most Important 3 points for a few years not just this season (1 Viewer)

Evo1883

It’s amazing how this has turned around , at one point when we were losing at Mansfield it felt like we were almost dead and buried , but 4 points later and hopefully 3 Saturday will see us (winning our game in hand ) In touching distance of the top 3 again .

And with our run in , you would have to on paper back city to push for the automatics .

Lose Saturday and I still think that playoffs is where we will finish .

Unreal how it’s changed , have to go at Lincoln Saturday as they couldn’t deal with it at Sincil bank .

Win Saturday city will finish 3rd

Lose Saturday I predict a 4 th placed finish

We can do it PUSB

ajsccfc

Points-wise we'd not have been too far away whatever happened but it felt like so long without a win this could be perfect timing, especially with all the home games now to capitalise on.

I give most of the credit to Skyblueruffian for his 'tic toc Robins' thread halfway through the last match.

GaryJones

A very big ask to get into the top 3 - however a play-off place looks more realistic.

Esoterica

For me the Barnet game is the key match to find out if we've really turned a corner. If the midfield lines up as it did for the first 15 minutes at Mansfield and we are direct and aggressive then I believe we can do something special in the run in. Team spirit and momentum are massive at this point in the season. If that massive hole between the midfield and strikers remains against the lower teams though then I think we are just battling for 6th/7th because we will continue to drop too many points to battle it out with Exeter and Wycombe for 3rd spot.

Otis

I still think automatics are a bridge too far.

Need to have a fantastic finish to the season to achieve it and also for a team or two to have a wobble.

It's an 8 point gap. Would take around 5 wins in a row to make up that I would say.

clint van damme

Need to have a fantastic finish to the season to achieve it and also for a team or two to have a wobble.

It's an 8 point gap. Would take around 5 wins in a row to make up that I would say.

I would agree. Though we have a decent run in.
The teams around us look to have more difficult fixtures between now and the end of the season. The question isn't whether they will drop points, it's whether we can keep picking enough up, tall order.

Liquid Gold

Last night gives faint hope. Had we lost it would have been 14 points and you can all but mathematically call it off. Now we're 8 points with a game in hand you never know. Beat Lincoln on Saturday and that will be them almost out of it and Mansfield might find things tricky now, Notts county have been slipping for a a while. Things go our way on Saturday and we could be 5 points off with a game in hand.

Otis

I would agree. Though we have a decent run in.
The teams around us look to have more difficult fixtures between now and the end of the season. The question isn't whether they will drop points, it's whether we can keep picking enough up, tall order.
Yep. Need to keep winning and hope they drop points.

5 wins in a row for us would equate to 15 points obviously.

Wycombe are 8 points ahead in 3rd. Mansfield 6 points ahead in 4th. Accrington are 11 points clear in 2nd.

So, assume we win 5 in a row and bag 15 points. Wycombe in 3rd in those 5 fixtures would need to only win 2, draw 1 and lose 2 to secure 7 points.

Already 8 clear, us winning 5 in a row and their only winning 2 out of 5 would have us neck and neck on the same points.

I know it isn't just about 5 games in a row, there's 12 games to achieve that turnaround, but just wanted to show how difficult it is.

If there were 15 or 16 games left I would have a lot more faith, but with only 12 left it's a massive, massive ask.

MusicDating

Euro 2016 Prediction League Champion!!
Yes last night was a huge win and I have more hope now but it's still a big ask to climb back up.

Bookies (betvictor) currently have us 20/1 top 3 finish. And 6/5 top 7.

stevefloyd

We always leave ourselves a mammoth task not impossible but if history does repeat itself as it has on countless occasions we do well raise hopes the shoot us all in the foot or feet ....sadly but please please please let's reverse this trend

Otis

We can't get carried away on the back of one single win.

Let's see if we can win 3 or 4 in a row, or go unbeaten for the rest of the season.

1 defeat doesn't mean season over and by the same token, 1 win doesn't mean automatic promotion.

smileycov

Facebook User
we do have a game in hand though, sadly against Luton , but have beaten them already. That would make a massive difference in regards run in.

smileycov

Facebook User
we do have a game in hand though, sadly against Luton , but have beaten them already. That would make a massive difference in regards run in. Wycombe have lost 2 in a row, so wobbles will happen. We have hopefully had ours. I do think we have a very favourable run in. Depends on winning all 3 home games coming up. That i think will be the biggest indicator of finish position.

shmmeee

Play offs will do.

We have a 100% record at the New Wembley.

For the good of the club though, I wonder if long term we’d be better storming the league next season than squeaking up this year. Go up with some real positivity about the club.

Moot point though because we’d be just as likely to fall away to 17th next year if we didn’t get promoted this.

Liquid Gold

Rivals are playing one another most weeks which will give us an advantage as there will always be teams dropping points. I hope Luton win all (but one) of their games, they play Stanley on the 10th which could drop them back into the mix.

