Things that annoy you (7 Viewers)

Ian1779

people (often politicians) using the term 'grown-ups', to mean adults.

e.g. we need some proper grown-up thinking.

grown -ups is a term used when talking to children, or by children.

uisng terms like 'leave it to the grown-ups' when addressing adults makes you sound like a dick.
Used by a group of ‘adults’ that simply perceive themselves to be better than others.

ccfctommy

people (often politicians) using the term 'grown-ups', to mean adults.

e.g. we need some proper grown-up thinking.

grown -ups is a term used when talking to children, or by children.

uisng terms like 'leave it to the grown-ups' when addressing adults makes you sound like a dick.

This has never once annoyed me, but now I have read your reasoning it annoys me! 😂

OffenhamSkyBlue

The snowflakes saying that James Cleverly's (Foreign Secretary) comments about LGBTQ+ visitors to Qatar should be respectful of their customs and laws were "tone deaf" to the rights of the LGBTQ+ community.

OK - to whoever (not just LGBTQ+ people): GO to any country in the world and CARRY ON as if you were at home in this wonderful, inclusive, accepting country of ours, and DO NOT respect your hosts' laws, customs and traditions, and IGNORE the advice given to you by the FCDO designed to keep British subjects safe while abroad. SEE WHERE IT GETS YOU!!

If you don't think the world cup should be in Qatar, campaign to FIFA not to do it again, but don't try making a statement while you are in Qatar, for goodness' sake.

NorthernWisdom

Rail replacement services.

Not just them, but the coaches using up all the short term spaces to park in outside the station.

Anyway, a long, long argument with the woman 'policing' the spaces resulted in me leaving my car in one anyway to fetch my ticket as there were no signs to tell me otherwise.

Safe to say I hope the train actually runs tomorrow mind you, so I don't have to face her again!

Nick

Administrator
What's that energy drink kids are losing their heads for? Absolute morons.

Just so they can post on tiktok they have some.

SkyBlueSoul

Taking 10 minutes to get a beer at the Anecdote before Rotherham, and I don't mean the queue I mean from actually getting served. Part of it was because it was a new barrel so they delegated to another member of staff to pull the initial foam and serve me, fine. This went on for a while until one of the more senior bar staff pointed out they'd poured more than enough away and if they just tilted the cup it wouldn't be so frothy (pint pouring 101).

Poured 3/4 of a pint and left it on the side to settle, at which point another member of staff picked it up and poured it to take to someone else! Had to get the attention of the person who initially served me who at this point just went and got me a pint. Nearly 18 months that place has been open and some of the staff still can't do the basics it seems.

fernandopartridge

The snowflakes saying that James Cleverly's (Foreign Secretary) comments about LGBTQ+ visitors to Qatar should be respectful of their customs and laws were "tone deaf" to the rights of the LGBTQ+ community.

OK - to whoever (not just LGBTQ+ people): GO to any country in the world and CARRY ON as if you were at home in this wonderful, inclusive, accepting country of ours, and DO NOT respect your hosts' laws, customs and traditions, and IGNORE the advice given to you by the FCDO designed to keep British subjects safe while abroad. SEE WHERE IT GETS YOU!!

If you don't think the world cup should be in Qatar, campaign to FIFA not to do it again, but don't try making a statement while you are in Qatar, for goodness' sake.
Give it a rest, Qatar is playing host to a world cup.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

thekidfromstrettoncamp

Went into Mc Donalds Walsgrave yesterday.A Mercedes parked in the Yellow hatched area in front of the doors. Presume that the new parking area for Mercs.Poor guy with a builder truck with a generator on the back trying to get turned showed he had what it takes to pass his test .

ovduk78

Traffic lights that seem to be on timers rather than by sensors for approaching vehicles. I go past a Tescos to work way before it is open & regularly have to stop at a red light when there's no traffic to come out.

And whilst I am on about driving how quick do some people think their reactions are as they drive 10 foot behind the car in front. I was caught in a tailback for over an hour last week for an accident where I'd be surprised if the driver survived. When I got through it despite what drivers had just seen they were back up the arse of the car in front. Fucking idiots!!!!

Nuskyblue

+1 on trains.

I have no idea how a train to Sheffield can cost more than a plane to most places I've ever flown to in Europe. Also whenever I get a train there are invariably no seats and I have to stand next to the toilet which 9 times out of 10 is an assault on all of my senses.

wingy

+1 on trains.

I have no idea how a train to Sheffield can cost more than a plane to most places I've ever flown to in Europe. Also whenever I get a train there are invariably no seats and I have to stand next to the toilet which 9 times out of 10 is an assault on all of my senses.
Planes have tax breaks .
Possibly less in terms of infrastructure , not necessary oversubscribed.

JAM See

'IMHO'

Fuck off!

Do people have dishonest opinions?

Mcbean

Basically the news is fucked - Nothing more than character assassinations

and while I am into assignations 🤣 Radio 2 for putting Scott Mills on in the afternoon - dire bland twat in love with himself

Users who are viewing this thread