Wasps action (3 Viewers)

Great_Expectations

I never fully understood the contempt for the Trust, but after keeping an eye on this thread the last few days and the recent outputs (a banner and (another) protest), I am understanding it more and more.

The average fan (those who ‘support’ the team but haven’t watched in years, bar Wembley obviously) will be in the blame SISU camp as they are too far detached to know more (or care), but the Trust are supposed to be closer to the action, in touch with the fan base and representatives of all views. It’s all too one sided.

Based on comments on this thread, it appears the Trust tend to avoid SBT, but surely it should be an ideal environment to gather a wide range of views. While it may be a small proportion of the fan base, arguments or otherwise, all viewpoints are covered on this forum. This thread being a great example of SBT supporting the Trust with ideas.

However, I do think CJ takes some unfair criticism as he seems to be the only member of the Trust on here engaging fans, and therefore also taking the slack that comes with it.

fernandopartridge

The Sky Blues Trust are a bunch of self-serving bellends who care more about appearing to do something than actually doing something. As long as they get their annual quotes in the Times and the Guardian I’m sure they’ll be happy though.
Not to forget the freebies at Wasps

Brighton Sky Blue

As much as we all hate Fisher at least he generally keeps quiet these days.

Get rid of him and SISU will just bring in someone to replace him. Do we want to go back to the glory days of Ken Dulieu sat on the bench in his tracksuit?

If we get voted out the league we should bring all the old favourites to join MR on the bench. Dulieu, Igwe, Brady (for text a sub), Ranson, Waggott, Thorn. Then leave them locked in

Nick

Administrator
I never fully understood the contempt for the Trust, but after keeping an eye on this thread the last few days and the recent outputs (a banner and (another) protest), I am understanding it more and more.

The average fan (those who ‘support’ the team but haven’t watched in years, bar Wembley obviously) will be in the blame SISU camp as they are too far detached to know more (or care), but the Trust are supposed to be closer to the action, in touch with the fan base and representatives of all views. It’s all too one sided.

Based on comments on this thread, it appears the Trust tend to avoid SBT, but surely it should be an ideal environment to gather a wide range of views. While it may be a small proportion of the fan base, arguments or otherwise, all viewpoints are covered on this forum. This thread being a great example of SBT supporting the Trust with ideas.

However, I do think CJ takes some unfair criticism as he seems to be the only member of the Trust on here engaging fans, and therefore also taking the slack that comes with it.

It annoys me that CJ takes the brunt of it but I have tried to tell him that a lot of the time it isn't aimed at CJ the person but the Trust. My frustration isn't really at him personally, although if he wants to keep taking people as if they are stupid and can't see straight though his stuff it probably will get that way.

No, other people from the Trust won't come on here. They won't give a reason but I guess it has something to do with not everybody just blindly agreeing and others being able to predict their every move because it is that predictable.

One board member gave it loads saying this place is the minority and has no relevance, until he deleted his account after being shown how wrong he was. That is the kind of view aimed at the views on here which I assume is why they don't get listened to.

I have been through it multiple times over the years about the different things but they have no interest in engaging with people on here. Sky Blues Talk isn't me, it isn't another person, it is a whole range of fans ideas (both constructive and sometimes over the top). CJ asked for ideas, it was as clear as day he has no intention of listening to them or actually thinking about them.

It is insulting that they seem to think people are so stupid and can't see things a mile off outside of their bubble. They used to get away with letting people just call everybody else a "SISU apologist" who agreed with them and it would make it all go away, it doesn't work any more though now that they are actively defending the other parties.

Nick

Administrator
Can I have my pound back. These fucking clowns don't represent me.
Fancy putting up a thread to gather ideas, some of which are excellent by the way, to then ignore it all, and come up with some half arsed protest in London.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Exactly the same as when they asked on here for ideas and thoughts for a meeting. They got a fair few constructive things against all sides to then just say "we are going to protest against SISU" completely disregarding anything said.

Whenever they get asked it's "we are busy with work" which seems to think that it will make people stop asking things or make people jump in to defend them. The same as "we can't discuss Wasps because of the legal action" bullshit.

Absolutely no interest at all in representing the fans, they are just a free PR company who need a sniff of a promise of importance to do the dirty work for other people.

