So, Reice Charles Cooke... (4 Viewers)

Covstu

RCC had a decent game today apart from one silly mistake. If we would have won this would not really be mentioned. He had his errors but he will get better and better, need to keep the faith

letsallsingtogether

RCC had a decent game today apart from one silly mistake. If we would have won this would not really be mentioned. He had his errors but he will get better and better, need to keep the faith
Not arguing with that, just that if Burge made the same mistake and even if we had won he would have been ripped apart on here.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Well our best and usual starting 11 usually includes turner, Murphy, Kent and Armstrong so that's 40% of our best starting line up. So I would say yes we are a tad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Turner has only played a handful of games though, he isn't a major reason as to our league position, in the games he has played we've earned 5 of our 39 points and was only ever intended as a stop gap till January anyway. We were doing fine before he came in and no reason to suggest we won't do fine again when he leaves. Players like Ricketts and Stokes have been of much more importance than Turner this season to us.

Murphy is hot and cold, 2 excellent games a handful more of good games and the rest average or poor and since Kent has played all I've seen is people moan that he has no productivity which is a fair criticism.

Its not that much of a stretch to argue that Maddison, JOB and Lameiras playing behind Armstrong is our best front 4. Look at the team who smashed Milwall away 4-0 in what was our most complete performance of the season, only one loan player started, Armstrong who we are actually relying on. Kent and Murphy are good players to have for depth and rotation but they aren't stand out better than our contracted players in that position.

Gazolba

I think it could be more destructive to go up this season and be thoroughly underprepared for next then to build this season, and push properly next.

Absolute rubbish! Why would we 'build' this season for next when next season we will have a completely different team? And what exactly does 'push properly' mean? We have to 'build' every season because every season we have a new team. We need to grab our chance this season and not throw away our good work so far. And we need to strive for automatic promotion not the play-offs.

Astute

Not arguing with that, just that if Burge made the same mistake and even if we had won he would have been ripped apart on here.

Burge rarely came for crosses. But if the ball came into the area where he should have claimed the ball and our opponents scored from the cross people like yourself were saying it didn't matter as it wasn't a mistake by Burge. And most of the time that Burge came for crosses he fucked up. But it didn't matter if they didn't score. RCC takes most crosses. He takes the pressure off our defence. But he needs to learn not to go for crosses he won't make. And yes he made this mistake yesterday. It cost us a point. But if the ref and linesman had done their jobs properly it would have been a different matter. But no. Let's have a go at RCC instead of them.

Calista

Burge rarely came for crosses. But if the ball came into the area where he should have claimed the ball and our opponents scored from the cross people like yourself were saying it didn't matter as it wasn't a mistake by Burge. And most of the time that Burge came for crosses he fucked up. But it didn't matter if they didn't score. RCC takes most crosses. He takes the pressure off our defence. But he needs to learn not to go for crosses he won't make. And yes he made this mistake yesterday. It cost us a point. But if the ref and linesman had done their jobs properly it would have been a different matter. But no. Let's have a go at RCC instead of them.

I think he made the correct judgement to go for the ball yesterday – he just didn’t show enough strength. If he’d stood on his line and let it swing across our 6-yard box, Sharp would probably have scored anyway.

lewys33

RCC is far superior. RCC makes a couple of mistakes and unfortunately for him they have cost us. Burge made multiple mistakes per game and luckily for him (and us) not all of them cost us.

Astute

I think he made the correct judgement to go for the ball yesterday – he just didn’t show enough strength. If he’d stood on his line and let it swing across our 6-yard box, Sharp would probably have scored anyway.

But those that defend Burge couldn't have had a go at RCC if he never went for the cross as the goal wouldn't have been his fault ;)

mechaishida

Absolute rubbish! Why would we 'build' this season for next when next season we will have a completely different team? And what exactly does 'push properly' mean? We have to 'build' every season because every season we have a new team. We need to grab our chance this season and not throw away our good work so far. And we need to strive for automatic promotion not the play-offs.

