St Andrew's it is then (4 Viewers)

Evo1883

Can see robins walking at some point, he wants us back in cov desperately this is a fucking joke all parties can fuck off, they have all had a hand in this

He won't, he would already have done so

Nick

Administrator
Can see robins walking at some point, he wants us back in cov desperately this is a fucking joke all parties can fuck off, they have all had a hand in this
Regardless of what you and the other chuckle brother come out with, don't you think he would be there seeing how the council and wasps are fucking us over? He has had enough digs about it.

Evo1883

You are assuming majority of fans have time for travel and money for Brum. I don't think its always that simple

I got chewed out(maybe rightly so) for not understanding unemployment. So maybe we shouldn't dismiss £6 as nothing for people or families is what i mean

Again, you are reaching and giving me examples which impact fans going to football matches anyway in an ordinary situation.

I will once again clarify, going 20 miles isn't impossible for most people, it's an inconvenience and you choose to go or not, going to Truro as Grendel stated would be an impossibility for most fans and much more than an inconvenience.

If you are ( unemployed, disabled, 5 years old and the only city fan in the house) I already know that it's hard for you to get to St Andrews

Grendel

You are assuming majority of fans have time for travel and money for Brum. I don't think its always that simple

I got chewed out(maybe rightly so) for not understanding unemployment. So maybe we shouldn't dismiss £6 as nothing for people or families is what i mean

It’s also time and effort - it’s not just about money

SkyBlueDom26

Regardless of what you and the other chuckle brother come out with, don't you think he would be there seeing how the council and wasps are fucking us over? He has had enough digs about it.
Yeah I’m not saying they aren’t fucking us over so don’t start with that bollocks, I’m just worried he’ll get fed up of sharing with brum

Nick

Administrator
It’s also time and effort - it’s not just about money

It depends where you live really and people's circumstances.

It will be the same effort for somebody living in Holbrooks to get to St Andrews than it would for somebody right over the other side of the city to get to the Ricoh.

cc84cov

He’s pretty much bought into the project. Outside of this club his record is mediocre - he’s really got nothing to gain by leaving
Money ? Bigger fan base ? Bigger transfer budgets ? None of this nonsense with grounds etc ?

Grendel

Money ? Bigger fan base ? Bigger transfer budgets ? None of this nonsense with grounds etc ?

He really won’t be first in wish lists outside of here

Evo1883

It depends how much you want it and that’s it let’s be real mate here

You have to state the fact homeless people, people in hospitals waiting for operations and 3 year olds can't attend matches too, because that adds confusion

Paxman II

Well I'm shocked tbh. Really could not see a scenario where an agreement could not be made to the benefit of all sides. But if the imdemnity is such a barrier regardless of recieving much needed rent from CCFC, and much needed revenue on match days for the F&B contractors there must be something they are not telling us.
The positive is a season at Brum with an excellent pitch and that garnered spirit to prove we can do it with all games being 'away' from home may just produce some very good results. I urge fans now we are in a 'proper' league to make the effort a few miles more, support our football club as they need you more than ever. Please don't take the attitude of "until we are in Cov I'm not going". That now is irrelevant.
As for WASP yes they can survive without us but I'm really not so sure how long and wonder if this is not a commercial mistake on their part.
The Ricoh could still be in play once the EC decision is handed down, yet there is no mention of this? I would say the timing of a plan to build a stadium at Warwick Uni was a strange one and may even have contributed to the talks breaking down. Why? Beacuse if I was informed by CCFC can we use you for the next 5 years, but we are leaving you then and taking our business elsewhere, I wouldn't be too happy. SISU would have required everything be assignable to any new owners too, reaping the benefit of being back at the Ricoh and with plans for a new stadium, making the club more attractive to purchasers. But it works both ways, WASP surely losing out on substantilal revenue by not agreeing. Perhaps when the EU verdict is known, and clears the council of any wrong doing WASP and CCFC can quickly get a deal done that they have just departed from, having all the dots and t's crossed.
As a footnote we should demand all references to CCFC be removed from the Ricoh. And if the verdict is to condem the council I think SISU will be in a strong position. Can you imagine getting promoted? Wow if MR's pulled that off we would have the money to build that stadium guaranteed, and in quick fashion for A 35k capacity. One can dream a little right?

