Turnbull Recalled with a Permanant Move in the coming days. (1 Viewer)

steve82

Stevo have to disagree with you there. Seems like Jordan Turnbull been made a huge scapegoat for our performances or lack of last last year.

There was shocking performances all over the pitch last year.

That's ok... I generally agree with your opinions it's gonna happen one day we disagree on a subject and you done so in a polite well mannered way. Appreciate it

It's very true the team was poor in quality from the 1st game at Swindon. 3 games later and Jordan Turnbull arrived and got sent off. A great start.

The defensive unit was poor last year compared to this year, it lacked men, mental strength, leadership and became frail. Burge was costly, Willis too, Bigirimana also. Clarke came in and added leadership but he had as many bad days as good.

Turnbull was excellent at Wembley but I expect that from any professional to play there career best game on the grate pitch at the home of English football in front of a spectacular following. He had a reasonable game in the semi too as you said also.

However look past that and I can instantly remember the horror performance against Charlton and being hauled off at half time at home to Southend when they scored after a minute when his challenge was of a 5 year old in the build up to the gaol.

He played his part in a poor side. I for one am pleased he's departing and off the pay roll.

Londonccfcfan

The problem is though I think we paid a fair slug of cash for him and paid a large wage as well.

He wasn’t that bad no and will have a better career than McDonald who hasn’t the pace for anything above league 2
The transfer fee was because Mowbray got desperate.

pastythegreat

Well he has played 19 games this season at a higher level than us. Rumour is off to Northampton. He was a disappointment here but not to say he won't go on to better things?
Higher level than us? You think the SPL is a higher level than us?

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Terry Gibson's perm

That's ok... I generally agree with your opinions it's gonna happen one day we disagree on a subject and you done so in a polite well mannered way. Appreciate it

It's very true the team was poor in quality from the 1st game at Swindon. 3 games later and Jordan Turnbull arrived and got sent off. A great start.

The defensive unit was poor last year compared to this year, it lacked men, mental strength, leadership and became frail. Burge was costly, Willis too, Bigirimana also. Clarke came in and added leadership but he had as many bad days as good.

Turnbull was excellent at Wembley but I expect that from any professional to play there career best game on the grate pitch at the home of English football in front of a spectacular following. He had a reasonable game in the semi too as you said also.

However look past that and I can instantly remember the horror performance against Charlton and being hauled off at half time at home to Southend when they scored after a minute when his challenge was of a 5 year old in the build up to the gaol.

He played his part in a poor side. I for one am pleased he's departing and off the pay roll.

I had forgotten about Clarke he would have been good against port vale he could have marked tom pope to see who was the slowest

Londonccfcfan

Higher level than us? You think the SPL is a higher level than us?

Yes easily better than league two level. Unless you think Luton are better than Celtic.lol

Its League one standard generally. Although saying that theres 5 teams in the SPL averaging more than 15k per games and on that basis only Portsmouth and Bradford average more than 15 k in League one.

ccfchoi87

Yes easily better than league two level. Unless you think Luton are better than Celtic.lol

Its League one standard generally. Although saying that theres 5 teams in the SPL averaging more than 15k per games and on that basis only Portsmouth and Bradford average more than 15 k in League one.

Do you think partick are better than us?

covcity4life

Cant blame Slade fully either what about Mark Venus and Mowbray. anyway lets not go over old ground.

YEs this is good news in the scheme of things.

I can blame a manager eho comes in ehen we are not adrift. The squad being poor is an excuse imo. Robons would have kept us up if he has same time as slade

But as steve saya old groubd gone over. I just dont hate turnbull

steve82

The transfer fee was because Mowbray got desperate.

The signing of Jordan Turnbull epitomises the summer window of 2016.

Cuts we allegedly made to the budget so things are tight, our formerly beloved Tony has a chat with Romain Vincelot and they decide Bradford is for him and he moves on and is sold for a fraction of what we've likely given Southampton for this bright star who's already cut his teeth in 2 seasons at Swindon.

It questions why this season we signed 10 plus players on a free this summer who look capable of playing at a higher level yet that summer we struggled to get anyone of note in over looking all other players moving around the division on free's.

Yet when the budget is tight we're paying a fee for Turnbull.

Esoterica

Well he has played 19 games this season at a higher level than us. Rumour is off to Northampton. He was a disappointment here but not to say he won't go on to better things?
I read that Northampton rumour too - was mentioned in the Swindon Advertiser. Had a look to see if it might be them he moved to but it suggested there.

Grendel

I can blame a manager eho comes in ehen we are not adrift. The squad being poor is an excuse imo. Robons would have kept us up if he has same time as slade

Robins would have kept us up - Mowbray definitely would not.

pastythegreat

So you classing the entire spl standard on 1 team?
You can't say Celtic are better than Luton so the spl is clearly better!
With the exception of maybe 2/3 teams, I'd back Luton to beat any team in that league.
I think after a bit of adjustment, Celtic, like Cardiff, could compete at the right end of the championship, as for the rest I think they're bang average L1 AT BEST!
I never watch Scottish games because they're so poor but watched the old firm derby in Wetherspoons in Carlisle and can honestly say I've seen us play better football this season at times than they both played that day. IT was dreadful

steve82

Steve didn't say that! I don't even speak that language, thankfully to the help of Siri and Alexa I've found out what you mean

Would Robins of kept us up? If he joined in January it's possible, if he joined in the summer I doubt the conversation would be needed as I'm sure he'd of acted better in the free transfer market and not left us so short on key ingredients to go a season with such a young side

A few factors needed to thought about tho, TW... he has done a lot of work over the summer to help MR however it's his tactics and preparation that counts towards the game.

Undoubtedly MR tightened things up a little and got us playing but that also coincided with George Thomas coming of age and scoring and the pressure of near certain relegation being off the players shoulders and toxic environment lifted by the checkatrade trophy exploits.

Hobo

The signing of Jordan Turnbull epitomises the summer window of 2016.

Cuts we allegedly made to the budget so things are tight, our formerly beloved Tony has a chat with Romain Vincelot and they decide Bradford is for him and he moves on and is sold for a fraction of what we've likely given Southampton for this bright star who's already cut his teeth in 2 seasons at Swindon.

It questions why this season we signed 10 plus players on a free this summer who look capable of playing at a higher level yet that summer we struggled to get anyone of note in over looking all other players moving around the division on free's.

Yet when the budget is tight we're paying a fee for Turnbull.

The market changes from year to year, players, coaches and contacts. Mowbray's biggest problem, I think was lack of experience, contacts and knowledge at league 1 level.

I heard lots of posters saying he should have done better in the January Transfer Window....but sign who exactly.

I am not sticking up for Mowbray just saying at our level January is a hard window. Also it is not comparable from year to year.

Londonccfcfan

With the exception of maybe 2/3 teams, I'd back Luton to beat any team in that league.
I think after a bit of adjustment, Celtic, like Cardiff, could compete at the right end of the championship, as for the rest I think they're bang average L1 AT BEST!
I never watch Scottish games because they're so poor but watched the old firm derby in Wetherspoons in Carlisle and can honestly say I've seen us play better football this season at times than they both played that day. IT was dreadful

Your delusional.

Londonccfcfan

I'm not basing it on one team. I'm basing on 50% of the teams who average over 15K. Read my comments I mention the other big 5 teams too.

Anyway this thread isn't about wether you think SPL is League two standard or not.

Fair chance Turnbull will play at League one level in a month or two unless he signs for Luton. who are looking for Central Defenders.

pastythegreat

I'm not basing it on one team. I'm basing on 50% of the teams who average over 15K. Read my comments I mention the other big 5 teams too.

Anyway this thread isn't about wether you think SPL is League two standard or not.

Fair chance Turnbull will play at League one level in a month or two unless he signs for Luton. who are looking for Central Defenders.
So your saying the spl is a better standard than l2 because.......... 5 teams average over 15k fans????

Esoterica

Use of the loan market is one thing I'm delighted with this year. It's much better looking for players to strengthen a promotion push than stressing over whether we will manage to retain a key loanee for the 2nd half of the season. Anyone know if our rivals have lost key loanees?

IrishSkyBlue

Facebook User
the rumor from good aul fb is northampton are interested buying him and thats where hes going just saw someone say it said id pass it on lol.

steve82

The market changes from year to year, players, coaches and contacts. Mowbray's biggest problem, I think was lack of experience, contacts and knowledge at league 1 level.

I heard lots of posters saying he should have done better in the January Transfer Window....but sign who exactly.

I am not sticking up for Mowbray just saying at our level January is a hard window. Also it is not comparable from year to year.

I couldn't agree more, transfer windows are varied in what teams can do and what's available.

However that cash strapped budget cut summer we made 7 permanent signings, Reid, Sordell, Bigirimana and Kwame Thomas. Concluded the deal for a very raw JJ, and paid a fee for Turnbull to add to the already adapting Ghadzev.

5 frees and 2 we paid fees for. JJ you can understand the investment but at a time we let Arron Martin go for free, and paid a fee for a like for like soft replacement and then vincelot when we could of got a few free's in on permanent deals.

TM had a lack of understanding and knowledge of the market and level he was working at and the loans didn't work for him a 2nd season.

The summer is when any committed manager does his business. If he wasn't happy he should of said I'm off early doors that summer.

January windows are to tight to make substantial changes

Londonccfcfan

So your saying the spl is a better standard than l2 because.......... 5 teams average over 15k fans????

Use any benchmark or standard you like. But base it on the whole league. Not on one or two teams.

Support? lets look at the bottom of SPL Partick average more than Morecambe / Accrington / Yeovil combined.

pastythegreat

Use any benchmark or standard you like. But base it on the whole league. Not on one or two teams.

Support? lets look at the bottom of SPL Partick average more than Morecambe / Accrington / Yeovil combined.
Who cares how many more fans Aberdeen have than FGR? The standard of football at partick thistle isn't any better than ours! No amount of fans can change that! 1

Liquid Gold

If Celtic and Rangers were allowed into the English pyramid they'd level out as mid table premiership sides after a decade or so. Hearts, Hibs and Aberdeen Championship. The rest would be league one and two.

stevefloyd

Yeah just look at Reece Brown..............

Ohh wait a minute ;)

Otis

Lets not go down that road, actually Robins was manager when we went down but don't let that get in the way of a good story
I do believe there was another manager involved too, but for the life of me I can't remember his name.

smileycov

Facebook User
Lincoln are desperate for CB’s wonder if he is going there. Be shocking decision if he does!!

Users who are viewing this thread