TM has set out to achieve promotion this season, the signs are there that this can indeed be achieved, so I'm with you on this. I can't think of anything more destructive than getting so far in a season and then losing out on promotion. Who knows if TM would stick around for another slog in League One next season?

TM is doing his utmost with such a restrictive budget; one or two more quality additions to the squad, send Cole back to Villa and we should be set.

As long as we don't get Williamson as ref too often, we'll be doubley set...:D

We need to stick with RCC. He's learning all the time and will only get better for making these mistakes. Agree to an extent that Burge was unfairly dropped but can't hide the fact that I feel more comfortable with RCC in goal.

rob9872

But why are people only comparing rcc with burge? They're the 2 we currently have but a comparison with other keepers shows us weak in that area imo

letsallsingtogether

And others were putting it down to Oggy being a shit coach and should go.

You need to read what I am saying that is they are not treated the same?
I am not saying that Burge is a better Keeper then RCC as that would be crazy.
As for sticking up for Burge yes I am guilty of that as I stick up for most City Players.

wingy

Turner has only played a handful of games though, he isn't a major reason as to our league position, in the games he has played we've earned 5 of our 39 points and was only ever intended as a stop gap till January anyway. We were doing fine before he came in and no reason to suggest we won't do fine again when he leaves. Players like Ricketts and Stokes have been of much more importance than Turner this season to us.

Murphy is hot and cold, 2 excellent games a handful more of good games and the rest average or poor and since Kent has played all I've seen is people moan that he has no productivity which is a fair criticism.

Its not that much of a stretch to argue that Maddison, JOB and Lameiras playing behind Armstrong is our best front 4. Look at the team who smashed Milwall away 4-0 in what was our most complete performance of the season, only one loan player started, Armstrong who we are actually relying on. Kent and Murphy are good players to have for depth and rotation but they aren't stand out better than our contracted players in that position.

Couldn't agree more personally.

covcity4life

But why are people only comparing rcc with burge? They're the 2 we currently have but a comparison with other keepers shows us weak in that area imo

I've not seen many opposition keepers that seem much better than Rcc this season? Maybe crew keeper but who knows if that was just an 1 off inspired display

IrishSkyBlue

Facebook User
TM doenst have the luxury keep swapping between them find out who be better imo hes young made one or two mistakes hell learn if he messes up next 2 games then ya put burge back in but i feel he will get better as we go.

dongonzalos

Needs another season on loan. So much potential
What is Joe Murphy doing.
Why does TM think that GK is not worth spending money on?

dongonzalos

Only thing TM got very wrong but this has to highlight it now

I remembered been surprised when he said I would rather spend the cash elsewhere than in a goalie.
If he knows one is going then fair enough. However if Cole, Murphy, Kent, Biggi, fleck, madders JOB are staying for the season. Then be brave let one go and use the wages on an experienced calm keeper. Don't get me wrong RCC has so much pitential. However this season is too important his mistakes need to made elsewhere.
He is making these mistakes when we are dominating imagine if we become under the cosh.

Grendel

I remembered been surprised when he said I would rather spend the cash elsewhere than in a goalie.
If he knows one is going then fair enough. However if Cole, Murphy, Kent, Biggi, fleck, madders JOB are staying for the season. Then be brave let one go and use the wages on an experienced calm keeper. Don't get me wrong RCC has so much pitential. However this season is too important his mistakes need to made elsewhere.
He is making these mistakes when we are dominating imagine if we become under the cosh.

Dominating? Are you having a laugh? We were dire. We sat back, playing cole and Bigiamara proved suicidal. By the end we were virtually with 10 men. Phillips should never have let the header come in and was culpable with his defending for the chance that led to the corner.

We were very very poor.

dongonzalos

Dominating? Are you having a laugh? We were dire. We sat back, playing cole and Bigiamara proved suicidal. By the end we were virtually with 10 men. Phillips should never have let the header come in and was culpable with his defending for the chance that led to the corner.

We were very very poor.
We're you suppose to be replying to my comment to sick boy on the other thread. This answer is for that comment I think. Use your other device . You are Grendel at the moment and I am talking about needing an experienced goalie on this thread.

Nick

Administrator
We're you suppose to be replying to my comment to sick boy on the other thread. This answer is for that comment I think. Use your other device . You are Grendel at the moment and I am talking about needing an experienced goalie on this thread.
Wasn't he replying to you saying about dominating?

lifeskyblue

I thought Bigi played quite well. Not as good going forward as fleck but did play some cracking long balls. Madders was wrong option to bring on...lameries should have been on for Coke at h/t imo.
RCC has made too many costly mistakes...5 points last three games.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chipfat

Oggy, need to do some work with him, his decision making is poor at the moment and is costing us points. He is young and has shown instinct to be a very good GK but at the minute he is not ready for week in week out 1 st football at the top end of L1.

He needs to learn patience if he is not involved in the game he should keep his concentration, after making a top save he got over excited and went for a ball he was never 100% confident of getting. He needs time and games at a team that are not in our position, mistakes in the last few games do not make him a bad keeper but he nees to learn them somewhere else if TM is serious about promotion.

Last edited:

dongonzalos

Read the comment on the other thread where I was talkjng to sick boy about us ahnilating teams. Sick boy is talking about us been poor and we should be worried about other teams.
This thread I was talking about replacing RCC with an experienced goalie

dongonzalos

“If we are being honest and realistic I would, ideally, like to add a more experienced goalie around the training ground to compete with him. But, again, that comes down to finance and if it’s not a real priority to me – I am happy enough with Burge why would I spend a percentage of my budget on a goalkeeper who isn’t going to play?

“I’d rather spend it on a centre-forward or midfield player or wherever I want to strengthen. If we need to go into the loan market if Burge gets injured we’ll have to see, but I am not going to sit here and spend money on a No.2 goalkeeper, if that makes sense.”

Chipfat

Maybe, but always has to remark about Bigi, the lad is not Fleck not even the same type of player. And he is certainly no GK, so Gren should give it a rest with his constant jumping on the him. RCC has made mistakes today as he has last few games that is what the topic is about.

Sky Blue Pete

He was fouled
How can it not be good enough excuse if he was fouled and couldn't save it how can he be castigated for it!! Bloody hell

covcity4life

It was sloppy. Not really poor perhaps
Ford thalf we had 70% possession

2 d half tho I dunno why we didn't go for a 2nd. At 1 nil it's a dangerous game to invite pressure. Smacked of pressley coventry

Nick

Administrator
Read the comment on the other thread where I was talkjng to sick boy about us ahnilating teams. Sick boy is talking about us been poor and we should be worried about other teams.
This thread I was talking about replacing RCC with an experienced goalie

Erm.

Wasn't that what was being replied to? In this thread? Bit of some lame attempt to try and say somebody else has a couple of accounts?

Grendel

Maybe, but always has to remark about Bigi, the lad is not Fleck not even the same type of player. And he is certainly no GK, so Gren should give it a rest with his constant jumping on the him. RCC has made mistakes today as he has last few games that is what the topic is about.

I didn't say Bigiamara had a bad game - I said the decision to play him and cole was madness - as neither can play for 90 minutes.

Also when we see the goal again it' will be proved the keeper was not in error.

Chipfat

You always find a way of remarking about Bigi no matter topic is my point. He is not rated by you and if he has a decent game his fitness is not up to standard, if he has a good game it doesn't make him a good player and if he is poor its because your judgement is right on him. That is my point and the more you post about him the more you prove my point, always find something on him.

Back handed compliments, when really the question today is about the responsibility for the goal Phillips and RCC should take or even the TM.

Last edited:

dongonzalos

Erm.

Wasn't that what was being replied to? In this thread? Bit of some lame attempt to try and say somebody else has a couple of accounts?

If it was then fair comment. Still believe he has though and I tell him. So I am not normally that lane about it.
Unlike suggesting someone else works for the council or a PR company without saying it

PVA

I don't like to be proved right on this, but another poor showing by him.

Anyone still think he's the greatest keeper in the world?

Users who are viewing this thread