Great_Expectations

It annoys me that CJ takes the brunt of it but I have tried to tell him that a lot of the time it isn't aimed at CJ the person but the Trust. My frustration isn't really at him personally, although if he wants to keep taking people as if they are stupid and can't see straight though his stuff it probably will get that way.

No, other people from the Trust won't come on here. They won't give a reason but I guess it has something to do with not everybody just blindly agreeing and others being able to predict their every move because it is that predictable.

One board member gave it loads saying this place is the minority and has no relevance, until he deleted his account after being shown how wrong he was. That is the kind of view aimed at the views on here which I assume is why they don't get listened to.

I have been through it multiple times over the years about the different things but they have no interest in engaging with people on here. Sky Blues Talk isn't me, it isn't another person, it is a whole range of fans ideas (both constructive and sometimes over the top). CJ asked for ideas, it was as clear as day he has no intention of listening to them or actually thinking about them.

It is insulting that they seem to think people are so stupid and can't see things a mile off outside of their bubble. They used to get away with letting people just call everybody else a "SISU apologist" who agreed with them and it would make it all go away, it doesn't work any more though now that they are actively defending the other parties.

They are clearly missing out on views of fans who are by definition passionate about CCFC as we spend our spare time on a forum talking about them. It seems a massive wasted opportunity to me, especially as it reads as though it’s ego related. Which if true, is surely the very opposite a board member of a supporters group should be....

Not sure how it would work in practical terms, and it’s probably not one for now, plus there already seems to be too many for my liking, but you should consider running/coordinating/something else a fans forum/group. As I said before, while there is a lot of bickering on here, a lot of different views are represented and we’re all clearly passionate about the club.

cloughie

It's OK, there is a coach to SISU's office and EFL for some photos.

Sure there will be some good back pats in it.
Although I think it's futile to protest just what have you done to help change anything. I would suggest nothing so I suppose you can pay yorsyour on the back. Cheap easy shots from someone who does nothing

Nick

Administrator
They are clearly missing out on views of fans who are by definition passionate about CCFC as we spend our spare time on a forum talking about them. It seems a massive wasted opportunity to me, especially as it reads as though it’s ego related. Which if true, is surely the very opposite a board member of a supporters group should be....

Not sure how it would work in practical terms, and it’s probably not one for now, plus there already seems to be too many for my liking, but you should consider running/coordinating/something else a fans forum/group. As I said before, while there is a lot of bickering on here, a lot of different views are represented and we’re all clearly passionate about the club.

The thing is, as it's a forum it would be hard to have one view to represent everybody. It's why I have told the Trust that if they set up a gofundme, promise it will be targeting everybody (of course SISU included, just to avoid doubt) and some ideas they are going to do then I can try my best to get funding raised, people to help, people to donate skills that they need (graphic design, marketing, social media experts. There are lots of people on here who work in different industries, potentially somebody who can help with things) (see pasty's mate with the truck for example).

I have asked why board members other than CJ won't discuss things in the constructive threads, you can guess the response. This thread was actually quite constructive, so was the one when CJ asked for ideas for things to discuss at the meeting.

It was the same during Sixfields when I was asked for ideas, spent ages discussing them and how to get a bit of unity. How many were listened to and what feedback did I get? See Above.

Nick

Administrator
Although I think it's futile to protest just what have you done to help change anything. I would suggest nothing so I suppose you can pay yorsyour on the back. Cheap easy shots from someone who does nothing

What have they done to help change anything?

cloughie

What have they done to help change anything?
They have tried even if it was niave with the sort of people they have tried to influence. But the question was what have you done,? Other than criticize

Nick

Administrator
They have tried even if it was niave with the sort of people they have tried to influence. But the question was what have you done,? Other than criticize

Yeah, I wasn't counting trying to impress fans from other clubs and get in the paper. I was asking what has actually been done to change the situation?

You will find, the same as me at the end of the day. I just haven't run to the paper every 5 minutes to do free PR for people on the promise of a bit of importance. I also haven't bullshit people or tried to mislead them (see the Trust on TV calling for Administration, see the Trust climbing up Haskell's arse and look how that backfired. The list goes on...).

Brighton Sky Blue

Pooling ideas to do exactly what?

Have a read through the threads since the forum started. They aren't all good ones, they aren't all sane and we have a few dickheads but it's at least a starting point. If nothing else it at least reminds us there are those who give a shit

cloughie

Yeah, I wasn't counting trying to impress fans from other clubs and get in the paper. I was asking what has actually been done to change the situation?

