So, Reice Charles Cooke... (3 Viewers)

H

Huckerby

Our defender (Haynes?) is between RCC and their defender. There is no tug that I can see

772ef6d7536f907857168adc017a36ba.jpg

ba1ae3272f1aae5950d633e5a6eea7be.jpg

fc61383356bd1b4f583a5a602365219b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

screenshot with a potato

stupot07

I've watched it 10 times I can't see it. Even if he did he should have done better. I like him, I don't want him dropped but he had been making mistakes and he made one today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Otis

I think as CC4L has said, the arm is round the back of Haynes, so the TV angle would not be a very good angle at all in that circumstance.

stupot07

That's the only angle we have. Even if he gets a tug, he should do better, he should yank his arm away, exaggerate the foul, etc.

StevieM

I've watched it 10 times I can't see it. Even if he did he should have done better. I like him, I don't want him dropped but he had been making mistakes and he made one today.
Well I've watched it over and over and from the very first it's clear that the forward has hold of the goalies arm round the back of Haynes. Makes no odds anyway because Philiskirk has a free head to the ball, RCC adjusts back to the line after when he then tangles with Haynes and the number 9, if he'd have stayed put then he would have been able to get something on the header.
Philiskirk had been impeding him all game for every corner, Phillips had been having all sorts of problems as the marking player, RCC was letting the ref know as well but he wasn't interested.
Shit happens they have to get over it, didn't do enough at the opposite end to win the game.
Bring on Port Vale. PUSB RIP JH

Last edited:

Grendel

That's the only angle we have. Even if he gets a tug, he should do better, he should yank his arm away, exaggerate the foul, etc.

The defence as a whole should have done better - shambles

Hobo

The two most formidable warriors are patience and time.
Tolstoy.
At times our league position flatters us, but lets remember where we were last year.

higgs

5 points out of the next 5 games and we are on target for the playoffs wit 15pts every 10 games

letsallsingtogether

RCC is a much better keeper. Burge has just been very lucky his mistakes haven't led to goals.

Sent from my LG-D405 using Tapatalk

You make your own luck he has cost us the points in the last 2 games.
Sorry but he is starting to believe his own hype.
he has made exactly the same mistake in the last 2 games thought he was supposed to learn from it the fist time.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Its hard to see but I'm pretty sure its there, not surprised the referee hasn't spotted it though as it subtle. Haynes is blocking the view of the foul from the camera shot for most of it, you can just see it for a second here

3c0b136effde3d6a20be81677c8fe48f.png

I had to watch it slowmo 10-15 times to be sure but you can see there striker fairly clearly has his right arm on Charles Cook left wrist in this picture

Hobo

Its hard to see but I'm pretty sure its there, not surprised the referee hasn't spotted it though as it subtle. Haynes is blocking the view of the foul from the camera shot for most of it, you can just see it for a second here

I had to watch it slowmo 10-15 times to be sure but you can see there striker fairly clearly has his right arm on Charles Cook left wrist in this picture

Let's be honest every corner is a pushing and shoving match.....I think you are weakening your own case now.

Otis

You make your own luck he has cost us the points in the last 2 games.
Sorry but he is starting to believe his own hype.
he has made exactly the same mistake in the last 2 games thought he was supposed to learn from it the fist time.

Sorry, but don't buy this make your own luck. Against Burton, Burge was gotten out of jail by either his defence or the inability of their attackers to take advantage of all the dropped catches.

In what way did Burge 'make his own luck' there?

letsallsingtogether

Sorry, but don't buy this make your own luck. Against Burton, Burge was gotten out of jail by either his defence or the inability of their attackers to take advantage of all the dropped catches.

In what way did Burge 'make his own luck' there?
You are the one who said he was lucky?

At the end of the day RCC has cost us 4 points in the last 2 games.

Nick

Administrator

You can see him stopping him getting over to save it there

Macca

Excellent, everything is ok as long as people stop picking on us. I thought it was our utter lack of creativity but it's a relief to know otherwise

Otis

You are the one who said he was lucky?

At the end of the day RCC has cost us 4 points in the last 2 games.
Yes I did. He was lucky to get away with the mistakes he made. They could have quite easily cost us goals. Because they didn't doesn't make him any better than RCC.

The only way anyone can justify this argument of RCC being worse because he has cost us goals is if Burge wasn't make just as bad, if not worse, mistakes.

Burge made loads of mistakes, but was just lucky they didn't result in goals.

If Burge drops a catch but the forward fails to take advantage of it, that is not Burge making his own luck.

lifeskyblue

I'm not going to say one keeper is better than the other but the fact is that on here people were critical of burge on crosses and not commanding in his area. Exactly the same can be said of RCC last couple games. In last three games mistakes by RCC have led to goals that have turned two winning positions and one draw into 2 draws and a loss. We have lost 5 points in three games down to goalkeeping mistakes.
Yes we could have been more creative or taken chances etc that would have meant the errors didn't matter. Perhaps the confidence of the players in RCC's ability is not as great as it was...again a criticism of burge was that the defence had little faith in him.
Seems to me we have two fairly inexperienced keepers both with qualities and frailties. Are they good enough to see the team promoted this season? I'm not convinced!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Londonccfcfan

He should have saved that goal full stop. Ball practically looped in...absolutely awful. He looked off balance, mistimes a jump. Needs to be stronger.

Mentally he bottled it he was under pressure and was left flapping.

cannot bring myself to watch it over and over again. As it gets worse!

The alleged tug...is something he has to deal with at every set piece.

we need him to take a rest now, as he will single handedly de rail our promotion charge.

hes one for the future not for the now!

Otis

He should have saved that goal full stop. Ball practically looped in...absolutely awful. He looked off balance, mistimes a jump. Needs to be stronger.

Mentally he bottled it he was under pressure and was left flapping.

cannot bring myself to watch it over and over again. As it gets worse!

The alleged tug...is something he has to deal with at every set piece.

we need him to take a rest now, as he will single handedly de rail our promotion charge.

hes one for the future not for the now!
Yes, the ball did practically loop in and he inexplicably went for it with one hand, while the other arm was down by his side.

That all points to what RCC was saying and what TM believes too.

It was either the worst goalkeeping blunder humanly possibly, or he was indeed fouled.

stupot07

Excellent, everything is ok as long as people stop picking on us. I thought it was our utter lack of creativity but it's a relief to know otherwise

Complete agree Macca.

stupot07

Yes, the ball did practically loop in and he inexplicably went for it with one hand, while the other arm was down by his side.

That all points to what RCC was saying and what TM believes too.

It was either the worst goalkeeping blunder humanly possibly, or he was indeed fouled.

Even if he was fouled he needs to be stronger, he needs to rip his arm away, or exaggerate the foul. He did neither.

I don't want him dropped, I don't think Burge is better but he should have done better with the goal, foul or not. Can you imaging their player doing that to Joe Murphy?

Otis

Even if he was fouled he needs to be stronger, he needs to rip his arm away, or exaggerate the foul. He did neither.

I don't want him dropped, I don't think Burge is better but he should have done better with the goal, foul or not. Can you imaging their player doing that to Joe Murphy?

No I agree. I am just simply saying he was fouled.

MusicDating

Euro 2016 Prediction League Champion!!
No I agree. I am just simply saying he was fouled.

He was. Watched it back a number of times this morn and you can just see the attacker grabbing RCC's left arm, which explains the odd off balance attempt to save.

Clever from the striker and naive from both Haynes for letting him get near RCC and RCC himself for not shaking him off.

TM has warned us it wouldn't be all sweetness and light with a young team. Next 3 games are a big test for them.

Otis

He was. Watched it back a number of times this morn and you can just see the attacker grabbing RCC's left arm, which explains the odd off balance attempt to save.

Clever from the striker and naive from both Haynes for letting him get near RCC and RCC himself for not shaking him off.

TM has warned us it wouldn't be all sweetness and light with a young team. Next 3 games are a big test for them.
Spot on.

We can feel a sense of injustice again and it was an infringement, but we need to be both smarter and stronger, otherwise we won't be successful this season.

wingy

We are lacking a little fire in the belly.
The likes of Norwich and Southampton used to mob the referee during their promotion seasons.
We seem to just accept these adverse decisions which are becoming a common theme with a whimper.
Man up City.

Otis

We are lacking a little fire in the belly.
The likes of Norwich and Southampton used to mob the referee during their promotion seasons.
We seem to just accept these adverse decisions which are becoming a common theme with a whimper.
Man up City.
It's nice we're the nice guy, but I don't think it's going to win us anything in the way of success is it.

With that Birmingham game on Friday with the very, very dodgy penalty, I'm sure the ref was swayed by all the appeals from the Birmingham players. The ball clearly hit the defender in the face, but the Brum appeals were so vehement I think that would have convinced the ref it was handball.

higgs

We missed ricketts experience yesterday at the back and his leadership and organisational skills

Perryccfc

Some of the posts on this thread are complete and utter waffle. Anyone who can't see his arm being tugged needs their eyes testing. Hes a very good YOUNG goalkeeper who will make mistakes. However, yesterday he made no mistakes.

They had done their homework and put every corner on his head and surrounded him, and he dealt with it very well.

For a lad so young and with around 20 games played in his career I think he looks very promising. Try bloody supporting the lad rather than slating him.

Users who are viewing this thread