Should we be ashamed to go to Northampton? (1 Viewer)

Copied from NewsNow Coventry City

We Shouldn't Be Ashamed To Go To Northampton

By ML

One Man's View

My two boys and I have travelled from Derbyshire to see Coventry City's English pre-season friendlies. It was marvellous to see how Pressley is bringing his young players on.

It was a joy to watch and just emphasises the great shame of making our children suffer by not taking them to see the Sky Blues because of SISU's and ACL's actions!

Further, we do not believe it is right to abandon the players when others are at fault.

They shouldn't be punished for the errors of others. For some of them, this is the only chance they'll have. What a tragedy to starve them of our applause.

We can still protest, complain and make a noise, but it is cruel to abandon the team we love.

I also believe that we shouldn't feel intimidated by those who feel differently. That's their rightful choice. Our preference is to let our love of the team dominate our actions. For me, that's the greater good.

We shouldn't be ashamed to go to Northampton and give our children the delight of seeing their favourite players in action. We shouldn't crucify our own children's development and starve our players of our support by failing to give them our voices, applause and hearts.

I'm sorry, but I profoundly disagree with this person because you won't be watching CCFC but Coventry Cobblers. You will be hastening the demise of OUR football club which, under the ownership of these asset strippers, will be no more. The only way, in mine and many others view, is to stop income to the owners which will hasten its demise.

One other practical point for those paying into pension funds. If it's been suggested before, my apologies. Get in touch with your pension providers and see if they are investing into any SISU related companies and if they are write to your provider asking them to disinvest giving your reason.

steveo1987

Copied from NewsNow Coventry City

We Shouldn't Be Ashamed To Go To Northampton

By ML

One Man's View

My two boys and I have travelled from Derbyshire to see Coventry City's English pre-season friendlies. It was marvellous to see how Pressley is bringing his young players on.

It was a joy to watch and just emphasises the great shame of making our children suffer by not taking them to see the Sky Blues because of SISU's and ACL's actions!

Further, we do not believe it is right to abandon the players when others are at fault.

They shouldn't be punished for the errors of others. For some of them, this is the only chance they'll have. What a tragedy to starve them of our applause.

We can still protest, complain and make a noise, but it is cruel to abandon the team we love.

I also believe that we shouldn't feel intimidated by those who feel differently. That's their rightful choice. Our preference is to let our love of the team dominate our actions. For me, that's the greater good.

We shouldn't be ashamed to go to Northampton and give our children the delight of seeing their favourite players in action. We shouldn't crucify our own children's development and starve our players of our support by failing to give them our voices, applause and hearts.

I'm sorry, but I profoundly disagree with this person because you won't be watching CCFC but Coventry Cobblers. You will be hastening the demise of OUR football club which, under the ownership of these asset strippers, will be no more. The only way, in mine and many others view, is to stop income to the owners which will hasten its demise.

One other practical point for those paying into pension funds. If it's been suggested before, my apologies. Get in touch with your pension providers and see if they are investing into any SISU related companies and if they are write to your provider asking them to disinvest giving your reason.

Excellent points made by the guy from Derbyshire and I totally agree.I will continue to support my team by going to our "home" games although I wholeheartedly hate the whole sisu/acl with a passion.Just out of interest Wigan,how many home games do you go to? And what alternative do you suggest to starving the club of income?

GaryPendrysEyes

Yes, he would be better teaching his kids something about right and wrong- and how Sisu are wrong and how people in the wrong need to be opposed (as the vast majority are doing!)

Spionkop

Yes, no self respecting City fan should follow at Sixfields. It is supporting this stupid idea. An insult to us all.

simple_simon

Excellent points made by the guy from Derbyshire and I totally agree.I will continue to support my team by going to our "home" games although I wholeheartedly hate the whole sisu/acl with a passion.Just out of interest Wigan,how many home games do you go to? And what alternative do you suggest to starving the club of income?

I respect your views but anyone who goes is just adding fuel to the whole saga.
If no one went then this situation woould be resolved in days as the FL would hsav e no choice but to make us play at the Ricoh.

hill83

If people want to go, then they are free to do so. It's not for me to judge them.

sky_blue_up_north

Another post by a SISU employee, by going to Sixfields you are supporting SISU not the the team, and perlong the agony #nopm

RoboCCFC90

Yes, he would be better teaching his kids something about right and wrong- and how Sisu are wrong and how people in the wrong need to be opposed (as the vast majority are doing!)

Yes, no self respecting City fan should follow at Sixfields. It is supporting this stupid idea. An insult to us all.

Another post by a SISU employee, by going to Sixfields you are supporting SISU not the the team, and perlong the agony #nopm

Some people genuinely need to get a grip.

Should people be ashamed? No I think not, people have to do what feels right for themselves, yes the majoirty thinks its wrong to travel to Northampton to see us play and I understand that, but fans shouldn't be ridiculed or mocked for wanting to travel.

We are all fans and we are all equals.

skybluelee

Disagree - anybody attending matches at Sixfields should be completely ashamed. SISU are singlehandedly trying to kill 130 years of our proud heritage. I would say supporting that is something to be ashamed of.

SISU out, NOPM.

simple_simon

The only people who should be ashamed are those who wish to isolate and condemn their FELLOW FANS for doing what they think is right to getting their club back.

