Match Thread Rotherham United FC - Coventry City Match Thread - Wednesday 25th Oct (2 Viewers)

Brighton Sky Blue

Gave you some great times Nick, similar age to me , and all you do is moan about subs wether he makes them or not

So yes .. really

And struggling is not really a term I'd use for a team closer to the playoffs points wise than relegation
14 places off the former and 2 off the latter

Nick

Administrator
Gave upu some great times Nick, similar age to me , and all you do is moan about subs , wether he makes them or not

I point out his failure to be able to really change games during them and have done so since League 2. He now doesn't have the "hands tied" excuse.

Am I wrong?

He has watched Eccles float over 30 corners in over the last 2 games and has done fuck all to try and change it.

napolimp

I am fine.

Just to put it out there, Kitching cost more than Hamer and Gyo combined.

Not sure why people are so desperate to justify how shit our spending has been.

I think you're missing the point, we're comparing the team Robins had at the end of last season - just before Vik and Gus were sold - to the team Robins has now. This team - value wise according to purchase and sale price - is worth £15 mil less than that team. So essentially he should have a worse team on his hands now. Also add to the fact that he had multiple loan signings, which were worth a lot combined, so you would also have to add that onto the value of the team towards the end of last season. We're not comparing this team to when Gus and Vik were first signed on permanent deals. If you're going to go down that road then at least be accurate about it.

wingy

Seemed for the first goal, I was wondering why Eccles and Godden were marking, runners, I mean the guy actually knows th it runs to make, were our defenders marking space again?

Evo1883

I point out his failure to be able to really change games during them and have done so since League 2. He now doesn't have the "hands tied" excuse.

Am I wrong?

Which has been pointed out many time to you are wrong , we scored a silly amount of late goals in a couple of seasons .. there's a stupid amount of matches we've won late , drew etc .. you got annoyed by his subs tonight despite them being totally against the grain

pusbccfc

We're a game away from this bouncing around the Ricoh

Nick

Administrator
Which has been pointed out many time to you are wrong , we scored a silly amount of late goals in a couple of seasons .. there's a stupid amount of matches we've won late , drew etc .. you got annoyed by his subs tonight despite them being totally against the grain

I got annoyed that he waited far too long to try something.

You are missing the point, how many of those are down to Robins changing things or reacting during games? Granted, there will be a couple but the lack of reaction or ability to think on the spot and change things has cost us more than it has gained us.

We are seeing now without somebody like Gyo and Hamer scoring / assisting we don't realy have much going on.

Saturday saw the "dinosaur" Nigel Pearson completely nullify us with a change and Robins didn't try anything until the last minute.
Tonight it took 20 minutes for a reaction and then it was pretty much too late.

The Philosopher

I’m going to stick my neck out for some Hudlin style abuse:

Sign Glen Rae on a trial / short term basis (29, released by Luton but signed non-contract with Worthing the other day for match fitness (I think I’m right in saying that he can still sign for us? Anyone know?))

We are short of depth in midfield and need someone with a bit of experience (our midfield average was is about 22 until elder statesman O’Hare came on).

No fee. Injured last year but 40 odd games in Champ the year before. No risk.

Nick

Administrator
How many games ?

Also worth pointing out if we've lost a game in the last 5 minutes that also counts as not winning from behind

How many times have we done things like Pearson did at the weekend when it's obvious something isn't working?

Matt smith

I’m going to stick my neck out for some Hudlin style abuse:

Sign Glen Rae on a trial basis (29, released by Luton but signed non-contract with Worthing the other day for match fitness (I think I’m right in saying that he can still sign for us? Anyone know?))

We are short of depth in midfield and need someone with a bit of experience (our midfield average was is about 22 until elder statesman O’Hare came on).

No fee. Injured last year but 40 odd games in Champ the year before. No risk.
Goodnight everyone

Evo1883

I got annoyed that he waited far too long to try something.

You are missing the point, how many of those are down to Robins changing things or reacting during games? Granted, there will be a couple but the lack of reaction or ability to think on the spot and change things has cost us more than it has gained us.

We are seeing now without somebody like Gyo and Hamer scoring / assisting we don't realy have much going on.

Saturday saw the "dinosaur" Nigel Pearson completely nullify us with a change and Robins didn't try anything until the last minute.
Tonight it took 20 minutes for a reaction and then it was pretty much too late.

We've already had it shown before that robins doesn't make subs any later in general than his counterparts

Made 4 today whilst rotherham had made 1 , 4 subs with almost 25 minutes to get a result
You can't give Robins no credit for picking up results but then also slam him for not turning games around when players also miss sitters etc

Brighton Sky Blue

We've already had it shown before that robins doesn't make subs any later in general than his counterparts

Made 4 today whilst rotherham had made 1 , 4 subs with almost 25 minutes to get a result
You can't give Robins no credit for picking up results but then also slam him for not turning games around when players also miss sitters etc
Besides Onyedinma who missed sitters tonight?

Evo1883

How many times have we done things like Pearson did at the weekend when it's obvious something isn't working?

It was said on here that bristol rarely play wingback and just reverted to their normal system, not really magic

How often do bristol change their 4atb formation during matches?

The Philosopher

To be fair I think he’s been more proactive over the last couple of years with subs. Used to leave it too late - stats might disagree but just my perception

Nick

Administrator

Yes, Rotherham went 1-0 up and changed their system within 10 minutes when we were getting into the game.
Bristol City were wide open and Pearson changed it and completely nullified us, we could have played an extra 2 hours and not scored.

We see something isn't working and sit and wait for ages rather than do something.

We made the triple sub on the 76th minute, that's 14 minutes to do something.

Nick

Administrator
It was said on here that bristol rarely play wingback and just reverted to their normal system, not really magic

How often do bristol change their 4atb formation during matches?

I didn't say it was magic, I said the manager saw it wasn't working and changed it. It then completely nullified us and we had no idea what to do.

SkyblueTexan

Poor performance and result. Disappointing. O hare back now tho. Let's see if we can get back to winning ways at home
O’Hare cannot reverse the slide on his own. This team is so pathetic. I’m sick watching this shit show week in and week out.

Evo1883

Yes, Rotherham went 1-0 up and changed their system within 10 minutes when we were getting into the game.
Bristol City were wide open and Pearson changed it and completely nullified us, we could have played an extra 2 hours and not scored.

We see something isn't working and sit and wait for ages rather than do something.

My bad 21 minutes left including injury time of which there is a few minutes every single match ..

A change of formation isn't always going to get a result.. as tonight showed

The manager knows what he's doing nick , he almost took us to the Premier league mate being wank at subs and game management

Reactions: SBT

wingy

At which point there defence starts to sit down, take a break have a drink and a team meeting

Users who are viewing this thread