The need to respect everybody's point of view (2 Viewers)

Nick

Administrator
The only reason I mentioned democracy etc, is not everyone agrees on everything, so some one who voted Labour has every right to say "see, I was right" when Tories mess it up. Agreed? Same with every other scenario.

That's all I'm saying, if the majority or minority are proved wrong, the minority or majority have to hold their hands up and say that they were wrong.

Of course people will always differ, but that isnt what you said which is why I didn't agree. I agree with what you just said, which is why I now agree. :)

Nick

Administrator
@ Nick....You are always defending SISU. When ever anyone (Especially me) have a gripe about SISU, Fisher, Septic, etc,etc. I don't think there is anyone on this forum who "Excuses" SISU more than You, Grenduffy, Torchy, canyouhearthedrums. and half a dozen more. It's pathetic the way you "Come to their aid" at every chance you get.

It depends on the gripe and how it is put across doesn't it? I have never said I approve of anything they have done and "back it". However when somebody says SISU are to blame for me going to the shop and buying my kids a chelsea shirt and a chelsea season ticket then I will say that that is rubbish. ;)

Nick

Administrator
For someone clearly intelligent, you often miss very simple things. What did I say then?

You said:

Surely as a democratic society, those in the minority follow the majority, and then if the majority are proved wrong, the minority can be smug about it?

To me that reads that as this country is democratic then you think that people in the minority should "follow" the majority and if it goes to shit at least they can say "i told you so". I am not sure how that translates to what it finally ended up as. ;)

ccfc92

You said:

To me that reads that as this country is democratic then you think that people in the minority should "follow" the majority and if it goes to shit at least they can say "i told you so". I am not sure how that translates to what it finally ended up as. ;)

You obviously only read that part. Add on the bit at the end of that quote and it's clearly not that.

To be fair to you, maybe follow wasn't the best word. Have to go along with might be better. It's taken 3 or 4 pages but at least you got what I was saying in the end :)

Things are so much easier to explain in real conversation :) if you get what I mean ;)

Nick

Administrator
You obviously only read that part. Add on the bit at the end of that quote and it's clearly not that.

To be fair to you, maybe follow wasn't the best word. Have to go along with might be better. It's taken 3 or 4 pages but at least you got what I was saying in the end :)

Things are so much easier to explain in real conversation :) if you get what I mean ;)

So just say "Why don't people who think the boycott won't work not go in as a test for one game, if it doesn't make a difference they can be smug". Simple and saves messing about doesnt it ;)

ccfc92

So just say "Why don't people who think the boycott won't work not go in as a test for one game, if it doesn't make a difference they can be smug". Simple and saves messing about doesnt it ;)

I over explained it as I thought that would be too blunt :)

Sky Blue Kid

@ fernandopartridge............If you'd read my post right after that one, you'd have seen that I said..."I meant to say I made a mistake" It should have read RIGHT not left. Let's not let facts get in the way of your "Put Down" though eh pal?

turlykerd

@ turlykerd.....I've holidayed quite a lot in Florida over the last 20 years, and up till now(Touch Wood) never been caught in one yet ;)....Seeing as you live in Florida, I'll give you a little clue where I'll be...Polo Trace Golf & CC. You must know where that is.

no idea mate... but north carolina is that bit of florida thats just out the way :whistle::sarcasm::whistle:

Hobo

Had a letter through off some smug MP begging for a vote, was ideal as I needed some paper to light a fire in the garden!

Would of had more respect if you had light the fire in the Houses of Parliament.

shmmeee

If Scotland bugger off it's unlikely Labour will win an election in the near future.

Nonsense.

Scotland would've changed the result of either one or two elections since the war. That's a complete myth.

There's some analysis that suggest more hung parliaments, but to be hoenst no one really knows how the multi party future will pan out. Chances are with Lib Dems and UKIP we won't see another large majority government anyway.

On topic: as usual I think Nick's missing the point on the minority/majority thing.

We're looking for collective action. This is closer to a war than a general election. People talk about the majority simply because if we're ALL going to do something, it's easier to change the smaller number of people's actions than the larger numbers.

It's nothing to do with "the majority is always right" or whatever other strawman keeps being used.

Last edited:

Nick

Administrator
Nonsense.

Scotland would've changed the result of either one or two elections since the war. That's a complete myth.

On topic: as usual I think Nick's missing the point on the minority/majority thing.

We're looking for collective action. This is closer to a war than a general election. People talk about the majority simply because if we're ALL going to do something, it's easier to change the smaller number of people's actions than the larger numbers.

It's nothing to do with "the majority is always right" or whatever other strawman keeps being used.

I'm not missing the point, I'm going by what people say. Of course it makes sense to try and change the smaller number, don't just demand it.

Users who are viewing this thread