Things that annoy you (25 Viewers)

Gazolba

I'm annoyed with myself for being annoyed at this as lots of good causes get supported but I'm increasingly sick of folk doing stupid sponsored challenges or what amounts to an adventure holiday we'd all like to have the time and money for. Instead of raising money by hiking up Mount Kilimanjaro or cycling backwards to Paris, playing snooker nonstop for 24 hours etc why not do something useful like a two week beach clean or graffiti removal. I think I would be more impressed.
YES, I've been saying this for YEARS. Why walk for a charity, when you could instead expend your energy doing something that's actually useful.
I vote for litter clean-up.

Nick

Administrator
Why would you want cables coming out the front you absolute monster!?
Underneath so I can hide it. :)

To plug a cable in I have to undo it, take it off the wall and get everything undone to redo it. Only wanted to plug in a usb

Gazolba

Personally, it annoys me when I'm in a shop and someone asks me "Can I help you?" or the new variations "Are you doing Ok?" and "Are you finding everything you're looking for?".
I was in shop the other day and I was asked three times "Are you doing Ok?".
The only result was it made me leave the shop earlier than I intended to, and I'll be reluctant to go back.

Gazolba

Underneath so I can hide it. :)

To plug a cable in I have to undo it, take it off the wall and get everything undone to redo it. Only wanted to plug in a usb
You need to mount it on the wall on a large hinge, so you can just swing it out and then back.

Marty

When people make flat screen TVs for wall mounting. Why are the connections all on the back?

I learnt this the hard way too, absolute pain in the arse. Just plug as much in as possible to start with and just leave the cables behind the tv and you can pull down as and when needed.

tommydazzle

When people make flat screen TVs for wall mounting. Why are the connections all on the back?
I've got a generation monitor for my solar panels. It has a flat base for standing on a shelf. Guess where the mains plugs in? That's right in the base! I have to stand it astride a block. It was made in Germany - I thought they were renowned for their engineering and design.

covmark

Christ. This not only signifies the terrible decline of the music industry but also how far people will go to push diversity onto every aspect of culture.

I don't know one of his songs. I'm not his target market but aren't headliners supposed to be massively known artists?
Indeed. It's Glastonbury attempting to be 'relevant'.
Fuck off and put some actual headliners on to headline.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Nick

Administrator
Christ. This not only signifies the terrible decline of the music industry but also how far people will go to push diversity onto every aspect of culture.

I don't know one of his songs. I'm not his target market but aren't headliners supposed to be massively known artists?
He's getting a little too big for his boots

fellatio_Martinez

Personally, it annoys me when I'm in a shop and someone asks me "Can I help you?" or the new variations "Are you doing Ok?" and "Are you finding everything you're looking for?".
I was in shop the other day and I was asked three times "Are you doing Ok?".
The only result was it made me leave the shop earlier than I intended to, and I'll be reluctant to go back.

I hate this too. It's a blatant opening for a sales pitch.

There's a cosmetic shop called Lush and they're utter demons in there. It's quite small yet there's usually 5-6 girls stalking their prey. Below is a totally true exchange I had with one last Christmas.

Enter shop.

Girl: Welcome! Can I help you find what you're looking for?

Me: Hi, I'm okay thanks. I'm just looking for a gift for my sister in law.

Girl: Awesome! What does she like, baths or showers?

Me: I don't know. It's okay though, I'll just take a look and see what I can find.

Girl: Sure! So do you want something gift wrapped?

Me: No

Girl: (air of desperation) It's so cold today isn't it?

Me: Yeah it's freezing. (walking away)

Girl: Y'know we have moisturiser for dry skin. Does the cold effect your skin?

Me: Haha no, honestly I'm fine.

Girl grabs my hand and rubs bright green moisturiser on it. At this point I think either she's trying to hit on me or she's mental. Girlfriend walks in and sees me getting my hand rubbed vigorously by keen girl.

I use this as an excuse to leave but the girl latches onto my girlfriend and ends up selling her a massive bar of soap for £30 that she didn't even need.

ccfctommy

I think Stormzy is an odd choice to headline. Not my cup of tea but is he really a big enough name? I guess he wasnt the first choice.

Anyway, theres hundreds of other acts you can watch if your there. Don't think its anything to fo with diversity. Just what is popular nowadays.

ccfctommy

Also its a Friday night. No different than Ed Sheeran headlining.

Radiohead headlined on the Saturday that year I believe.

fellatio_Martinez

Also its a Friday night. No different than Ed Sheeran headlining.

Radiohead headlined on the Saturday that year I believe.

There's a massive difference.

Ed Sheeran is shit but he had the biggest album of the year and set all kinds of records. Everyone knows his songs. He's accessable. Whereas this Stormzy guy raps about being in gangs and stabbing people and grime is a niche genre aimed at a certain sub culture of society.

If you think this isn't a calculated decision based on diversity then you're naive at best.

tommydazzle

Ed Sheeran is shit but he had the biggest album of the year and set all kinds of records. Everyone knows his songs. He's accessable. Whereas this Stormzy guy raps about being in gangs and stabbing people and grime is a niche genre aimed at a certain sub culture of society.

If you think this isn't a calculated decision based on diversity then you're naive at best.
Ed Sheeren was also a diversity box ticking exercise to include more gingers.

Reactions: vow

ccfctommy

Glasto has a long history of 'controversial' headliners. Remember the furore when Jay Z was announced? Noel Gallagher even said sais he shoulden't do it. Despite him not doing anything decent in years. Kanye West too. Some people were even pissed about Metallica. A heavy metal band surely cannot headline Glastonbury!?

It's a popular music festival. Stormzy and grime, like it or not, is popular. Not aware about him rapping about stabbing people either. Generalisation much?

Last edited:

dutchman

People who smile all the time. Why can't they be miserable like the rest of us?
landscape-1542360239-im-a-celebrityget-me-out-of-here-trailer.png

Reactions: vow

fellatio_Martinez

It's a popular music festival. Stormzy and grime, like it or not, is popular. Not aware about him rapping about stabbing people either. Generalisation much?

No it's not popular. It's a sub culture for urban yoofs and not made for middle class toffs in a field in Somerset.

But whatever fam. No need to cry over it.

Users who are viewing this thread