NorthernWisdom

He’s pretty much bought into the project. Outside of this club his record is mediocre - he’s really got nothing to gain by leaving
You of all people should be aware his star's at its highest atm! A bad season and it doesn't matter about budgets, he'll be seen as somebody who can't cut it at this level.

That being said, I agree with the first part. I think he'll stay barring a silly offer, and it's unlikely the clubs in a position to make those would be targeting him.

cc84cov

We have underwritten wasps out of any cases why do the council want this if their innocent ?

Weird

jim20

It’s abundantly clear now that Wasps and the council are more at fault than SISU this time around. I feel the Northampton move hadn’t happened the way it did, more fans would be on the clubs side in this and would see how much damage Wasps and the council are doing to the club.
Now is the time to back the club more than ever. If we can increase attendances at Birmingham, and do well in the championship and the new stadium does happen this could set us up for a bright future. (My personal opinion on the stadium is with the uni backing it, it is likely to be more realistic then when Fisher was talking about it)

covcity4life

Again, you are reaching and giving me examples which impact fans going to football matches anyway in an ordinary situation.

I will once again clarify, going 20 miles isn't impossible for most people, it's an inconvenience and you choose to go or not, going to Truro as Grendel stated would be an
It depends where you live really and people's circumstances.

It will be the same effort for somebody living in Holbrooks to get to St Andrews than it would for somebody right over the other side of the city to get to the Ricoh.

I don't think it would be similar time wise at all

Even far out in cov UBER would be quicker than uber to station thrn train to Brum then UBER or walk to st Andrews

Or straight uber cov to st andrews

cc84cov

There must be something else going on here, how does it make any sense money wise for us not to be playing there, I can’t get my head round wasps stance
Maybe wasps want us back & it was sorted but the council want immunity and we won’t give it them as they under sold the ground & know they will be hit for big damages ?

Evo1883

I don't think it would be similar time wise at all

Even far out in cov UBER would be quicker than uber to station thrn train to Brum then UBER or walk to st Andrews

Or straight uber cov to st andrews

It takes me 25 minutes to get to the ricoh and around 30 minutes to get to St Andrews from South cov

CCFC54321

What's the grand plan then? If CCFC fall by the wayside as well as Wasps. There is a delapidated stadium declining in value with no tenants and an exhibition hall suitable for only pretty small events.
The Ricoh is turning into a dump. Seats faded, PA system like a 1950’s pontins camp site, walls cracking due to subsidence, The place in need a good clean over on the stadium roofing, rusting posts, paint markings faded and a pitch that has seen more moles than Groundsman.

My mate said the rats wear overalls when entering the Ricoh. I laughed but I’m thinking his right.

clint van damme

If our plan is to play in Birmingham until a new stadium is agreed and built, then I'm not sure we'll survive it. Easy to put a brave face on this when we've just won the league, but if we spend all year getting smashed at St Andrew's, it's going to get pretty bleak pretty fast.

Worst of all, we're preventing thousands more potential new fans from watching the best City team in a decade. Just fucking miserable all round.

Brighton were exiled from Brighton for years, they haven't come out of it that bad. Doesn't mean we will but it can be done.

shepardo01

There must be something else going on here, how does it make any sense money wise for us not to be playing there, I can’t get my head round wasps stance
Council involved mate (3rd party). Won't deal with Sisu out of spite (and possiblyshitting themselves about EU complaint). They hide behind Wasps but CCFCs statement implicates them regarding wanting damages if THEIR sale to Wasps is deemed to be dodgy.
Why should CCFC pay damages for that.

Users who are viewing this thread