The need to respect everybody's point of view (4 Viewers)

Nick

Administrator
How about you respecting our decision not to go in ?
In fact how about you giving it a go at going with the majority vote one week.
If it gets no reaction then you can tell us so.

"If your not part of the solution then your part of the problem"
So you are saying people must do things like you to respect your decision just because more people think that?

I can totally see why people won't go in, I can understand why people stand on the hill. I haven't abused any of them but random people on social media feel it's ok to act like morons with billy big balls talk because I have been in. They
It works both ways, if people have a go at people on the hill for not going in its no different.

letsallsingtogether

Sorry but respect is not free you earn respect I don't expect and you don't deserve it.
Not sure what side you are really on because all the posts you do are deliberately done to cause arguments.

turlykerd

I was being sarcastic. :sarcasm:[//QUOTE]
That was not sarcasm you moron, you have just debased the human tragedy that is occurring in Palestine. You ought to be fucking ashamed of yourself, but then people who appease sisu do not have a conscience or morals.

holy moly......if you take the humorous sarcasm out of SBK all your left with is the constant repetitive "SISU apologist.. CCC lovers ACL blah blah blah"

i think you can sometimes loose the humour within the text because its typed and not spoken.

also, its not abusive to disagree...there's many hundreds of people who use this forum and although were all massive fans of CCFC we are all individuals and hold a variety of views.

its not abusive to say "i dont agree with going to sixfeilds ", unless you end the sentence with "you massive cunts"

just like its not outrageous to say" i go to every home game" , unless you finish with "and everyone who doesn't is a dick"

and also, lets be honest, this is an invisible internet forum....i wonder how many of the abusive people on here would have the nuts to say
anything to my face ???

anyway, were all from coventry, so were all twats !!

Monners

OK - if 100% of people did just the one thing then no divisoin. If any percentage of those same people then do something different to the others, then you now have two subsets and therefore division.

Having an opinion of those actions (either way) is not being divisive, it is merely having an opinion.

Example a two party democratic election. Differences in voting are divisive by their very nature - not any opinion on the reasons why people have/may vote(d).

Notice that I chose not to mention Sixfields, Sisu, ACL etc.. in any of the above - in order to not appear to be divisive.

Nick

Administrator
OK - if 100% of people did just the one thing then no divisoin. If any percentage of those same people then do something different to the others, then you now have two subsets and therefore division.

Having an opinion of those actions (either way) is not being divisive, it is merely having an opinion.

Example a two party democratic election. Differences in voting are divisive by their very nature - not any opinion on the reasons why people have/may vote(d).

Notice that I chose not to mention Sixfields, Sisu, ACL etc.. in any of the above - in order to not appear to be divisive.

Nobody has said thinking differently is divisive, abusing somebody because of it is.

italiahorse

So you are saying people must do things like you to respect your decision just because more people think that?

It works both ways, if people have a go at people on the hill for not going in its no different.

No I'm saying he has no respect for people staying away, in fact he is taking the piss.

In a democracy, don't people accept the majority view whether they agree with it or not ?

As for the hill it's irrelevant and confuses the real issue. I don't really know what they are achieving if there are no cameras there.

Nick

Administrator
No I'm saying he has no respect for people staying away, in fact he is taking the piss.

In a democracy, don't people accept the majority view whether they agree with it or not ?

As for the hill it's irrelevant and confuses the real issue. I don't really know what they are achieving if there are no cameras there.

If he has a go then he is no different.

Samo

Well at least your honest!

Well I wasn't being entirely honest Ron, nobody enjoys being slagged off but it doesn't really bother me either. If you look at the abusive tirade I got from friskyblue earlier, its quite easy to see why people bite back. And if you so much as question the 'popular view' you are fair game it seems.

Monners

Nobody has said thinking differently is divisive, abusing somebody because of it is.

I was just thinking this one through Nick. I don't agree - if someone dolling out abuse is it divisive? - I don't think it is merely being abusive. Expressing an opinion in an appropriate fashion, as well as just thinking it, is not divisive - The actions taken as a result by groups who share that opinion may well cause division - the opinions themselves don't unless acted upon- That is my understanding of how a basic democracy works - in my opinion of course.

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

So therefore you staying away is irrelevant because you're not on camera?

