The need to respect everybody's point of view (1 Viewer)

skyblueiom

I just thought I'd start this thread because it saddens me seeing supporters of our club reduced to the bickering and name calling brought about by what SISU have done.

Personally, I am firmly anti SISU - they have brought the club to its knees, they are liars, they are deceitful, they have no respect for the club or its fans, and frankly while theyre here, I believe, the club will die an agonising slow death. I can certainly see why the majority see everything they do in a negative light.

However, those with a contra view deserve their voice too, without ridicule or name calling. As many have said, its a discussions forum, and without differing views it would be a pretty boring place. Maybe their point of view revolves around the fact that the owners will be here for a long time yet and need to find some positives out of this awful situation, maybe we should all be a bit more glass half full - although where CCFC is concerned its certainly not easy.

So why not lets all take a deep breath and think for a minute, let the red mist settle, before diving in and attacking fellow fans who at the end of the day want the same as everyone - a successful CCFC playing football in Coventry.

Samo

I just thought I'd start this thread because it saddens me seeing supporters of our club reduced to the bickering and name calling brought about by what SISU have done.

Personally, I am firmly anti SISU - they have brought the club to its knees, they are liars, they are deceitful, they have no respect for the club or its fans, and frankly while theyre here, I believe, the club will die an agonising slow death. I can certainly see why the majority see everything they do in a negative light.

However, those with a contra view deserve their voice too, without ridicule or name calling. As many have said, its a discussions forum, and without differing views it would be a pretty boring place. Maybe their point of view revolves around the fact that the owners will be here for a long time yet and need to find some positives out of this awful situation, maybe we should all be a bit more glass half full - although where CCFC is concerned its certainly not easy.

So why not lets all take a deep breath and think for a minute, let the red mist settle, before diving in and attacking fellow fans who at the end of the day want the same as everyone - a successful CCFC playing football in Coventry.

I believe that is the view of almost everyone on this forum including myself. But if you refuse to join in with the rabid mob who blame them for everything up to and including the Gaza crisis, you get called a SISU fan, its bloody ridiculous!

Last edited:

skyblueiom

I believe that is the view of almost everyone on this forum including myself. But if you refuse to join in with the rabid mob who blame them for everything up to and including the Gazza crisis, you get called a SISU fan, its bloody ridiculous!

Gazza only has himself to blame

bigfatronssba

I believe that is the view of almost everyone on this forum including myself. But if you refuse to join in with the rabid mob who blame them for everything up to and including the Gaza crisis, you get called a SISU fan, its bloody ridiculous!

So you don't agree with name calling but certain posters are part of a rabid mob?

BackRoomRummermill

I am afraid that that will never happen, getting a balanced view by everyone is going to be impossible. There is no reason to swear at people or cyber abuse them as someone did last night , it should be limited to banter anything else could be grounds for taking legal or civil action. Just a quick reminder to those who pass abuse on any social site, once you have sent or posted it .... it cant be taken back

Hobo

I have to say I have had little abuse despite posting some strong views. I think if you go round dishing it out or even start retaliating, you bring it on.

If you try and post sensibly I think most give you some respect. I've had some apologise too and given a couple out....there will always be misunderstandings/differences of opinion football is a passionate subject.

Otis

Fuck off twat face!

smoo310pusb

Are you saying fans are blaming SISU for the Gaza crisis? This is the most pathetic sentence I have ever read on a football forum. Words have now fucking lost me.

:eek:

Samo

Are you saying fans are blaming SISU for the Gaza crisis? This is the most pathetic sentence I have ever read on a football forum. Words have now fucking lost me.

:eek:

I was being sarcastic. :sarcasm:

Frisky blue

Now I am beginning to understand the mentality of the sisu apologists, they are idiots, plain and simple, like this one, claiming any one who is anti sisu, belongs to a rabid mob, who blames sisu for every thing, up to, and including, the Gaza crisis.
What a fucking plank! To use one of NIck's retorts, show us where at any time sisu have been blamed for the Gaza crisis. I do not expect any condemnation from NIck either, regarding that cretinous post.

Samo

Now I am beginning to understand the mentality of the sisu apologists, they are idiots, plain and simple, like this one, claiming any one who is anti sisu, belongs to a rabid mob, who blames sisu for every thing, up to, and including, the Gaza crisis.
What a fucking plank! To use one of NIck's retorts, show us where at any time sisu have been blamed for the Gaza crisis. I do not expect any condemnation from NIck either, regarding that cretinous post.

