Match Thread Rotherham United FC - Coventry City Match Thread - Wednesday 25th Oct (1 Viewer)

Tommo1993

They only started playing when they realised we posed as much threat as a basket of newly born kittens.

If we’d have backed off immediately from KO such as Bristol and Rotherham, we’d have been annihilated. But good old Coventry City, gift them all you like, they’ll do nothing about it.

stupot07

MR has always wanted us to dominate the ball but has been pragmatic enough to change it up as needed.

His argument, probably rightly, is that style of football is more sustainable long-term but we're clearly struggling massively with it at the moment.

I was fully behind the Hadji Wright signing because, stylistically, he wasn't massively dissimilar to Gyokeres. We have then completely pivoted away from the style of play that would suit him...
That's my big gripe, he hasn't brought in players to dominate the ball, yet changes style.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

stupot07

Dasilva had 1.3 xA last night. Bidwell had about 3.1 for the whole of last season.

Dasilva had 14 shot creating actions last night, next most was Sheaf with 10 and then Ayari with 5.

He made more passes than anyone and more progressive passes.

He was poor in the second half and had a little spell where he was all over the shop. But pretty much everything went through him last night and he's the least of our worries right now.
He had xA of 5.93 last season which put him in the 70th percentile 0.15 per 90 mins. He got 4 assists and a goal last season.

For context

Palmer 0.17 per 90 mins
Allen 0.12 per 90 mins
Sheaf 0.15 per 90 mins

Last season Dasilva had xA of 0.12, the season before that 0.16. It is higher his season currently at 0.20 but we are playing different style of football, with 2 strikers with more options in the box.

He isn't massively more attacking than Bidwell. And the difference in quality between the two is negligible, they just have different playing styles and strengths.

PVA

He had xA of 5.93 last season which put him in the 70th percentile 0.15 per 90 mins. He got 4 assists and a goal last season.

For context

Palmer 0.17 per 90 mins
Allen 0.12 per 90 mins
Sheaf 0.15 per 90 mins

Last season Dasilva had xA of 0.12, the season before that 0.16. It is higher his season currently at 0.20 but we are playing different style of football, with 2 strikers with more options in the box.

He isn't massively more attacking than Bidwell. And the difference in quality between the two is negligible, they just have different playing styles and strengths.

Not sure where you're getting your stats from, I have Dasilva's numbers the same as yours but Bidwell's are way off that where I'm looking (fbref.com).

It shows Bidwell as xA of 2.5 for last season.

skybluecam

I reckon most the opponents Jamaica play are better than most if not all championship teams
Samuel L Jackson Reaction GIF by Coming to America

Grendel

Yes he has and point well made if I was mocking him, I was offering an opinion that Grenada are probably not Championship level (or better!) as you claimed

We should never have let Onandi Lowe leave

SBAndy

Hindsight is great isn't it ? I think Da Silva has been ok for what it's worth , he's technically sound and has a lot of ability on the ball . What he hasn't delivered so far is decent crosses on a regular basis which has been disappointing

Using the Rotherham game as an example, Dasilva delivered 4 crosses into dangerous areas that we won first contact on:

54: Simms’ headed chance
85: Sakamoto glanced wide
95: O’Hare glanced wide
96: Thomas put header wide

I don’t think his delivery has been particularly lacking in many games.

napolimp

for reference, Jamaica's last 10 opponents...

Jordan
United States
Trinidad and Tobago
Saint Kitts and Nevis
Guatemala
Mexico
Honduras
Haiti
Grenada
Haiti

If you go through the current squads for those teams on Wikipedia, you realise how dumb slowpoke's comment was.

SBT

Using the Rotherham game as an example, Dasilva delivered 4 crosses into dangerous areas that we won first contact on:

He has the same number of assists as Bidwell had at this stage last season. A lot of the complaints seem overblown to me.

fernandopartridge

Did he play the ball in for Simms' shot in the first half?

Users who are viewing this thread