Monners

Give everyone respect, you shouldnt have to earn it, the other side to that is once you lose it its hard to get back.

I agree with this. I treat everyone with respect whether I know them or not, unless they give me a pretty good reason not to, thn I ignore thme if I can - and I expect the same in return. Maybe that is why it has taken time to get used to using a forum. :(

Samo

I agree with this. I treat everyone with respect whether I know them or not, unless they give me a pretty good reason not to, thn I ignore thme if I can - and I expect the same in return. Maybe that is why it has taken time to get used to using a forum. :(

Like your 'fingers crossed' response earlier Monners? Was that necessary or respectful?

Monners

Like your 'fingers crossed' response earlier Monners? Was that necessary or respectful?

Maybe I was merely gently teasing you a little bit, as indeed you were with others, much as I did when I chose to interject with your and MMM's tooing and froing the other day - which you very kindly offered a "like" for. We can all still have a bit of chuckle can't we without losing mutual respect?

lewys33

In-fighting is pointless. It diverts attention from the real issues. The fans should be the ones united. No matter who you blame everyone wants to be back at the Ricoh.

Samo

Maybe I was merely gently teasing you a little bit, as indeed you were with others, much as I did when I chose to interject with your and MMM's tooing and froing the other day - which you very kindly offered a "like" for. We can all still have a bit of chuckle can't we without losing mutual respect?

Fair enough Monners, teasing is fine. And yes your interjection the other day did make me smile.

italiahorse

So therefore you staying away is irrelevant because you're not on camera?

My vote is counted because I'm not there.
Watching on the hill could just be viewed as watching for free unless the protest can be seen.
If the cameras not there, who are you protesting too? The only ones that are in the area are SISU and a few fans that only want to watch football.
It needs to be escalated for me to return, but hopefully this nightmare will soon be over.

Johnnythespider

Sorry but they have, the very act of saying someone's opinion is divisive is in itself a divisive act, an opinion is of course not divisive, actions are, if I say I think those who attend are prolonging our stay but I respect their right to do so, this is an opinion, if i attempt to persuade or physically stop them attending that is divisive.

bigfatronssba

I haven't abused anyone. I merely gave my opinion and you told me I was being devisive.

J

Jack Griffin

In-fighting is pointless. It diverts attention from the real issues. The fans should be the ones united. No matter who you blame everyone wants to be back at the Ricoh.

There wouldn't be this sort of disagreement if SISU had not stolen our club.

Sky Blue Kid

A numerous number of people that post on this forum have the piss taken out of them purely for having a different opinion/non conformation of others opinions. The Thought police(As someone said last week) let posts go that are abusive if it conforms with their way of thinking, and clamp down if it doesn't. And YES! it is my belief as well as some others that Nick genuinely provokes arguments.......@ summerisle....When you evolve and get a brain people might start having some respect toward you.(Sarcasm) I've seen posts you've made on other forums(You haven't changed one iota have you?) Finally, respect IS EARNED not given for free, People don't have to interact with another poster to know whether they are worthy of respect. I more or less knew who weren't worthy of respect with the exception of one or two that have proven me wrong, and which I hold in the highest regard. I've looked on countless football forums, and found that 99% of them have nothing but respect for each other, This forum however is by far and away the worst of them all for inhouse fighting.

Nick

Administrator
A numerous number of people that post on this forum have the piss taken out of them purely for having a different opinion/non conformation of others opinions. The Thought police(As someone said last week) let posts go that are abusive if it conforms with their way of thinking, and clamp down if it doesn't. And YES! it is my belief as well as some others that Nick genuinely provokes arguments.......@ summerisle....When you evolve and get a brain people might start having some respect toward you.(Sarcasm) I've seen posts you've made on other forums(You haven't changed one iota have you?) Finally, respect IS EARNED not given for free, People don't have to interact with another poster to know whether they are worthy of respect. I more or less knew who weren't worthy of respect with the exception of one or two that have proven me wrong, and which I hold in the highest regard. I've looked on countless football forums, and found that 99% of them have nothing but respect for each other, This forum however is by far and away the worst of them all for inhouse fighting.

Surely it depends on what can be judged as abuse? When you start calling people names and they reply and say things back what then?

You have sent me threatening pms on a number of occasions being billy big balls. Now compare that to somebody ribbing you because you said you had famous friends and they said it was the chuckle brothers or something.