Words fail me...

Last edited:

Frisky blue

I was being sarcastic. :sarcasm:[/
That was not sarcasm you moron, you have just debased the human tragedy that is occurring in Palestine. You ought to be fucking ashamed of yourself, but then people who appease sisu do not have a conscience or morals.

Nick

Administrator

Why would it be condemned? It isn't abusive? I also suspect the gaza comment was exaggeration / sarcasm?

You are the one getting abusive calling people idiots etc?

duffer

It wasn't the Gaza crisis, it was the Gazza crisis. Can't you read?!

And it was SISU's fault. Everyone knows Gazza had been off the bottle for years, then he bumped into Tim, spilt his pint, and before you know it all of the usual threats of legal action etc. tipped poor old Gazza back over the edge. He says that it's not true that he's been picking on Ysrael by the way - Zuniga and Gazza have been neighbours and friends for years. It's just a misunderstanding, like.

Samo

I was being sarcastic. :sarcasm:[/
That was not sarcasm you moron, you have just debased the human tragedy that is occurring in Palestine. You ought to be fucking ashamed of yourself, but then people who appease sisu do not have a conscience or morals.

You must be one of the most remarkably stupid individuals ever to post on here.

Sky Blue Kid

Nothing at all wrong with debating, it's the sarcastic piss taking that pushes my buttons. There's no need for it on any forum. As for retaliating...If it wasn't for the shitty sarcasm/piss taking, nobody would retaliate..Would they?

skyblueiom

Cant quite believe my thread to try to stop the ill feeling and nastiness has descended into chaos already.

i give up!

mark82

I believe this is a good example of what the OP is talking about.

letsallsingtogether

SBK will feel insulted now,

Is good though how a happy-clappy, lets all be friends and respect each others views immediately turns into shouts of "Sisu apologists" and the like.

Never expected that to happen!
The problem sisu are hated that much by the majority that they will now get the blame for everything.

Fucin right too I say O:)

bigfatronssba

The problem is so many believe in a right to an opinion/action but only for one group.

Best example, I think those that attend Sixfields are wrong and are prolonging our stay there.

I will then be accused of being devisive and not respecting others right to attend Sixfields.

The outcome of that would be that people have a right to attend Sixfields but I'm not allowed to have an opinion on that.

How is that fair?

bigfatronssba

I believe this is a good example of what the OP is talking about.

Samo has no issue with name calling though so no offence will be taken.

Nick

Administrator
The problem is so many believe in a right to an opinion/action but only for one group.

Best example, I think those that attend Sixfields are wrong and are prolonging our stay there.

I will then be accused of being devisive and not respecting others right to attend Sixfields.

The outcome of that would be that people have a right to attend Sixfields but I'm not allowed to have an opinion on that.

How is that fair?

Because you saying it is divisive, the same as if somebody said "everybody on the hill is wrong and causing more damage than good". It is their view, but it is still divisive isn't it?

People do have a right to do whatever they want, but when they started having a go at others because they have different views then it is divisive. Whether it is because they are going into games or standing on the hill.

bigfatronssba

Because you saying it is divisive, the same as if somebody said "everybody on the hill is wrong and causing more damage than good". It is their view, but it is still divisive isn't it?

People do have a right to do whatever they want, but when they started having a go at others because they have different views then it is divisive. Whether it is because they are going into games or standing on the hill.

So your saying everyone is entitled to a view so long as it's not divisive?

Big Brother is watching.

Samo

Samo has no issue with name calling though so no offence will be taken.

No I don't... you twat :eek:

I am no more offended by anything FriskyBlue says than I would be by a dog barking at me through the window of a parked car.

Last edited:

italiahorse

Going into Sixfields was always going to be a divisive action, particularly as they are the minority.
The majority made their decision for the simple reason that if they stay away it will force someone to do something.
Yet a few go in and effectively null their actions.

RFC

Each to their own, we'll be back at the Ricoh (temporarily) within in weeks anyway.

RESPECT & GOOD MANNERS COST NOTHING!

italiahorse

Each to their own, we'll be back at the Ricoh (temporarily) within in weeks anyway.

RESPECT & GOOD MANNERS COST NOTHING!

How about you respecting our decision not to go in ?
In fact how about you giving it a go at going with the majority vote one week.
If it gets no reaction then you can tell us so.

"If your not part of the solution then your part of the problem"

Users who are viewing this thread