Should we be ashamed to go to Northampton? (1 Viewer)

Otis

surely if you were ashamed of the decision then that implies you think yourself it is the wrong thing to do ?

However if having considered the pros & cons you still decide to go the only person you have to justify that decision to is yourself. If you are comfortable with your reasoning then its your choice and shame does not come in to it for that person

others can look at it, question it strongly disagree with it, hope to persuade someone to their point of view - but in the end it is down to personal choice. Yes I fully understand the economic and other arguments but we all make our own choices

The guy who wrote it clear values his time with his kids watching the team they all support more highly than any other consideration - can understand that even if i totally disagree with going to Sixfields. He made his choice, I have made mine and my own lad agrees with it 100% we wont be going to Sixfields

In total agreement with you OSB.

I will try and reason with someone as to why I believe they shouldn't go, but if they won't be swayed then so be it and it's their choice.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
how old are you OSB? could your son be same age a PWKH? hummmmmmm

as to how old I am I will let you work that out .................. my lad is 15 ............. not that any of that has any bearing on anything I say on this site or is really any of your business

Otis

as to how old I am I will let you work that out .................. my lad is 15 ............. not that any of that has any bearing on anything I say on this site or is really any of your business

15?:thinking about:

Okay, if you live in Radford, Keresley, Coundon, Finham or Styvechale then I would guess you are in your 40's.

Wood End, Stoke Aldermoor or Willenhall, then I would say you're about 27, 28.

surely if you were ashamed of the decision then that implies you think yourself it is the wrong thing to do ?

However if having considered the pros & cons you still decide to go the only person you have to justify that decision to is yourself. If you are comfortable with your reasoning then its your choice and shame does not come in to it for that person

others can look at it, question it strongly disagree with it, hope to persuade someone to their point of view - but in the end it is down to personal choice. Yes I fully understand the economic and other arguments but we all make our own choices

The guy who wrote it clear values his time with his kids watching the team they all support more highly than any other consideration - can understand that even if i totally disagree with going to Sixfields. He made his choice, I have made mine and my own lad agrees with it 100% we wont be going to Sixfields

Well put. I made my viewpoint without condemning the interviewee of that article. I think you may be of my generation osb; I started my sky blue experience in 1963 and have loved the roller coaster experience it has been with many highs and many lows - but none so low as these past 10 years or so. I will be attending away games in the North but no "home" games unless at the RICOH.

As an aside, I am already having the mickey taken by Reds and Blues and Wiganers around me that we will soon be subsumed into Northampton Town. The MCFC people I know are just so glad that SISU were told where to go all those years ago.

Last edited:

covcity4life

images

CovMatt1987

how dare anyone on here condem a fan for going to watch Coventry - or tell them they should feel ashamed to do so? really, how dare they.

Im not going to go, but that is my choice and my decision to not do so. someone started a thread a few days ago about how they have had a season ticket for 30 years or so and go with their dad every week, and that his dad had a season ticket for 60 years - but neither of them were going to go next season. It made me feel truely disgusted at THE CLUB that they have put our fans in this position. but on the other side of that there are the fans who have had season tickets for 30 or 60 years and just can not help but follow the team.

While I dont want to go and give SISU any more money while they move my club to Northampton, how dare anyone condem those lifelong, loyal fans who decide they will follow CCFC where ever they play.

elephanttears

Anyone who goes to sixfields from coventry is not a fan in my opinion. People saying the players deserve the support they have done nothing wrong is bull shit. They are professional footballers being paid to do a job, they dont care what happens at ccfc as long as they are paid, none of them have come out publicly and said this is wrong and shouldn't happen, all they care about is getting paid that's the way it is.

covcity4life

anyone who goes IS a fan,thats quite clear

we can accuse them of being short sighted or whatever but cannot say they are not fans

CovMatt1987

maybe its not about the players, maybe its not about the owners, managers, kit man, etc....... maybe its the fact that they are CCFC fans who just support the name Coventry City FC? you may not want to go - hell I dont want to go, and wont go - but im certainly not going to have a go at someone who is willing to travel 60 miles week in week out FOR OUR HOME GAMES because they care that much about the name and the badge of our club.

Otis

Anyone who goes to sixfields from coventry is not a fan in my opinion. People saying the players deserve the support they have done nothing wrong is bull shit. They are professional footballers being paid to do a job, they dont care what happens at ccfc as long as they are paid, none of them have come out publicly and said this is wrong and shouldn't happen, all they care about is getting paid that's the way it is.

Carl Baker has hinted at it.

steveo1987

That's the sort of post that unfortunately tarnishes this board sometimes.

elephanttears

Carl Baker has hinted at it.

Hinted at it slightly, not enough balls to say what they really think because they need that money hitting the bank at the end of the month. Im gonna get slagged off for this but im really pissed off oggy has not come out and said anything, all the support he has had off the fans over the years and is quiet as a mouse.

J

Jack Griffin

What choice has SISU given people on restricted budgets and the many elderly fans who can't travel?

It is a shameful and unnecessary decision to go to Northampton & no one should support it.

ajsccfc

Hinted at it slightly, not enough balls to say what they really think because they need that money hitting the bank at the end of the month.

Lucrative career or not, it's a little easy to sit here and claim these people should endanger their jobs.

Otis

Maybe we should all go down Northampton just to throw rotten eggs and tomatoes at the City fans as they go into the ground?

GaryPendrysEyes

Its pretty obvious, from every survey/sales etc, the vast majority of Cov fans are against going to Northants. I would suggest those intent on going think about why that is the case. When owners show a total disregard for fans and the home City it really is time for fans to unite and say 'no'.
Those thinking 'its just about football' would you have gone to Milton Keynes?

mattylad

teach your kids that bullies only win if you give in to them, SISU are the biggest bullies in football

Otis

teach your kids that bullies only win if you give in to them, SISU are the biggest bullies in football

But I see it that 99.9% of people are against us going to Northampton, but that as City fans and supporting the club being a way of life, some just feel the strength of desire to go and watch the team whatever the circumstance just being too great.

Nearly everyone will be going with a heavy heart I'm sure.

elephanttears

Lucrative career or not, it's a little easy to sit here and claim these people should endanger their jobs.

People whistleblow and leave there jobs all the time because they dont agree with certain things as they have morals. The vast majority of footballers though will just sit tight and take the cash every time.

elephanttears

Like 99.9% of the working population

Your speaking for yourself your one of them lemmings i can tell you drip.

If i dont agree with something i wont put up with it, your one of them blokes that would get a £20 pound note slapped on their forehead and rogered from behind and take it.

Last edited:

NorthernWisdom

There's a difference between not agreeing with something, explaining your reasons why... and alienating, antagonising, insulting and abusing those who may think otherwise.

After all, those who were anti-SISU originally have been proved right haven't they? It shows you should never be fixed to one position, and one position only doesn't it?

Users who are viewing this thread