Welcome to Sky Blues Talk!

You're currently viewing the forum as a guest. Join thousands of fellow Coventry City fans today!

Was that the shock we needed? (1 Viewer)

Hamer is quite clearly nowhere near the standard and its looking a baffling signing, that looks purely done to get the fans excited.
He has good skill sets, can score, has a good set piece, has Premier League experience. He was relatively cheap.

He was bought, in my opinion, to add depth to the squad and strengthen options off the bench. He wasn’t seen as a nailed on starter.
 
Why are we obsessed with Hull. Plenty of other teams are struggling but we seem weirdly lasered in on them and Ipswich. We can finish below both and still stay up

Because many, many, fans lured the rest of us into thinking we’re ahead of them as a team and club.
 
Before the season kicked off I thought Grimes would do okay as long as he had protection around him but this is the problem. He doesn't have that with Onyeka who is miles off the pace of Premier League. I feel from Grimes as he is getting so much flack which baffles me even more when you have a dynamic Yrenki sat on the bench that can cover 15 yards quicker than what Onyeka can do in 5 if you get my point.
 
"We" are living on the fringe of a sporting nightmare. All our SISU issues felt like private grief. This is national & even global. We are being stared at & talked about as the team rock-bottom, no points , no goals.
It "aint" nice , please it must end.
 
Before the season kicked off I thought Grimes would do okay as long as he had protection around him but this is the problem. He doesn't have that with Onyeka who is miles off the pace of Premier League. I feel from Grimes as he is getting so much flack which baffles me even more when you have a dynamic Yrenki sat on the bench that can cover 15 yards quicker than what Onyeka can do in 5 if you get my point.
Before this becomes another revelling in grief thread. I couldn't agree more. I think Grimes is clever enough to overcome the issues that confront him. Onyeka on the other hand isn't good enough for this league. It worked a treat in the championship but he's a downgrade on premiership midfielders. Yirenkyi needs to be in the team and doing the leg work.
 
The only issue with Yirenkyi is that he isn't disciplined enough. He will leave space because he rushes in. As I said elsewhere this is not a league where you can learn your craft on the pitch so he won't get time to improve this by playing.
 
The only issue with Yirenkyi is that he isn't disciplined enough. He will leave space because he rushes in. As I said elsewhere this is not a league where you can learn your craft on the pitch so he won't get time to improve this by playing.
Fair point . I noticed at Plymouth , he did 2 good things followed by a bad but he has to learn fast. I'm sure Lampard and his team are working with him to install the discipline . He needs to play
 
The only issue with Yirenkyi is that he isn't disciplined enough. He will leave space because he rushes in. As I said elsewhere this is not a league where you can learn your craft on the pitch so he won't get time to improve this by playing.
If Yirenkyi is a consistent starter he will pick up a red card at some point.
 
We’re four games in. Judgments about who is better than who can reasonably be made in May.
Can’t keep saying this. What evidence are you seeing that this will turn? We’ve scored 5 goals, conceded 15 and 4 of our goals was against Plymouth. It’s painful to watch.

I usually think ‘10 games in’ but it’s been bad so far. The only game where I was content was Man City.
 
Last edited:
People thought it was knee jerk at the time, but I truly believe the Hull loss will be seen to have crashed our whole season. Put so much pressure on us and utterly shot the players confidence. I said at the time that it was irrelevant that it was only the second game. With the way the fixtures panned out it was critical and was devastating.
 
Can’t keep saying this. What evidence are you seeing that this will turn? We’ve scored 5 goals, conceded 15 and 4 of our goals was against Plymouth. It’s painful to watch.

I usually think ‘10 games in’ but it’s been bad so far. The only game where I was content was Man City.
I’m not saying it will turn. But I am saying the likes of Hull and Ipswich are definitely no better than us.
 
I’m not saying it will turn. But I am saying the likes of Hull and Ipswich are definitely no better than us.
They are miles better and thats shown in the fact theyve scored goals and actually have points
 
The shocks keep on coming.

2nd half yesterday was diabolical against a poor Villa team.
 
Poor 🤣 they will be playing champions league football soon mate
8 changes last night from the side that beat Brugge, really illustrates the size of the gap.

We rest players and bring Lati and Sakamoto in, they rest players and bring Abraham and a £50 million signing from PSG in.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom