Should we be ashamed to go to Northampton? (1 Viewer)

ajsccfc

It is not immoral to have no care or thoughts about someone who you do not know.

Nobody said that. If that was the case, morality would be literally impossible.

The point in that sentence is that you don't know the man, so cannot possibly talk about his morals. All you're doing is making assumptions that toe your line.

italiahorse

Hopefully we can all get along together after SISU are defeated but only after those attending Sixfields are tarred and feathered after having their heads shaved, the feckin Sisu sympathisers! I don't think that is too unreasonable, to be honest I think they'd sort of expect it!

You will need to identify them first.

If anyone is interested I am knitting sky blue balaclava's with eyes cut out and pie sized mouth hole.
There will be no ear hole cut outs as they are for people who do not listen.

elephanttears

Except that you admit that you don't know him or have never met him, so how are those the facts exactly?

The insinuation is there and is clear. Whistle-blowers have morals, footballers who aren't jeopardising their career like you definitely would (like those who aren't doing anything apparently, including one Mr Baker) have none.

I never said Baker should come out and say anything, i did say people like oggy should as he has been here years and the fans have always supported him and he has made a living from this club.

ajsccfc

And in the same post referred to Baker hinting at it as a lack of 'balls' because he and other players I assume you don't know need to earn money.

You're on familiar terms with Oggy then, I guess?

elephanttears

Nobody said that. If that was the case, morality would be literally impossible.

The point in that sentence is that you don't know the man, so cannot possibly talk about his morals. All you're doing is making assumptions that toe your line.

No it wouldn't, morality is knowing and doing the difference between right or wrong. Is is wrong that i would feel no empathy or thoughts about someone i do not know. No.

mrbluesky87

While I agree that everybody makes there own choice but what I think of them is another matter. I still struggle to get the concept of "we are still watching Coventry City even if we are at Sixfields" your really not and the fact that so few season tickets have been sold would suggest the majority would agree. This crap of "we should support the players etc etc" as somebody as suggested go to all of the away games?? Its funny there are many people on here who put many arguments for not going but I rarely see any decent arguments on why we should attend??

elephanttears

And in the same post referred to Baker hinting at it as a lack of 'balls' because he and other players I assume you don't know need to earn money.

You're on familiar terms with Oggy then, I guess?

Baker hasn't been here long enough and doesn't owe us anything, oggy has been here years and i feel he should come out and say something.

ajsccfc

No it wouldn't, morality is knowing and doing the difference between right or wrong. Is is wrong that i would feel no empathy or thoughts about someone i do not know. No.

Where are you even getting this idea that morality involves caring about every human in existence? The post you've quoted explains why that makes no sense, and to say so would be immeasurably stupid. Which is why I didn't, yet you've somehow answered as if I did.

ajsccfc

Baker hasn't been here long enough and doesn't owe us anything, oggy has been here years and i feel he should come out and say something.

But if he isn't coming forward, you know it's down to greed and cowardice rather than just assuming so, right?

Grendel

I'm not going and that ends 40 years of association because I think the whole idea is madness.
What I struggle with is if people are convinced that the club will permenantly relocate ( I don't) and are happy to hurl sisu loner and Coventry cobblers to those that attend, why on earth are they happy going to away games.

I won't even listen to radio commentary. It's of no interest.

Matty_CCFC

My choice, my view.
If you go to Northampton you should be very ashamed as your not helping the club in the short, medium or long term.

Our club is almost dead and your just fueling Fishers need to be right.

SISU OUT !!!!!!!!

elephanttears

This is Oggy I'm talking about. You know him personally and so know that he's a greedy coward rather than jeopardising his job like a brave moral soul would?

Greedy coward are your words dont put words in to my mouth, i dont need to know him personally he has been here years he should be saying something if he cares about the club and fans. This is the future of CCFC at stake here.

ajsccfc

I'm not putting words in your mouth, you've iterated a few times that money is the main motivation behind the inactivity of people you claim should be doing something, and if not they don't care. I'd say that to know this is true of someone, you really should be familiar with them otherwise it's just a mix of guesswork and gentle abuse.

It doesn't really stand up, does it?