During March Mansfield have:
Stevenage away
Lincoln home
Colchester home
County away
FGR away
Stanley away

All without a manager.

ccfcricoh

Unfortunately 12 games left is enough time for us to get within a couple of points of autos and then completely screw it up and finish 8th.

Long way to go yet - but i think everyone agrees 7 points from 3 home games and we'll be happy in a couple of weeks time

Otis

Rivals are playing one another most weeks which will give us an advantage as there will always be teams dropping points. I hope Luton win all (but one) of their games, they play Stanley on the 10th which could drop them back into the mix.

During March Mansfield have:
Stevenage away
Lincoln home
Colchester home
County away
FGR away
Stanley away

All without a manager.
I'm sure a lot of those teams still have managers don't they?

Otis

Unfortunately 12 games left is enough time for us to get within a couple of points of autos and then completely screw it up and finish 8th.

Long way to go yet - but i think everyone agrees 7 points from 3 home games and we'll be happy in a couple of weeks time
Agree and 1 of those wins really needs to be against Lincoln in order to put some distance between ourseleves and them.

Liquid Gold

I'm sure a lot of those teams still have managers don't they?
giphy.gif

Captain Dart

Consistency is what's needed, we just can't keep the form it comes & goes.

no_loyalty

If Doyle can stay yellow card free for the next few games, and we can grind out wins against teams in the bottom half of the league, then we will be there or thereabouts come the end of the season

Dimi_Konstantflapalot

Amazing to think that last night was our first clean sheet in the league since New Year's Day. Defence had let in 10 goals in 7 games, which is far from terrible but clearly had an impact on our form as our goalscoring remained light as it had done all season (9 scored in 7 games, with 6 of those across 2 games v Swindon and Cambridge and 3 penalties as well).

Keeping clean sheets and the defence tight will be crucial to our end of season form, seeing as goalscoring continues (and likely will continue) to be a problem area.

Otis

‘We’ are like a bunch of overtired over emotional toddlers. Lose a game and it’s the end of the world. Win a game and it’s champions league in 3 years.
Yup. One win and it's gone mental again and talk of automatic promotion. :)

ccfcricoh

That's the spirit!
Haha didn't even mean it in a negative/that's what will happen way!

More in the way that there is just a long way to go...

12 games is enough for us to drop to to 15 points behind autos then finish 4th still! (is that better?)

Reactions: JWC

JWC

Haha didn't even mean it in a negative/that's what will happen way!

More in the way that there is just a long way to go...

12 games is enough for us to drop to to 15 points behind autos then finish 4th still! (is that better?)

Ha, that'll do!

steve cooper

Yep. Need to keep winning and hope they drop points.

5 wins in a row for us would equate to 15 points obviously.

Wycombe are 8 points ahead in 3rd. Mansfield 6 points ahead in 4th. Accrington are 11 points clear in 2nd.

So, assume we win 5 in a row and bag 15 points. Wycombe in 3rd in those 5 fixtures would need to only win 2, draw 1 and lose 2 to secure 7 points.

Already 8 clear, us winning 5 in a row and their only winning 2 out of 5 would have us neck and neck on the same points.

I know it isn't just about 5 games in a row, there's 12 games to achieve that turnaround, but just wanted to show how difficult it is.

If there were 15 or 16 games left I would have a lot more faith, but with only 12 left it's a massive, massive ask.
That's exactly what Wycombe have done in the last 5 matches
Mansfield are the form team at the moment along with Accrington, will have to wait and see what Mansfield do now.

stupot07

And that's what I am saying. Wycombe win only two out of five and us win all five just to get on level terms with them.

Massive ask just to reach parity.
Yeah and in our last 5 we have won 1, drawn 1 and lost 3 and in those 5 games we've only scored 1 from open play, the other 3 goals were all pens.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Grendel

‘We’ are like a bunch of overtired over emotional toddlers. Lose a game and it’s the end of the world. Win a game and it’s champions league in 3 years.

It’s probably because the club hasn’t really gone on a sustained run of form all season. It’s very much been highs in beating the promotion contenders followed by a dire defeat to Forest Green.

Few draws just a win followed by a loss.

Londonccfcfan

It’s amazing how this has turned around , at one point when we were losing at Mansfield it felt like we were almost dead and buried , but 4 points later and hopefully 3 Saturday will see us (winning our game in hand ) In touching distance of the top 3 again .

And with our run in , you would have to on paper back city to push for the automatics .

Lose Saturday and I still think that playoffs is where we will finish .

Unreal how it’s changed , have to go at Lincoln Saturday as they couldn’t deal with it at Sincil bank .

Win Saturday city will finish 3rd

Lose Saturday I predict a 4 th placed finish

We can do it PUSB

Changes very quickly in his league.

After our dire away form who would have predicted 4 points from Mansfield and Wycombe! Factor in the Sending off and going a goal down immediately its been a great few days.

Salvaged a very poor month. Main thing is stopped the rot!

Adge

It’s silly talking about automatics, let’s just put that one too bed right now. Lets just make sure we get over the line into the playoffs.

Users who are viewing this thread