You will find, the same as me at the end of the day. I just haven't run to the paper every 5 minutes to do free PR for people on the promise of a bit of importance. I also haven't bullshit people or tried to mislead them (see the Trust on TV calling for Administration, see the Trust climbing up Haskell's arse and look how that backfired. The list goes on...).
Still not answering what have you done. Not what you have not done

cloughie

Have a read through the threads since the forum started. They aren't all good ones, they aren't all sane and we have a few dickheads but it's at least a starting point. If nothing else it at least reminds us there are those who give a shit
Agree we all care about this but some like to criticize and do Fisher' job for him divide and conquer

Nick

Administrator
Agree we all care about this but some like to criticize and do Fisher' job for him divide and conquer

You do see the irony in that don't you? I can only assume you don't realise the bloke on the Trust board who goes on about season ticket holders being "nobs" and making things up across multiple twitter accounts all day every day ;)

Nick

Administrator
Exactly yet you criticize and seem to think you have the higher moral ground.
Pure arrogance

When I have been involved in a plan to force the club into admin then talk to me about higher moral ground. When I have been on TV misleading people that the club should go into admin, when I have actually climbed into bed with particular sides in this over the years then you can talk to me about that. When I have run to the press to big up a rugby club who moved here and the amazing event one of their games was after protesting for over a year about my club moving then speak to me about it. I haven't tried to bullshit people time and time again when they know full well I am trying to treat them as if they are thick as pig shit and can't see straight through it.

I could probably go on all with those ones! They are easy.

cloughie

Sadly this is what is has become a divided fan base .lose lose situation for all of us

Nick

Administrator
Sadly this is what is has become a divided fan base .

It's simple, our official fans group goes at everybody, calls all of their shit out (no matter who it is, Boddy, Fisher, Duggins, Eastwood etc etc) and people will unite and get behind them. There are city fans effectively begging for it to happen in this thread.

Will it make everything suddenly change? Probably not, but I can guarantee they would have more people backing them and more people united.

Judging by the views on social media and here, the Trust are in the minority now.

cloughie

It's simple, our official fans group goes at everybody, calls all of their shit out (no matter who it is, Boddy, Fisher, Duggins, Eastwood etc etc) and people will unite and get behind them. There are city fans effectively begging for it to happen in this thread.

Will it make everything suddenly change? Probably not, but I can guarantee they would have more people backing them and more people united.

Judging by the views on social media and here, the Trust are in the minority now.

Nick

Administrator
As edited previously lose lose situation for us all

It doesn't have to be, which is what I have said for years.

If the Trust were to say "right, anybody at all wants to fuck with CCFC then we will be calling you out on your bullshit". Obviously SISU, obviously execs of the club, council, wasps, efl. Anybody at all.

I want the Trust to be successful which is why I get so annoyed at the blindness and the will to only listen to particular people within their bubble time and time again to the point we can predict the outcome of things before they happen.

Will it suddenly get us a deal? If the Trust were calling out shit (see the CCFC statement as an example) from the start then I doubt that Eastwood and Duggins would be so comfortable. I can also guarantee they would have a lot more backing and people united behind them.

I want to be united with other fans who think "dont fuck with ccfc, regardless of who you are" rather than "you and you can fuck with ccfc because you arent sisu and we wont say a thing".

Call them all pricks, have all of their contradictions listed and put to them publicly. Shame each and every one who has bullshitted (again, of course including Fisher before anybody thinks I am excluding anybody).

shepardo01

Yes! This!

Brighton Sky Blue

Fisher's job is to run the operation at break even or better and toe the party line in public. The bloke looks a mess in public, much less an evil mastermind

Nick

Administrator
Practice*

The verb practice/practise
In American English, practice can also be a verb. It means “to do something again and again in order to master it” or “to exercise a profession.” So you could say “He practices his religion,” “She practices the violin,” or “He practices law.”

In British English, you’d write those last three examples as practise. British English is also called International English because its rules tend to apply for most of the English-speaking world. For example, “I practise the piano,” and “I plan to practise law,” show the correct spelling of practise (the verb) in British, Canadian, and Australian English.

covcity4life

giphy.gif

kg82

I was out the loop for a long time, so I’m not clued up on all of it. I’ve seen now that the trust are just targeting SISU. Why? Why not go after the council, wasps etc as well?

Just trying to understand a little better.

Users who are viewing this thread