Grendel

Greedy coward are your words dont put words in to my mouth, i dont need to know him personally he has been here years he should be saying something if he cares about the club and fans. This is the future of CCFC at stake here.

Pressley has already said the club should play in Coventry. What do you want Oggy to do? Wear a sisu out shirt? What would be gained from him saying anything?

NorthernWisdom

Just a hypothetical thought but if, as an employee, that meant he had access to more information than we have, access that meant from his position he fuklly understood and approved of the reasoning behind this...

Would you agree with him speaking out then?

Sky Blue Kid

Quote Originally Posted by ajsccfc View Post As I said, it's very easy to put yourself in the position and say 'this is what they should do'. Carl Baker's settled with a young family, is it immoral of him to not disrupt that?...............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................When cruciate ligaments finished my career at Raith, I never hung around collecting wages. It was a "Hand shake" and help relocating me from Scotland to South Wales. I never asked, or wanted to "See my contract out" However it's a bit different to Sheffs' position. :)

Sky Blue Kid

Grenduffy says......Pressley has already said the club should play in Coventry. What do you want Oggy to do? Wear a sisu out shirt? What would be gained from him saying anything?....................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................If Oggy was a fraction like "Snoz" is, the word you would be looking for is......"Respect" Oggy has been at CCFC for 30 years now, and as such is a "Cov Kid" by association. I would have at the very least wanted him to say publicly that CCFC should stay in Coventry.

elephanttears

I'm not putting words in your mouth, you've iterated a few times that money is the main motivation behind the inactivity of people you claim should be doing something, and if not they don't care. I'd say that to know this is true of someone, you really should be familiar with them otherwise it's just a mix of guesswork and gentle abuse.

It doesn't really stand up, does it?

Actually you may be right their probably all really happy about the club swanning off to Northampton.

The point i originally made was that someone said they are going to northampton to support the players, my view was that people should not go in protest to get this sisu cancer out of the club. Why go to support the players the players dont care about the club or fans in my opinion just getting paid. The players come and go showing no loylaty so why should the fans go to Northmapton to support them when they should be boycotting all games played there for the long term good no matter how hard it would be.

Everything i say stands up.

elephanttears

Pressley has already said the club should play in Coventry. What do you want Oggy to do? Wear a sisu out shirt? What would be gained from him saying anything?

That would be a start lol, all this weak talk "whats the point in doing that it wont achieve anything" makes me sick. If people who are in a position to affect it dont do or saying anything their complicit with it.

ajsccfc

It stands up when you admit that your thing about all players being about nothing but money is little more than opinion. When you tell us 'this is what they should do, otherwise X Y and Z' it falls apart completely. As admitted, you don't know these people.

elephanttears

It stands up when you admit that your thing about all players being about nothing but money is little more than opinion. When you tell us 'this is what they should do, otherwise X Y and Z' it falls apart completely. As admitted, you don't know these people.

It does stand up that the vast majority of players are bothered about money by the things you see every day in the media about players leaving for more money etc etc etc. This is also the reason why football players are so disassociated with the normal fan. Players sign contracts on mega money but if they get a bit upset cause there not getting in the team demand a move and refuse to play and sit on the bench. The fact of the matter is modern day footballers are a spoilt bunch of brats.

I think you need to get in the real world.

Last edited:

elephanttears

I think you need to put less stock in tabloid stereotyping and sensationalism.

I think your deluded and need to get real and stop sitting on the fence. Your honestly telling me in your opinion footballers do it for the love and not for the money? i could google and post hundreds of articles that beg to differ if you want me to from totally credible sources. If i could be arsed, everyone knows anyway.

ajsccfc

If there are hundred of credible sources that have evidence of footballers being some kind of money-oriented hivemind, I'd be quite surprised. A lot of footballers are of course shallow and led purely by money (this isn't exclusive to football). However, footballers consist of thousands if not millions of different people with differing priorities and motivations. Look at the highlighting of mental issues in football to see how even a wealthy profession isn't as cut and dried as people ranting on the internet would have us believe, so to speak on behalf of footballers as some kind of single organism is mindless.

So no I'm not sitting on the fence, I think a lot of what you've said in this thread is either wrong or blind assumption to feed your agenda.

hill83

Likewise....

n2LbA.gif

Users who are viewing this thread