So, Reice Charles Cooke... (3 Viewers)

PVA

Has been directly at fault for 2 goals this season. Burge has been at fault for none.

People wanted Burge out the team 'before he made any costly mistakes'

I assume those same people now want RCC out the team?

Sorry guys but RCC is no better or worse than Burge.

Nick

Administrator
Yeah that was a shocking decision, also if we know or tell him to do that. Why no players on the post

CovLis86

He made a great decision to come out twice earlier in the game that could have saved us a goal...

covcity4life

Played well today bar goal. And Martin did ge tin his way too and obstruct punch. Who's fault I dunno bit I hope mowbray works on it.

Wouldn't change keeper that's for sure

glamour76

Has now cost us 4 points in 2 games. Really hope it doesn't come back to bite us in May. Burge to start against Oldham for me

SkyBlue_Bear83

Burge should be binned off and Charles Cook should be reserve to an experienced keeper. Keeper is a priority in Jan now imo

Ian1779

He's a better keeper than Burge - that's all that is important for me.

chiefdave

He made a great decision to come out twice earlier in the game that could have saved us a goal...

It's difficult, the commentators were singing his praises earlier in the game for not staying on his line. He's young and hopefully will learn. You could place the blame on him but I don't see what point keep chopping and changing will do. Unless we're saying Burge is a better keeper what do we gain by changing again?

Hobo

RCC is better than Burge although some fans were ridiculously harsh on Burge. RCC lives dangerously at times with rash decision making and up until now has rode his luck. I wouldn't hang the defeat on one error though. It was a tight game and one goal was going to win it. Their keeper made a great save off Lamieras.

Sick Boy

RCC is a superior keeper; we should release Burgess in the summer and bring in an experienced number 1 for RCC to be understudy to.

rob9872

Both will be good, but could cost us promotion this season and it could ruin them if they keep making mistakes and crowd get on their back. A few dodgy performances from rcc for me now, but be careful lads when I suggested an experienced keeper in the January window I had astute all over next like a rash! I still think it's as important as a cb.

Otis

RCC is a much better keeper. Burge has just been very lucky his mistakes haven't led to goals.

Sent from my LG-D405 using Tapatalk

SkyBlue_Bear83

RCC is a superior keeper; we should release Burgess in the summer and bring in an experienced number 1 for RCC to be understudy to.

Pretty much what I think it but it should be done in January not the summer, send Burge out on loan if we can't get rid of permanently and have Charles Cook in reserve to an experienced keeper.

covcity4life

Also shouldn't be forgotten that corner came from Kent giving ball away then 2 player putting in piss poor 5050 eltackle efforts. Very disappointing. Not all Rcc fault

Samo

Has been directly at fault for 2 goals this season. Burge has been at fault for none.

People wanted Burge out the team 'before he made any costly mistakes'

I assume those same people now want RCC out the team?

Sorry guys but RCC is no better or worse than Burge.

If you can't see that he's a better keeper than Burge you've no business discussing football.

junglej13

They are both young goalkeepers learning their trade. Both will make mistakes. At this level all goalkeepers will make mistakes. Lets not hound the lad out for making a couple of mistakes.

Nick

Administrator
I do think the defenders know he is going to go for it, so we need a player on each post.

It doesn't excuse his decision making, but it's common sense

Grendel

Frankly if lee Burge is the answer someone is asking the wrong question.

chiefdave

Always worth remembering is that this is L1. You're not going to get fantastic keepers who never make a mistake, even if you do manage to find one they'll be off somewhere better pretty quickly.

Difference is because of their position keepers mistakes get noticed and lead to chances where outfield players can get away with more.

Gazolba

Neither of our GKs are good enough. It's so obvious. And it could well cost us promotion. The GK is the most important position in the team.

Otis

So, we had a keeper who was a bit jittery and was making mistakes. We then replaced him with another keeper and we immediately looked tighter at the back. That keeper has now cost us a couple of goals, so the answer according to some is to drop him and bring back in the other keeper who was making mistakes too.

I think that is an absolutely genius idea!

Sent from my LG-D405 using Tapatalk

PVA

Lets not hound the lad out for making a couple of mistakes.

This is the point I was making in the OP though. I didn't start the thread to slag off RCC.

Just to say that Burge was hounded out before he'd even made any mistakes. But RCC is at fault for a couple and people say relax he's a keeper he will make mistakes.

It's crazy how people have such contempt for Burge but are happy for RCC to make mistakes without criticism.

hill83

All about opinions

True, but that doesn't mean opinions can't be wrong.

Too often people bleat about their precious opinion using it as an excuse to spout their incorrect bollocks.

Last edited:

SkyBlue_Bear83

This is the point I was making in the OP though. I didn't start the thread to slag off RCC.

Just to say that Burge was hounded out before he'd even made any mistakes. But RCC is at fault for a couple and people say relax he's a keeper he will make mistakes.

It's crazy how people have such contempt for Burge but are happy for RCC to make mistakes without criticism.

Because RCC has showed potential and Burge hasn't, really not that hard to understand.

Users who are viewing this thread