Match Thread Rotherham United FC - Coventry City Match Thread - Wednesday 25th Oct (1 Viewer)

Grendel

Not being awkward as I respect your opinion as a poster but what difference would Joel offer that Eccles doesn't in the 6 role? Seems he is being made a scapegoat of late despite not actually playing badly

Respecting Ruperts opinion as a poster

Martin180

I’ll give my head a wobble
There you go again , pathetic
You posture round this forum regurgitating every wrong comment any poster makes while taking offence at your own historic stupidity.
Take five minutes to make another Ill informed judgement on a player or manager that will never change eh ?
Clown

Grendel

There you go again , pathetic
You posture round this forum regurgitating every wrong comment any poster makes while taking offence at your own historic stupidity.
Take five minutes to make another Ill informed judgement on a player or manager that will never change eh ?
Clown
The Office Nbc GIF by Cameo

Paxman II

Ayari is a work in progress and you can see he will be a very good player for us. O'Hare is back and already you could see his impact during his cameo. Simms needs a bit more agression to his game. Wright looks poor atm but there is something there, that is the Gykores style. He needs to be fed balls to run onto. At the moment he looks dire. Where is Kitching? It is taking too long to gel atm. However we did create plenty and ran the show for the most part. Keeper saves and genuine bad luck have stopped us scoring tbf. It will come.......

slowpoke

Not being awkward as I respect your opinion as a poster but what difference would Joel offer that Eccles doesn't in the 6 role? Seems he is being made a scapegoat of late despite not actually playing badly
He plays there internationally for one.
No way do I go along with a lot on here who pick on Eccles because it’s Eccles but imo Joel L is the better player of the two.

napolimp

Was about to say the same thing, don't really see a logical reason to replace Eccles with Latibeaudiere, can't see him offering anything more or different.

CDK

Well what debacle last night have never seen under robins full backs overlapping then stopping at the 25 yard line looking clueless and passing the ball back rather than pressing on to the byline and putting crosses in, pathetic,not unto sakomoto coming on did I see a dart to the byline and a cross.
As for corners why isn't work with the coaches being done , pathetic.
Think if we finish mid table it will be a miracle.
Robins from what I've listened to with him seems carefree so Doug King he needs a kick up the arse and remind him it's a results business.

Martin180

He plays there internationally for one.
No way do I go along with a lot on here who pick on Eccles because it’s Eccles but imo Joel L is the better player of the two.
I get that but Jamaicas opposition isn't the greatest at times . Would be happy to see him given that role though short term , got nothing to lose by trying currently

napolimp

Ridiculous ridiculous comment

Cheltenham haven’t spent 25 million

cheltenham haven’t put season tickets up 50%

Cheltenham are no way near as big as us

I can go on

if I’m up for work early Tuesday I’m not feeling going, I’ll probably go but I don’t really like the profile of this team

The players almost definitely wouldn't like you either, TBF. The difference being that none of them know, or care, who you are.

The Philosopher

The concern for me is that even MR has alluded to the squad being “a quiet bunch”.

This translates to be that there’s a lack of strong motivating characters and one of the partial ITK’s (saddlebrains?) mentioned that the new signings were “bollockless”.

I waffled on about it earlier that losing Vik and Gus wasn’t just losing their talent but also their spirit. Gus may well have been mardy but that can also be interpreted as being very determined and determination is infectious. That never-say-die attitude translated into late goals - Wilson at Blackburn for example.

We seem to have lost that drive and spirit.

Cobi Jones's Dreads

Still angry and disappointed with that last night, usually once the dust has settled I can be more rational but that was a million miles away from being good enough.

The money spent in the summer looks at the moment like we’ve got it so wrong it’s frankly bemusing.

Not sure where we go and what we do on Monday to get us out of this tactically with the players available, but something has to change and fast!

shmmeee

And for that reason, your opinion is irrelevant

Because I attend half the games and watch the other half, my opinion is irrelevant?

Yes, if only I had the insight of a bunch of pissed up cokeheads bouncing around at the back of an away ground, then truly I could have an opinion on whether casual fans might want to attend.

Do you even read the absolute shite you type out?

Matt smith

The concern for me is that even MR has alluded to the squad being “a quiet bunch”.

This translates to be that there’s a lack of strong motivating characters and one of the partial ITK’s (saddlebrains?) mentioned that the new signings were “bollockless”.

I waffled on about it earlier that losing Vik and Gus wasn’t just losing their talent but also their spirit. Gus may well have been mardy but that can also be interpreted as being very determined and determination is infectious. That never-say-die attitude translated into late goals - Wilson at Blackburn for example.

