed by 'The people of Coventry will not forgive Wasps if CCFC are made homeless'

Nick

Administrator
The aim should really be to let each side know not to get comfortable, if CCFC dies because of them all then they will be in the shit.

The harder one to figure out is where to put one to show SISU up.... I dont know much about London or where the types they want to impress hang about

CJ_covblaze

OK, I apologise then, that is better.

It should be aimed at the rugby team playing on Saturday.

Eastwood's quote followed by 'The people of Coventry will not forgive Wasps if CCFC are made homeless'

I like the idea of using the quotes. Maybe the Eastwood, Lucas and Seppala ones we tweeted out earlier but we’d need to make sure they can be read easily. Not all at the same time obviously.

CJ_covblaze

Who is it aimed at? People driving past? How long is it on for each time it shows?

Most people walking to the game won't see it.

10-20 seconds each time it’s shown.

CJ_covblaze

I’ll put that one forward. It’d be nice if we could use it or something like it. The thing is I don’t see it as their pitch and ground. They might own them but I’ll never consider them theirs spiritually. Am I alone in that?

It might be restricted due to who’s land it’s on. A factual quote is something I doubt they could argue with though.

Nick

Administrator
I’ll put that one forward. It’d be nice if we could use it or something like it. I don’t see it as their pitch and ground. They might own them but I’ll never consider them theirs. It might be restricted due to who’s land it’s on. A factual quote is something I doubt they could argue with though.
The only thing with a quote is that within the split second of somebody driving past they need to know what it means, who said it and why it's on the ad board.

Especially if it's on rotate.

I'd chip in for a massive banner in central London just saying "strangle the bitch". Would be almost artistic. Not sure if would be allowed though as it would be taken as a threat rather than the comedy.

Does anybody remember those things not long ago on lampposts about a bloke cheating or something that turned out to be a printing company? Can't remember the exact wording but it was clever.

Magwitch

What about draping a couple of banners either side the bridge over the A444 or bridges for that matter with something like Coventry City being killed off by London Wasps on it short, sharp and to the point and would attract immediate media attention.
Would also be an embarrassing problem for our council having to take them down 2 birds with one stone and this could be repeated easily.

Last edited:

Skybluefaz

I’ll put that one forward. It’d be nice if we could use it or something like it. The thing is I don’t see it as their pitch and ground. They might own them but I’ll never consider them theirs spiritually. Am I alone in that?

It might be restricted due to who’s land it’s on. A factual quote is something I doubt they could argue with though.

Well, there's a reason the seats are sky blue. The stadium was built for us. I have been trying to leverage that into some meaningful statement.

pastythegreat

Everybody knows full well it is SISU pushing it.

However if people make out that CCFC are completely behind it and pushing it, it makes it OK for Wasps and the Council to have digs at the club (rather than at SISU).

People are in for a shock if the club bang and they realise that it doesn't mean SISU does as well.
This is it, w**ps play hard ball and make CCFC close down, SISU still sue the council for the Ricoh sale and now they sue w**ps for ruining a business under their umbrella.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Brighton Sky Blue

Could it be more effective to get bus adverts instead? More will see them and whenever you’re stuck behind one you end up reading it for longer. Don’t know how the costs compare but you could get multiple slogans/messages out

higgs

If the council let the unthinkable happen the people of coventry should revolt it's a disgrace to let this great football club and history die

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

SBAndy

Surely when it comes to photos of ‘87 and Wembley and suchlike people on here have photos they’d be happy to share for the benefit of this? I don’t really take photos so I’m useless for it, but some must.

pastythegreat

Although I think it's futile to protest just what have you done to help change anything. I would suggest nothing so I suppose you can pay yorsyour on the back. Cheap easy shots from someone who does nothing
Are you reading that from a script?
The trust's book of comebacks, in no particular order:

"What have you done?"

"At least the Trust are trying!"

"Your just a SISU apologist!"

"Why should w**ps sign a new deal whilst being sued?"

"The council done what was best for the city".

"It's all Joy and Timmys fault!"

Have I missed anything?

eastwoodsdustman

Are you reading that from a script?
The trust's book of comebacks, in no particular order:

"What have you done?"

"At least the Trust are trying!"

"Your just a SISU apologist!"

"Why should w**ps sign a new deal whilst being sued?"

"The council done what was best for the city".

"It's all Joy and Timmys fault!"

Have I missed anything?

Sisu out?

Users who are viewing this thread