Whichever choice is made.

The choice is one to be made but as many have said before all these people are doing is putting nails in our coffin.

NorthernWisdom

The choice is one to be made but as many have said before all these people are doing is putting nails in our coffin.

Or the opposing and very real alternative is those not going are putting even bigger nails in.

I'm not going, and I'm aware of the fact that not giving the club cash could end up with no club anywhere, not Northampton, not Coventry.

Is that a bad thing? Maybe not. But to deny the possibility and offer up some kind of moral superiority when the very acts those condemned for going to Northampton are supposed to be causing, are actually those not going will achieve... is sickening.

italiahorse

Its easy

Go to Sixfields and you are supporting SISU plan.
If enough of you go they will continue on with it, the exact number that will justify it for them is unknown.
Don't go and SISU and the FL and the Administrator will have to change there plans and seriously consider the Ricoh as the only option.
The nearer it is to zero the better for getting back to the Ricoh.
Most people realise this and are unhappy that getting back to the Ricoh is jeopardised by the minority.

Your travelling anyway so go away to support the team. Nobody can justify only going to Sixfields.
Sympathy's to those that go "Home" and away, but just hang on a few weeks because that is all it will take.

simple_simon

Sorry do not agree.
The FL could have done other things to stop this and they still can, if no one went they would have no choice to revert there decision.
Fisher is winning the battle buy doing silly deals which means the club can tell the FL that they have fans support.

I am not going to knock anyone who does go but most are going for the wrong reasons and others are probably getting free or almost free tickets just to get numbers up.

MusicDating

Euro 2016 Prediction League Champion!!
If people want to go, then they are free to do so. It's not for me to judge them.

Shamelessly stolen from The Simpsons -- "The Joy of Sect"... Carl: Hey, I don't know about you, but SISU are not exactly winning me over
with these lousy production values here. I'm gonna slip out.
[As soon as Carl stands up a spotlight shines on him in the otherwise
dark room.]
SISU: Uh, you're free to leave whenever you want, but would you mind telling
us why?
Carl: Oh, I just didn't, uh.. I didn't think it, um.. oh, it's.. it's pretty
good. [sits back down.]
Otto: Man, this whole place puffs of the wacky tobbacy. I'm outta here.
[As soon as Otto stands up, the spotlight highlights him.]
SISU: Going somewhere...? Although feel free to do so.
Otto: Uh, heh, I was just rearranging my underwear. [does so] Ah! There it
is. [sits back down.]
[Various others try to leave, but lose their cool when the spotlight
shines on them.]

simple_simon

Its easy

Go to Sixfields and you are supporting SISU plan.
If enough of you go they will continue on with it, the exact number that will justify it for them is unknown.
Don't go and SISU and the FL and the Administrator will have to change there plans and seriously consider the Ricoh as the only option.
The nearer it is to zero the better for getting back to the Ricoh.
Most people realise this and are unhappy that getting back to the Ricoh is jeopardised by the minority.

Your travelling anyway so go away to support the team. Nobody can justify only going to Sixfields.
Sympathy's to those that go "Home" and away, but just hang on a few weeks because that is all it will take.

i agree, well put.

sky_blue_up_north

Is this really the level we dumb down to?

Sorry if you disagree, but that is my opinion. Fine go to Sixfields, help SISU move the club from the City, as long as you are aware of the consequences. Every penny you add to SISU's finances is any penny towards the end of CCFC

simple_simon

Anyone who does go has to accept we will never come back if we are thedre for more than a few months.
Will never be a new stadium, even if it did happen the rent would be more than the offer on the table now.

We are finished in Coventry unless at thew Ricoh, those who go are not helping anyone, even the players.

Otis

Anyone who does go has to accept we will never come back if we are thedre for more than a few months.
Will never be a new stadium, even if it did happen the rent would be more than the offer on the table now.

We are finished in Coventry unless at thew Ricoh, those who go are not helping anyone, even the players.

It's not a case of never coming back though. We simply do not know if this is true. Many suspect it but we have no facts to back that up.

As I've said before though, if we go and play in Northampton and we all go and fill the stadium down there every week, I feel there is no incentive at all for Sisu to rush into building a new stadium.

IF they plan to build a new stadium there would surely be no urgency whatsoever if Sixfields was full every home game.

We all know that the FL are weak and the 3-5 year plan would almost certainly be extended. Lots of excuses could be made re planning permission, consent and objection etc.

IF Sixfield's was chock a block then why oh why would anyone rush into building a new stadium?

RoboCCFC90

tumblr_mdve663jg01ro2vj6o1_500.gif

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
surely if you were ashamed of the decision then that implies you think yourself it is the wrong thing to do ?

However if having considered the pros & cons you still decide to go the only person you have to justify that decision to is yourself. If you are comfortable with your reasoning then its your choice and shame does not come in to it for that person

others can look at it, question it strongly disagree with it, hope to persuade someone to their point of view - but in the end it is down to personal choice. Yes I fully understand the economic and other arguments but we all make our own choices

The guy who wrote it clear values his time with his kids watching the team they all support more highly than any other consideration - can understand that even if i totally disagree with going to Sixfields. He made his choice, I have made mine and my own lad agrees with it 100% we wont be going to Sixfields

Users who are viewing this thread