So, Reice Charles Cooke... (3 Viewers)

Hobo

RCC is our number 1 keeper and rightly so. However some of our fans were over critical of Burge. RCC has a weakness of just coming for everything regardless of the situation. A neutral commentator spotted it within 45 minutes of play...yet some of our fans can't admit it..because they want to be so right about Burge who is indecisive.

Somewhere between the two lies a very good keeper...or maybe 2!!!

Astute

Just to say that Burge was hounded out before he'd even made any mistakes.

If you hadn't seen Burge make any mistakes you didn't see him play many times.

covcity4life

This is the point I was making in the OP though. I didn't start the thread to slag off RCC.

Just to say that Burge was hounded out before he'd even made any mistakes. But RCC is at fault for a couple and people say relax he's a keeper he will make mistakes.

It's crazy how people have such contempt for Burge but are happy for RCC to make mistakes without criticism.

You are an idiot if you cannot see why mowbray and most fans prefer rcc. Few mistakes won't mean you are right I am afraid

Last edited:

stupot07

3 mistakes in the last 2 games is a worry. I like the lad but I think we now need to look for an experience keeper if we have any promotion ambitions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

covhead1

Even Joe Hart has bad games.

We should stick with RCC he's shaping up to be a really good goalie.

sw88

Chief Commentator!
He might have been at fault, but he's still miles better than Burge. If we were to replace him it would have to be for someone outside of the club coming in.

Think I had Burge's brother in front of me today, he had so much hatred for RCC! Even suggested he was 'going to look for the bloke' who I'm presuming must have disagreed with him prior to the game on his view of RCC. Only a kid bless him; don't think he ever actually intended 'looking for' the other bloke :laugh:

He still fills me with much more confidence that Burge, so I'd stick with him. Keepers always make errors throughout their career, young or old.

sw88

Chief Commentator!
So, we had a keeper who was a bit jittery and was making mistakes. We then replaced him with another keeper and we immediately looked tighter at the back. That keeper has now cost us a couple of goals, so the answer according to some is to drop him and bring back in the other keeper who was making mistakes too.

I think that is an absolutely genius idea!

Sent from my LG-D405 using Tapatalk

CCFC way of thinking. To go with the CCFC DNA (as no doubt Pressley would be considering this change as an option too, and he was all for the DNA)

rob9872

He is not above criticism though. Yes he's better than burge, yes he's young and promising, but I can't understand all this blind faith. There have been mistakes in the games preceeding those in which points have been dropped and mistakes highlighted. So young still for a keeper and taking him out replacing with experience is as much about protecting him whilst he learns his trade, not about having a pop or stifling his progress.

To me, refusing to accept criticism of some is as much a trait of city fans as those who slag off players at every opportunity. We had similar when Bigi was here the first time and with Macca because he too was one of our own despite obvious failings.

mechaishida

Even Joe Hart has bad games.

We should stick with RCC he's shaping up to be a really good goalie.

Exactly, the mistakes he makes are usually due to over-confidence, imo - that can easily be coached out of him as he matures.

Even despite the errors, I trust him more than Burge anyday.

letsallsingtogether

But I understand what the OP means.
Burge made a couple of mistakes and he was shit?
RCC makes a couple of mistakes and that is OK?
Personally I prefer RCC but because people don't like Burge he will not be given a chance, shame really because all the comments on here could be said about ether young man.

Tonylinc

Whether or not RCC is better than Burge is totally irrelevant. Both are young goalkeepers learning their trade and as such both will make mistakes.Both will be very good keepers in the due course of time. The point here is that any team going for promotion needs a strong reliable keeper which the defence can trust.

Grendel

Whether or not RCC is better than Burge is totally irrelevant. Both are young goalkeepers learning their trade and as such both will make mistakes.Both will be very good keepers in the due course of time. The point here is that any team going for promotion needs a strong reliable keeper which the defence can trust.

Burge will never be a good keeper

pusbccfc

RCC has showed signs of a good keeper, but his inexperience has shown in the last couple of games. For me if we are to be real challengers we need an experienced keeper..

It was not just the error today, his distribution was awful.

Calista

Personally I prefer RCC but because people don't like Burge he will not be given a chance, shame really because all the comments on here could be said about ether young man.

That is pretty much how I see it. But I agree with those who say that we need an experienced keeper – IMHO we’re not doing RCC or Burge any favours by putting so much spotlight on them in a crucial season. Young keepers always make plenty of mistakes, and I dare say TM would like an older head but is taking a calculated gamble by spending the limited money on outfield players.

btw – how much did you have to pay for your sponsorship on this site? There always seems to be a page on every thread called “Last”.

letsallsingtogether

That is pretty much how I see it. But I agree with those who say that we need an experienced keeper – IMHO we’re not doing RCC or Burge any favours by putting so much spotlight on them in a crucial season. Young keepers always make plenty of mistakes, and I dare say TM would like an older head but is taking a calculated gamble by spending the limited money on outfield players.

btw – how much did you have to pay for your sponsorship on this site? There always seems to be a page on every thread called “Last”.
You know I always like the last word☺

NorthernWisdom

Personally I'm a firm believer that players only improve if they're given the chance of first team football. Assuming, then, that the manager sees either RCC and/or Burge as long-term options, then they absolutely have to be given the chance, mistakes and all.

PVA

Yes, this is exactly what I was getting at, well said.

Grendel

In your opinion.
Then again you have said that about quite a few of the team.
Must be the reason we are shit

Really? Never said it about stokes, vincelot, Ricketts, vincelot, fleck this season, Armstrong, Murphy (who has been dubbed the laziest footballer we've ever had on here) so who else have I said it about?

letsallsingtogether

Yes, this is exactly what I was getting at, well said.
I said the same last time RCC made his mistake but was slaughtered on here Funny because a player is not liked he is not given a chance.
Personally I like Burge came in when we had no choice and did OK.
People were even saying that Oggy should go because he couldn't coach mistakes out of him.
They are Mistakes how do you coach mistakes out of footballers?

Suppose we could have a single point lesson for each scenario.

chiefdave

Personally I'm a firm believer that players only improve if they're given the chance of first team football.

That's the problem. If we bring in an experienced keeper and RCC is demoted to reserve will it enable him to improve? We could just be putting off the problem.

Will most likely come down to who is available. If, for example, Joe Murphy was available you'd have to seriously consider it. Anyone that is a bit of a punt or has injury problems I wouldn't take the risk.

Calista

Personally I'm a firm believer that players only improve if they're given the chance of first team football. Assuming, then, that the manager sees either RCC and/or Burge as long-term options, then they absolutely have to be given the chance, mistakes and all.

I agree - but then we have to be prepared to accept that it could cost us promotion.

stupot07

I think it could be more destructive to go up this season and be thoroughly underprepared for next then to build this season, and push properly next.

I fear we might to a Swindon next season with our over-reliance on loan players and a large number of players out of contract at the end of the season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

bringbackrattles

We can say what we like about our two keepers,but Mowbray has made it clear that he is sticking with RCC and I can't see him changing his mind as he says keepers make mistakes all the time.

NorthernWisdom

I fear we might to a Swindon next season with our over-reliance on loan players and a large number of players out of contract at the end of the season.

That is indeed a worry.

As it happens, goalkeepers aren't out of contract however, so they're surely in the long term plans and, as such, need to be given the chance to eradicate the mistakes rather than it always being put off until they're past it.

stupot07

Other than Armstrong though are we over reliant on loans?

Well our best and usual starting 11 usually includes turner, Murphy, Kent and Armstrong so that's 40% of our best starting line up. So I would say yes we are a tad.

Users who are viewing this thread