Turnbull Recalled with a Permanant Move in the coming days. (4 Viewers)

mrtrench

Cracked it!!!!

We've done a deal with MK Dons, it was gonna be £25 but we suggested £15/£17 and we will give you Turnbull to make up the difference.

I heard it was that we'd give £35 + Turnbull to make up the difference.

pastythegreat

i for one will remmeber the positives and his brilliant performance in the checkatrade final. that overhead kick clearence will remain long in the memory

ok maybe the only positive but still life is short, be happy
I think whoever is buying him asked MR if he had any footage of him playing? MR just sent that clearance from 6 different camera angles and said yeah, he's really good.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Colin Steins Smile

I might be wrong, but I thought MR was really worried about the state of the finances and facing the prospect of having to sell. However, If we can get him off the wage that might reduce the pressure. I'm not sure if it gives MR freed up funds to bring someone else in.....but this could certainly help us keep one of our better players.

Terry Gibson's perm

I think whoever is buying him asked MR if he had any footage of him playing? MR just sent that clearance from 6 different camera angles and said yeah, he's really good.

Or sent them images of the Davies Willis and Mac Donald and hoped they didn’t notice

pastythegreat

I might be wrong, but I thought MR was really worried about the state of the finances and facing the prospect of having to sell. However, If we can get him off the wage that might reduce the pressure. I'm not sure if it gives MR freed up funds to bring someone else in.....but this could certainly help us keep one of our better players.
Get Kyel Reid out too and it'll be a massive help. Gotta be 2 of our highest earners

Captain Dart

This is the best news of 2018 so far. A club somewhere in the land is desperate need of a useless left footed central defender.

Whoever found a buyer needs a bonus in his/her January pay.

Ahem... don't you mean a really great left footed defender.. .

steve82

i for one will remmeber the positives and his brilliant performance in the checkatrade final. that overhead kick clearence will remain long in the memory

Unfortunately 1 solid 90 minutes in 46 appearances isn't enough to wipe away some of his horror displays he gave over 9 months.

It's fair to say this was a bad signing.

Londonccfcfan

Don't understand all the hate towards Jordan, I thought he was decent centre back in a very very average/shit team. Didn't have the luxury of Doyle/Kelly shielding in front of him.

YEs was outstanding in both the Semi final and final of Checkatrade.

He will end up playing at a very decent standard. Possibly higher level than McDonald ever will. Although I hope not. I personally wish 99% of all ex Coventry players the best of luck in their futures.

Apart from of course Craig Bellamy.

stevefloyd

I used to have a tenant who was a midget...she was short!!

Hobo

What an absolutely shit signing he was. Can't get rid fast enough

But at the time most people thought he was a good signing. Transfers are always 50/50 it seems even when you pay money. Frees 30/70 and out of contract 10/90. The second figure being the shit odds.

Londonccfcfan

But at the time most people thought he was a good signing. Transfers are always 50/50 it seems even when you pay money. Frees 30/70 and out of contract 10/90. The second figure being the shit odds.
He came into a fast sinking ship. When he arrived we were already in bottom 4 and hadn't won in our first 5/6 games.

covcity4life

Unfortunately 1 solid 90 minutes in 46 appearances isn't enough to wipe away some of his horror displays he gave over 9 months.

I dunno. Slade got us relegated not turnbull. Look at grimsby currently. Hes shocking

torchomatic

I'd actually forgotten all about Turnbull.

Terry Gibson's perm

I forget what he was like the only thing that comes to mind was he couldn’t kick it far and wasn’t brilliant in the air or brave but excellent otherwise

Londonccfcfan

Stevo have to disagree with you there. Seems like Jordan Turnbull been made a huge scapegoat for our performances or lack of last last year.

There was shocking performances all over the pitch last year.

Terry Gibson's perm

Stevo have to disagree with you there. Seems like Jordan Turnbull been made a huge scapegoat for our performances or lack of last last year.

When you look at players like burge I wouldn’t say he has improved much just found his well would turnbull have done the same?

steve82

I dunno. Slade got us relegated not turnbull. Look at grimsby currently. Hes shocking

Ouch....
managers reach there sell by date. His time has come it seems. Had a good 12/13+ years as a L1/L2 firefighter manager with unattractive but effective football.

Don't think we need to go over old ground here.

Hobo

I'd be surprised if anyone in this country was buying him. MLS maybe?

Well he has played 19 games this season at a higher level than us. Rumour is off to Northampton. He was a disappointment here but not to say he won't go on to better things?

pastythegreat

Don't understand all the hate towards Jordan, I thought he was decent centre back in a very very average/shit team. Didn't have the luxury of Doyle/Kelly shielding in front of him.

YEs was outstanding in both the Semi final and final of Checkatrade.

He will end up playing at a very decent standard. Possibly higher level than McDonald ever will. Although I hope not. I personally wish 99% of all ex Coventry players the best of luck in their futures.

Apart from of course Craig Bellamy.
Listen, Jordan.
What you think of yourself is miles away from how the fans see you. You, along with Kyle Reid, played one decent 90mins of football over the whole season and played a part in our relegation, you then jumped shipped to become part of the worst defence in one of the worst league's in the country. If you can't cut it in Scotland then let's just face it, you ain't got it (Kevin Kyle looked good in Scotland ffs).
For Wembley I'll say thank you. Other than that? Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

Grendel

The problem is though I think we paid a fair slug of cash for him and paid a large wage as well.

He wasn’t that bad no and will have a better career than McDonald who hasn’t the pace for anything above league 2

Londonccfcfan

The problem is though I think we paid a fair slug of cash for him and paid a large wage as well.

He wasn’t that bad no and will have a better career than McDonald who hasn’t the pace for anything above league 2

Completely agree, although I think McDonald can play at League one but will need a quick centre back alongside to compliment him.

HE has great attributes Concrete Rod rate him highly. But Davies and Willis have potential to play higher level.

Users who are viewing this thread