We seem to have lost that drive and spirit.
This is what I’m referring to, maybe dislike is too strong but I expect to see full throttle against Albion on Monday

after a performance like that they deserve to be criticized, msybe dislike is too strong, I’m just not to encouraged at the moment

Still there’s always Monday

Matt smith

The players almost definitely wouldn't like you either, TBF. The difference being that none of them know, or care, who you are.
I’ve praised players on here too, praised Eccles lots last night who I thought played well and stood up

I don’t get the criticism he gets I really don’t always puts it in too

jordan210

We have quite a tall strike force atm so we take short corners... When we do take a normal one it either hits the first man or ends up the complete other side of the pitch.

embarrassing

Sky Blue Pete

We have quite a tall strike force atm so we take short corners... When we do take a normal one it either hits the first man or ends up the complete other side of the pitch.

embarrassing
Watch again you’re wrong
Most are headed away and our players get nowhere near
I think it’s as much if not more down to those in the box than the person taking them

Martin180

Watch again you’re wrong
I think it’s as much if not more down to those in the box than the person taking them
Needs a lot more work on the training pitch to put right . Eccles isnt a Beckham or a Hamer as regards crossing but if no one is making decent runs or aggressively challenging for it then it doesn't matter who is taking them

jordan210

Watch again you’re wrong

We had 16 corners last night. If the Corner taker cant find our players in the box. Both set up and taker are wrong

Maybe its management as we keep trying the same shite week in week out with corner and doesn't appear to be working. So something needs switching out

SkyBlueMatt

I liked the fact that last night Simms was dropping deeper to help link up with the midfield. I thought Dasilva was fine in the first half but he seemed to lag as the second half went on and he started to make mistakes.

MvE was infuriating at times, though I don't believe it is his decision. On the counter when he has acres of space in front of him, to double back, slow the play down and pass into midfield or switch the play. To be fair sometimes it lead to a good attack but when you see clear space in front and LB struggling to get back. Just, run, run run. Try to run it into the box yourself or get to the line and cut it back for a waiting Simms. It would give their defence something else to worry about and potentially reduce the amount of players they push forward when they have the ball.

I'm struggling to believe we had 66% possession last night, that can't be right.

stupot07

No one attacks the ball
Or even attempts to head it
To be fair, his corners are awful, there seems to be no plan, well there kind of is, there was one or two when the players lined up in a particular place, and the corner went no where near the players. For example they all surrounded the keeper, then the cross went way long beyond the back post. Another the players were all back post waiting to run in, and eccles cross hit the first man at the front post.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

jordan210

Thought he actually put in some good balls last night

Stats say other wise. 10 crosses played in with a 0% accuracy.

I think the problem for Eccles is he is expected to be doing everything. We are missing that player who can play with him to allow him to concentrate on one thing.

He played a lovely ball to Simms. We need to see more of that.

skybluecam

The atmosphere was awful.

The whole, non-stop atmosphere created in the past 3/4/5 years has completed died off. Not having the drum was an issue but it's more about the mentality of the fans at the games this season.
6th (promoted)
8th
1st (promoted)
16th
12th
5th

We’ve consistently improved under Robins, which has fuelled the atmosphere. At least last year when we started poorly there were external factors so fans were more inclined to get behind the team. There’s no excuses this year, it’s obvious the atmosphere is flat.

stupot07

I liked the fact that last night Simms was dropping deeper to help link up with the midfield. I thought Dasilva was fine in the first half but he seemed to lag as the second half went on and he started to make mistakes.

MvE was infuriating at times, though I don't believe it is his decision. On the counter when he has acres of space in front of him, to double back, slow the play down and pass into midfield or switch the play. To be fair sometimes it lead to a good attack but when you see clear space in front and LB struggling to get back. Just, run, run run. Try to run it into the box yourself or get to the line and cut it back for a waiting Simms. It would give their defence something else to worry about and potentially reduce the amount of players they push forward when they have the ball.

I'm struggling to believe we had 66% possession last night, that can't be right.
Interesting stat. We have lost all the games we have had a significant higher amount of possession. The Rotherham commentary team mentioned it.

61% Wimbledon lost 2-1
64% Cardiff lost 3-2
66% Rotherham lost 2-0
68% Bristol lost 1-0

Where as the 3 wins we had similar or less possession

49.5% Middlesbrough won 3-0
48% QPR won 3-1
34.5% Blackburn won 1-0

We aren't a possession team, we don't have the players for it. Even without Gus and Vik we are better on the counter, sucking teams out and then hitting them on the break

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

slowpoke

I get that but Jamaicas opposition isn't the greatest at times . Would be happy to see him given that role though short term , got nothing to lose by trying currently
I reckon most the opponents Jamaica play are better than most if not all championship teams

pusbccfc

6th (promoted)
8th
1st (promoted)
16th
12th
5th

We’ve consistently improved under Robins, which has fuelled the atmosphere. At least last year when we started poorly there were external factors so fans were more inclined to get behind the team. There’s no excuses this year, it’s obvious the atmosphere is flat.

It was better in the season we go relegated to League 2 than last night. There have been some dreadful atmospheres this season.

Users who are viewing this thread