Things that annoy you (16 Viewers)

Robinshio

so the new highway code which give pedestrians priority at junctions

8pm last night, it was pitch black, I was turning into a non lit street
I just about made out the couple and their off the lead labrador, but only very late and just in time spotted their off the lead terrier trailing behind
No reflectors , lights or anything
and then the knob starts to have a go at me for not seeing the little terrier which is lucky to still be alive

FFS have some common sense

chiefdave

so the new highway code which give pedestrians priority at junctions

8pm last night, it was pitch black, I was turning into a non lit street
I just about made out the couple and their off the lead labrador, but only very late and just in time spotted their off the lead terrier trailing behind
No reflectors , lights or anything
and then the knob starts to have a go at me for not seeing the little terrier which is lucky to still be alive

FFS have some common sense
Makes me so mad when people walk dogs off lead. Don't care how well behaved your dog is only needs to be spooked once and that could be it.

NorthernWisdom

Makes me so mad when people walk dogs off lead. Don't care how well behaved your dog is only needs to be spooked once and that could be it.
Equally if you can't control them. Mrs Wisdom is scared of dogs after one bit her and had to be put down, so having three black labs hurtle up to her growling at each other was not a good experience!

Owner of them couldn't understand why I shouted very loudly at both dogs and her; 'they don't bite'. Well, you might know that, I might guess that (but wasn't so sure as they approached at speed!) but Mrs Wisdom certainly didn't know that!

To be clear, don't mind dogs off leads if they obey orders(!) There's a very chilled little terrier we meet quite often on walks that comes and has a sniff, then trots back off to its owner on a quiet call. But get them to that stage before you let them off leads around other people!

Macca1987

So, my dogs getting old and cranky now (bit like his owner) and doesn't really get on with other dogs, so he is always on his lead, so it riles me when other dog owners get upset when their dog is off their lead and runs over and invades my dogs space, they are swiftly sent away

shmmeee

Fucking Telegraph and their shitty headlines.

One yesterday something like “amazing message sent to Coventry academy players in the World Cup” and it was a list of posts from the CT Facebook page!

One on there now “Robins puts valuation on Coventry City star” about Vik. What’s the “valuation”? “Priceless”

Why do I still click on them?

ccfctommy

Ticketmaster.

Bought one ticket to see The Brian Jonestown Massacre next year. Standing ticket is £22.50. not bad, right?

Wrong! There is a £2.80 service charge and a £2.75 handling fee. All of this and I don't even get a physical ticket! I have to download the O2 Academy app and use an e-ticket.

The best part of it is, if I wanted a souvenir ticket it will be posted to me for an extra £2.50. I'm not even sure if they do this before the actual gig!

So yeah, for my e-ticket thingy I paid £28.05. The absolute cheek of it!

Alan Dugdales Moustache

Buying a cup of tea from a cafe, and being given a cup of hot water with a tea bag in it. Have to make the tea myself! I should charge them ! :D
...and it'll be one of those pathetic tea bags on a string, usually. They're bloody annoying.

olderskyblue

Equally if you can't control them. Mrs Wisdom is scared of dogs after one bit her and had to be put down, so having three black labs hurtle up to her growling at each other was not a good experience!

Owner of them couldn't understand why I shouted very loudly at both dogs and her; 'they don't bite'. Well, you might know that, I might guess that (but wasn't so sure as they approached at speed!) but Mrs Wisdom certainly didn't know that!

To be clear, don't mind dogs off leads if they obey orders(!) There's a very chilled little terrier we meet quite often on walks that comes and has a sniff, then trots back off to its owner on a quiet call. But get them to that stage before you let them off leads around other people!
My mate used to keep his dog on a lead, as it was quite fond of biting people. So many times people walked up and, whilst trying to pet the dog, asked does he …. Ouch the nasty bugger.

He just said they should ask before putting their hands towards its face.

I think the dog had bitten 11 people in this way….

hill83

Anxiety. Feel like I've been punched in the chest.

Mentioned this a few times on here, but I highly recommend getting the Headspace App and starting the Basics course and following it through. Well worth the £50 for the year.

My dad used to suffer with panic attacks and anxiety regularly and it’s helped him. I’ve been using it for a couple of years.

LastGarrison

My mate used to keep his dog on a lead, as it was quite fond of biting people. So many times people walked up and, whilst trying to pet the dog, asked does he …. Ouch the nasty bugger.

He just said they should ask before putting their hands towards its face.

I think the dog had bitten 11 people in this way….
Although the people should have asked before trying to pet the dog if it had really bitten 11 people then it should have been muzzled when out on a walk.

olderskyblue

Although the people should have asked before trying to pet the dog if it had really bitten 11 people then it should have been muzzled when out on a walk.
Well, the dog was fine when younger, but it got old and part blind, so when something strange got near it’s face, it reacted. He lives in the countryside, and walked it in not well used places. It was always other dog users, who really should have known better.
he’s a Manc, and I think the Gallagher brothers styled themselves on him :D so basically, it’s their own f***ing fault they got bit :ROFLMAO:

shmmeee

Mentioned this a few times on here, but I highly recommend getting the Headspace App and starting the Basics course and following it through. Well worth the £50 for the year.

My dad used to suffer with panic attacks and anxiety regularly and it’s helped him. I’ve been using it for a couple of years.

Big fan of this. Took me three or four attempts before I got into it, but do it now for ten minutes when I need to refocus as well as every morning and it’s great. Very good for spiralling thoughts.

hill83

Big fan of this. Took me three or four attempts before I got into it, but do it now for ten minutes when I need to refocus as well as every morning and it’s great. Very good for spiralling thoughts.

It’s been a game changer for me over time. Less coming on here pissed up being a bellend as well.

The Power of Now by Eckhart Tolle is worth a read (I listened to the audiobook) as well. Get’s semi religious, or maybe spiritual, not sure of the difference to be honest, at times but if you can get past that it’s good.

Greggs

thatnks buddy, need to make some basic changes first i think. Less beers, more exercise and start to feel good about myself again. It's shit getting old, really does make you realise you only get one go at this life thing ;)

shmmeee

thatnks buddy, need to make some basic changes first i think. Less beers, more exercise and start to feel good about myself again. It's shit getting old, really does make you realise you only get one go at this life thing ;)

Drop caffeine and sugar as well if you can, helps keep you level instead of high and low and helps with sleep which is huge.

Basically just be a perfect human being already! ;)

Greggs

Drop caffeine and sugar as well if you can, helps keep you level instead of high and low and helps with sleep which is huge.

Basically just be a perfect human being already! ;)
Might get some decaf tea and coffee and also cut down to one sugar. Thanks so much mate

Users who are viewing this thread