Turnbull Recalled with a Permanant Move in the coming days. (3 Viewers)

stevefloyd

The squad was dreadful hence Robins clearing most of it out and we didn't get much return on it either, Jones is the only exception

Grendel

covcity4life

The squad was poor. Poor recruitment in the summer was the start of our downfall that season.
Poor yes. Not 15pts off surivoval or ehatever it was st end

He came in with us 1 pt from safety or something remember! The squad didnt become worse january onwards! And if it did thats on slade even more!

Grendel

Robins

Even end of season when we lost games we put up a fight and looked more likely

No it was the emergence of Thomas - a player Mowbray and Venus had zero faith in.

Grendel

Poor yes. Not 15pts off surivoval or ehatever it was st end

He came in with us 1 pt from safety or something remember! The squad didnt become worse january onwards! And if it did thats on slade even more!

Mowbray and Slade has almost identical records. You can’t be 15 points adrift after 10 games.

Nick

Administrator
This on the Partick Thistle site

On a serious note, I know that the age of 22 or 23 is significant for development fees (I know the rules differ in England and Scotland). Would we be entitled to any development fee due to his spell with us?

giphy.gif

Captain Dart

Nothing official, but there must be something in it for the recall to have been instigated. I’ll drive him down if it gets him off our books
I think you'll find a deal is all but sealed and they're simply dotting the i's and crossing the t's now. Bet it is finalised this time next week.

ccfchoi87

I believe Southampton had a 50% sell on fee anyway. So a free transfer won't make
Too much of a difference to us

Nick

Administrator
To be fair, I'd have been happy for him to go without any sort of fee anyway so if we can get something in the future then it's a bonus but if not he's gone off our wage bill which is a better bonus now.

Hobo

Jordan Turnbull Recalled From Loan

Seems like they rate him and see his departure as a loss.

His move here for whatever reason didn't work out. It will be good to get his wage off our accounts and I wish him well.

Last edited:

covcity4life

he played start of season and was crap

the whole team played better under robins

but if you dont rate robins thats up to you i guess. odd but everyone has their own opinions

Mucca Mad Boys

The signing of Jordan Turnbull epitomises the summer window of 2016.

Cuts we allegedly made to the budget so things are tight, our formerly beloved Tony has a chat with Romain Vincelot and they decide Bradford is for him and he moves on and is sold for a fraction of what we've likely given Southampton for this bright star who's already cut his teeth in 2 seasons at Swindon.

It questions why this season we signed 10 plus players on a free this summer who look capable of playing at a higher level yet that summer we struggled to get anyone of note in over looking all other players moving around the division on free's.

Yet when the budget is tight we're paying a fee for Turnbull.

Completely agreed. Mowbray's transfer policy for us was generally quite bad for us and in hindsight, us and Mowbray wasn't a good fit - he's far too used to working with teams with large budgets. In his first full season, he secured some really good loans, however, more or less all of his permanent signings haven't worked out, with the exception of Jodi Jones, who's only really started to perform now we're in L2 (in fairness, signed as a 17yr old so evidently signed as a development player).

In contrast, Robins has set out to build a core of experienced professionals in important positions permanently - so if this season doesn't go to plan, with all the setbacks we've had, we can go fine tune and go again in 18/19. Look at the loans we've just signed - they're adding to what we've got or replacing injured players. MR has been really efficient with his resources and I'll say it again, credit to all involved. Mowbray was really inefficient with his budget, cuts or no cuts.

Captain Dart

steve82

Completely agreed. Mowbray's transfer policy for us was generally quite bad for us and in hindsight, us and Mowbray wasn't a good fit - he's far too used to working with teams with large budgets. In his first full season, he secured some really good loans, however, more or less all of his permanent signings haven't worked out, with the exception of Jodi Jones, who's only really started to perform now we're in L2 (in fairness, signed as a 17yr old so evidently signed as a development player).

In contrast, Robins has set out to build a core of experienced professionals in important positions permanently - so if this season doesn't go to plan, with all the setbacks we've had, we can go fine tune and go again in 18/19. Look at the loans we've just signed - they're adding to what we've got or replacing injured players. MR has been really efficient with his resources and I'll say it again, credit to all involved. Mowbray was really inefficient with his budget, cuts or no cuts.