If people go around punching people and one day get a harder punch back then it's only fair. Same as when people give grendel stick, he isn't shy at giving stick so you have to judge the situation don't you?

Which posts have been deleted and stuff simply because they aren't agreed with? Go on tell me.

covmark

Surely it depends on what can be judged as abuse? When you start calling people names and they reply and say things back what then?

You have sent me threatening pms on a number of occasions being billy big balls. Now compare that to somebody ribbing you because you said you had famous friends and they said it was the chuckle brothers or something.

If people go around punching people and one day get a harder punch back then it's only fair. Same as when people give grendel stick, he isn't shy at giving stick so you have to judge the situation don't you?

Which posts have been deleted and stuff simply because they aren't agreed with? Go on tell me.

Threatening pm's?? What a hardman. Cracked me up, quality stuff.

LB87ccfc

With all the in fighting on here and in person a few times last season, if we actually channeled it in the right way towards all three parties who are to blame in one way or another for this mess, we might of actually got somewhere by now.

Instead we choose to argue amongst ourselves instead of unite as one.

Sky Blue Kid

@ Nick.....You closed two threads last week, and when asked why the post was locked you went and fucking locked that as well. As for threats..I told you last week you can put up on the open forum what I've said to you I've got fuck all to hide or be ashamed of. You and some other of your"Admin" mates are wankers. @ covmark...You remind me of the little tosser at the back of the gang that eggs others to start fighting, but when it comes near to you, you fucking shit yourself and run....I've seen many like you at HR. Start a fight then run like fuck and leave it to others to finish it. I've got a scar on my left hand from a bike chain off a Wolves fan through wankers like you pal.

NorthernWisdom

I haven't abused anyone. I merely gave my opinion and you told me I was being devisive.

tbf, there are some (plenty of? ;) ) posters I can disagree with on some issues and it generally be a perfectly 'fair' argument, where despite the odd flare-up ;) we can at least agree to differ at the end of it, and so be it. You're one of them.

Some however, are just morons who can't see how they cause the damage they rail against, and fall into the trap of divide and rule. There's a difference between a disagreement and looking for scapegoats in the wrong places.

covmark

@ Nick.....You closed two threads last week, and when asked why the post was locked you went and fucking locked that as well. As for threats..I told you last week you can put up on the open forum what I've said to you I've got fuck all to hide or be ashamed of. You and some other of your"Admin" mates are wankers. @ covmark...You remind me of the little tosser at the back of the gang that eggs others to start fighting, but when it comes near to you, you fucking shit yourself and run....I've seen many like you at HR. Start a fight then run like fuck and leave it to others to finish it. I've got a scar on my left hand from a bike chain off a Wolves fan through wankers like you pal.

Brilliant stuff, keep it coming.

Hobo

Because you saying it is divisive, the same as if somebody said "everybody on the hill is wrong and causing more damage than good". It is their view, but it is still divisive isn't it?

People do have a right to do whatever they want, but when they started having a go at others because they have different views then it is divisive. Whether it is because they are going into games or standing on the hill.

Divisive:
causing a lot of disagreement between people and causing them to separate into different groups. Full Definition of DIVISIVE. : creating disunity

Lots people have posted "no one likes SISU idiot" or something similar. SISU started all this nonsense and dilemma around Sixfields, attend, go on hill, stay away.

In my mind if anyone is guilty of being divisive it is SISU.

Sky Blue Kid

@ covmark, I'm sorry, I didn't mean fib, I meant mistake...You know what one of those are don't you covmark? It's that thing you do, everytime YOU open your mouth.

skybluetony176

I don't buy this divisive line any more. It indicates that there is a large number of people who disagree with the majority. I no longer believe that to be true. We've now had a protest from within Suxfields and Jan has said that he reckons that 70% of those offered an A4 sheet took one. Badger has pointed out he couldn't take one as there was non left and Jan has confirmed that they did run out. So what does that leave? A fringe element, at best. I suggest everyone stops using the word divisive it no longer applies. Unless you are in the fringe element or want a fringe element so you have someone to argue with about something that doesn't exist. I will however continue to try to educate Nick on the merits of protesting even if it's like nailing custard to walls ;)

Users who are viewing this thread