St Andrew's it is then (1 Viewer)

usskyblue

Facebook is melting:

‘I’m finished after my first game as a 5 year old 60 years ago, fuck Shitsu, Fuck Birmingham City and all you St Wankdrews scabs I’m done whilst Shitsu own the club‘

cc84cov

Facebook is melting:

‘I’m finished after my first game as a 5 year old 60 years ago, fuck Shitsu, Fuck Birmingham City and all you St Wankdrews scabs I’m done whilst Shitsu own the club‘
It’s a poor place to be that Facebook Uneducated idiots most on there

CCFC54321

I’ll make the lengthy trek to some games at St. Andrews when Covid allows, but with a very heavy heart. Really hope the team entertains us like they did last season, because all the other stuff brings mental pain. My thoughts for what it’s worth are:

SISU – catastrophic misjudgements and incompetence for at least the first 6 or 7 years, notably dropping the offer to the charity from £5m £2m, employing a string of no-hopers to run the club, trying to screw elected politicians for the “unencumbered freehold”, and taking CCFC hostage at Sixfields thinking they were the only game in town. Playing a much better game lately, Joy has become visible and I do like Boddy, but why did it take over 10 years to see the light?

Wasps – a plastic entity that went from a London club to a South East franchise to a West Midlands franchise, and whose fans didn’t do much to stop it. Knowing nothing about club rugby, I thought they had a secure place at the European top table, which at least brought something to the area. But they are sinking into the mire on and off the pitch. Their attempts to impose the indemnity clause on CCFC leave me speechless – how insulting can you get?

CCC – had sympathy for their stance back in 2012 or so, when the option of handing over the keys on SISU’s terms must have been politically impossible. I foolishly assumed there was a plan when they brought Wasps in, with a big buyer waiting in the wings to embrace the stadium and both clubs. That’s still what I’d like to see tbh but there’s so much debt all over the place, personal feuds and such a shitshow, I can’t see it happening. Should have realised there never was a plan.

Somehow, the above parties (+ others) have engineered a situation where a city like Coventry now has two debt-laden sports clubs operating well below elite standard, one barely viable 30,000 seat stadium and another 20,000 one on the horizon. Are people really happy to play in bloody Birmingham and wait at least 5 years for a Lego arena which is even further out of town than the Ricoh, thinking it will be a new spiritual home?

Beginning to think for the first time that Wasps folding is our best hope, and not an unrealistic scenario.
W***ps will be finished and gone out of business withIn the next 12-18 months.

Nick

Administrator
I don't think it would be similar time wise at all

Even far out in cov UBER would be quicker than uber to station thrn train to Brum then UBER or walk to st Andrews

Or straight uber cov to st andrews

I dont think you are far from the Ricoh so the time isn't comparable, like it isn't for me.

Driving to St Andrews, can get there and parked up and in a pub usually in 40 minutes. The only time I have been pissed off is when the M6 has been closed after a night game.

Obviously, I fully understand that not everybody can jump in the car every week and drive over but it's really not as bad as people have made out.

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

Keep right on to the end of the road, keep right on tell the end.

skybluepm2

How long can we keep going in right direction like this though? That's the worry

Prem promotion be really nice powerboat this season lol

yeah, completely agree. Robins is still here and a lot of time and investment has gone in the model we‘ve adopted so he must trust the long term goals of the club. SISU appear to be supporting him with a sensible budget which I imagine shall continue as long as he remains at the helm. But you’re right, this can’t surely be sustainable for another 4/5 years until a ground is built, surely.

Nick

Administrator
Facebook is melting:

He's bang on for a donation to the season ticket fund.

Sky Blue Pete

So if all true City fans just get over themselves, pack St Andrew's every week, what incentive is there for SISU to build a new ground in Coventry? Does Coventry even need a football club?
Yep and that’s completely understood by robins boddy and Seppalla. I cannot say this any more clearly ,

It is st Andrews or no club. I am flabbergasted wasps have turned down probably in the region of £1.5m. Ccc must have promised them something

no_loyalty

Blues fans don't seem too happy with the ground share, now we are in the same division.

cc84cov

Yep and that’s completely understood by robins boddy and Seppalla. I cannot say this any more clearly ,

It is st Andrews or no club. I am flabbergasted wasps have turned down probably in the region of £1.5m. Ccc must have promised them something
What hold do the council have over Wasps ??? 👀👀

Lord_Nampil

Disappointing yes, surprising know not really... tuesdays news really should be our focus long term we need to make sure it’s a plan with tasks in now and fan involvement! Also hopefully within the 5 years suggested!

Nick

Administrator
The council have always had their say and input. I am not sure how people haven't realised this.

Duggins even said himself that if the legals were dropped against the council, they could help CCFC do a deal with Wasps. Nobody asked him how though.

Razzle Dazzle Dean Gordon

There must be something else going on here, how does it make any sense money wise for us not to be playing there, I can’t get my head round wasps stance

I can only assume that they are trying to 'kill' SISU by destroying/devaluing their only vulnerable asset, CCFC. We are caught in the middle of a death struggle between the two.

The 'third party' stuff is very interesting, if it isn't the Council then i'm not sure who else it could be?

Otis

W***ps will be finished and gone out of business withIn the next 12-18 months.
So then the question is, Ricoh a white elephant, or will City change their new stadium plan and go back to the Ricoh?

To me (even though I am biased), it seems daft to have a purpose built , empty stadium just sitting there, while we go off and build another purpose built stadium.

Sky Blue Pete

What hold do the council have over Wasps ??? 👀👀
I think we need to ask freedom of information emails to councillors and formal meetings of representatives with the leaders. I’d love the club to say up yours about the nda too as it looks like it’s not aiding a solution in any case

Malaka

so we wait for our new stadium
giphy.gif

Nick

Administrator
I can only assume that they are trying to 'kill' SISU by destroying/devaluing their only vulnerable asset, CCFC. We are caught in the middle of a death struggle between the two.

The 'third party' stuff is very interesting, if it isn't the Council then i'm not sure who else it could be?

Killing CCFC doesn't kill SISU. People seem to get that mixed up.

They also forget about Wasps being involved with takeover plans.

Reactions: AOM

Sky Blue Pete

So then the question is, Ricoh a white elephant, or will City change their new stadium plan and go back to the Ricoh?

To me (even though I am biased), it seems daft to have a purpose built , empty stadium just sitting there, while we go off and build another purpose built stadium.
How long do we hold out though?

torchomatic

Watch yourselves. SISUs agents are all over social media. Probably on here too.

You have been warned.

Screenshot_20200724_202140_com.twitter.android.jpg

samccov1987

Disappointed we’re not back in Coventry but not surprised. In a season that starts behind closed doors and with Wasps bond due I think we will be in an even better bargaining position next season whether L1 or Championship.

Whilst I have my doubts whether Warwick Uni will ever materialise I also think it’s feasible which again strengthens our hand.

Signings so far have been good and if we’re sensible with the budget I think we have both the opportunity to stay up but also without running into significant debt. Rivals may start next season with points deductions and a correction in the market is due especially with the effects of Covid.

Understand that not everyone can make St Andrews not just due to distance but mid week games can be a mare with work and kids school. But if you can’t go by a vpn and I follow so club gets some revenue.

We’ve had a decent spell on the pitch in recent years let’s keep it going.

shmmeee

I think we need to ask freedom of information emails to councillors and formal meetings of representatives with the leaders. I’d love the club to say up yours about the nda too as it looks like it’s not aiding a solution in any case

FOI won’t override an NDA. There’s more loopholes in FOI than ... something with an awful lot of loopholes.

Users who are viewing this thread