Early doors he was a good appointment and as a day to day manager was just the ticket.

However his preferred method of young loans was always gonna be a gamble and only takes you window to window. We had a huge amount so come January there was no way to strengthen hence the arrival of Henderson, Hunt, Ramage, Lorentzson.

Something he even said still puzzles me to this day. The club needs its on players to build upon.... yet he failed to look in the right markets for these players and identify who would join CCFC a club who just missed out on the play off would still of been a good draw for many L1/L2 players who were up to standard.

Instead he chased all summer risky high paid championship players with bad injury records. Homework wasn't done that summer.

Instead he goes the loan route again with McCann, Sterry, Page, Agyei, Wright and the more bizarre Jack Mcbean.

No lessons were learned from the previous summer/winter windows, the squad lacked quality, leadership. Was full of kids that lacked the mental and physical strengths to go a season in L1 and we got bullied weekly.

The late emergence of George Thomas was the only shining light from the domestic season who propelled us to a day at Wembley and sealed that trophy too.

steve82

He did well the 1st summer with loans
Not well 2nd summer
Did well with black burn this summer

1 off? 66% good summer recoed in last 3 years?
Maybe it was budget. Maybe it was scouting network. Doesnt seem to be a huge issue with him tho.

He did very well the first summer, or slightly lucky with the quality at his disposal? Either way he got some high class kids in with a lot of potential, which clicked. Some great football, fantastic wins and gave us a rare feel good factor till it dried up before xmas.

2nd summer... epic fail. Chased the wrong types, we sat still too long when other sides signed up the best of the free transfers.

I'd still question his scouting abilities now to a degree. He's using the scouting files from 2015-2016 tho it's paying off and he's got them playing but has that big budget he needs and works very well with.

Reality is L1 wheeler dealing isn't his level, he's a championship man buying and working with quality. Something we couldn't offer.

covcity4life

He did very well the first summer, or slightly lucky with the quality at his disposal? Either way he got some high class kids in with a lot of potential, which clicked. Some great football, fantastic wins and gave us a rare feel good factor till it dried up before xmas.

2nd summer... epic fail. Chased the wrong types, we sat still too long when other sides signed up the best of the free transfers.

I'd still question his scouting abilities now to a degree. He's using the scouting files from 2015-2016 tho it's paying off and he's got them playing but has that big budget he needs and works very well with.

Reality is L1 wheeler dealing isn't his level, he's a championship man buying and working with quality. Something we couldn't offer.

1st summer lucky
2nd summer fail?

really steve?

if you can put 1st summer down to luck you can put 2nd summer down to being unlucky. very poor from you.

also now hes doing well u put caveats in,slade doing poor "well he used to be great!"

poor. thought we had turned a corner

Warwickhunt

I believe Southampton had a 50% sell on fee anyway. So a free transfer won't make
Too much of a difference to us
We would not have paid a fee for him with a 50% sell on clause?

steve82

1st summer lucky
2nd summer fail?

really steve?

if you can put 1st summer down to luck you can put 2nd summer down to being unlucky. very poor from you.

also now hes doing well u put caveats in,slade doing poor "well he used to be great!"

poor. thought we had turned a corner

Think I've payed him plenty of plaudits.... and not put him down. Been fair I feel.

The reason I say it could be slightly lucky is that the quality was excellent and for so many loans all hit it off and work is lucky. How many loans fail over the ones that work.

Not a dig it's just a observation.

2nd season wasn't bad luck it was poor preparation and a failure to adapt to the circumstances and challenge of the job going the same route with loans and high earners. The loans failed as did the structure and core of the squad.

He left the kids exposed.

covcity4life

it was a squad that was 1 pt off safety in january so fair to say it was at least capable of remianing like that till end. poor squad maybe but relegation was never foregone conclusion

but nothing new has been learnt,we both know where each other stand. regardless of thoughts on mowbray/slade/turnbull think we are both happy he is to leave and his wages can be used on a new signing

Users who are viewing this thread