Robins has to go in the summer / 02476 555 555 (1 Viewer)

Grendel

Just something I heard from good source last night

He’s not going to attract a huge flood of interest - the only thing he’s keen on is a move back to Scotland which he’d like regardless of what division we are in

Ashdown

He’s not going to attract a huge flood of interest - the only thing he’s keen on is a move back to Scotland which he’d like regardless of what division we are in
And I'd guess there are a number of Scottish clubs who would fancy taking him on. Anyway money talks with players and their agents so he'll go or stay where the money is !

Grendel

And I'd guess there are a number of Scottish clubs who would fancy taking him on. Anyway money talks with players and their agents so he'll go or stay where the money is !

Which has nothing to do with what league we are in. In fact as he wants to get back to the Scottish premier if he can’t in the summer he would probably be ok in league 2 as he will be more likely to score goals

steve82

If this is the case let the bids hit the table. He’s gonna cost as he’s under contract and has the tag of 20 league goals.

As I’ve said before I fear no one leaving and we go into the summer in the strongest position for a long time and be free of the likes of Turnbull and Reid’s wages also this time around

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

wingy

Which has nothing to do with what league we are in. In fact as he wants to get back to the Scottish premier if he can’t in the summer he would probably be ok in league 2 as he will be more likely to score goals
What's a little bothersome is the advert he put out about 10 games ago.

SkyBlueRuffian

It hasn't worked for Mansfield . It hasn't worked for Leeds or Birmingham. It works when your team is at or near the bottom, not near the top of the league. Who on earth out there could come in and do a better job? If there is someone , bring them in, but I can't think of anyone .
It fuckin does my head in when people say “who else will do a better job” like they know every coach and manager out there, what their credentials are and whether they could bet the very best out of the players. How do you know so certainly someone else won’t do a better job?

thekidfromstrettoncamp

I find the defence of Robins strange we are hanging on to 7th position in the 4th tier of English football . People on this site keep bemoaning the same players making mistakes .These are players whom he either recruited or retained and still plays them week in week out . The same players who have not got a clue how to set up for a throw in , corners from memory 1 scored all season .He is in charge . He is the same person who has played so defensively up until 2 or 3 weeks ago that we may have had the best defence in the league but if you play 2 dm you should have. This leaves us very short in attacking hence shortage of goals . His football has been boring most of the time. (lumping it up to the forwards) The mistakes question is what do they do in training. The 1 plus point is the emergence of Bayliss and Shipley these 2 have helped rescue an otherwise pretty average season . Thank goodness for the Youth team setup once again

Alan Dugdales Moustache

It fuckin does my head in when people say “who else will do a better job” like they know every coach and manager out there, what their credentials are and whether they could bet the very best out of the players. How do you know so certainly someone else won’t do a better job?
That's exactly it. I don't know every coach and manager out there. I'm all for getting someone in who is "better " than what we have but who is there ? It" fuckin does my head in" when people say sack Robins and then fail to tell us who their wonder replacement is.

ccfcway

you may well be right that out there is someone who could be better. I suppose one question would be, who at our club would be tasked with finding them and do we trust them to do so ?

Grendel

you may well be right that out there is someone who could be better. I suppose one question would be, who at our club would be tasked with finding them and do we trust them to do so ?

The same people who employed robins I assume

Skyblueweeman

Our best chance of progressing as a club is WITH Robins. He’s got the best win % of any manager in however many years and for the first time I can remember, we have a manager who has given us something to be positive for.

The only one that comes close is TM who has us near the top but then imploded badly.

MR does have his faults. But we’re a L2 team. There’s probably only one manager in the UK who doesn’t have their faults...Pep. Or that I can think of anyway.

I get those saying that he should’ve addressed the GK position, wide positions and up top. And you’re right. But...he did clear out a lot of dead wood last summer and brought in a raft of new players. For the first time in years, we’ve had a squad that hasn’t been reliant on loans. We’ve been dreadfully unlucky by losing arguably our best two players for the majority of the season. I know it’s not exactly like for like but would Liverpool have had such a good season without Salah and Firmino? Would Man City have walked the league without De Bruyne and Aguero? They probably would’ve to be fair but you get my point. For the first time in years, we’ve had a couple of strikers who looked capable of troubling the top scorer charts. Albeit Nazon was a token loan but McNulty has been great.

Regardless of where we finish or what league we finish in, we head into a summer not having to replace the majority of the squad. This will enable MR to address those key positions. Having Jones and Andreu back will be like having new signings again.

On top of that, he’s delivered a trophy at Wembley, against the odds so can get players up for big games.

Yes he needs to be more consistent, yes he needs to sort the fucking GK position out this summer and strengthen in other areas and yes, he’s not perfect.

But seriously, there’s a few on here that need to reset their managers expectations calibration. MR IS the man to take us forward and 100% deserves the chance to lead us next season, regardless of division.

I genuinely find it crazy that this is even a discussion. Maybe that’s just me...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DionDublinsJockstrap

Spot on weeman.
Expectations with origins in 34 years of top flight football.
Reality - ever since John Poyntons removal of John Sillett, nearly 30 years of board level incompetence
The longer it goes the more I appreciate the top flight years - even in the bad years we were the ultimate top flight underdog

fatso

Our best chance of progressing as a club is WITH Robins. He’s got the best win % of any manager in however many years and for the first time I can remember, we have a manager who has given us something to be positive for.

The only one that comes close is TM who has us near the top but then imploded badly.

MR does have his faults. But we’re a L2 team. There’s probably only one manager in the UK who doesn’t have their faults...Pep. Or that I can think of anyway.

I get those saying that he should’ve addressed the GK position, wide positions and up top. And you’re right. But...he did clear out a lot of dead wood last summer and brought in a raft of new players. For the first time in years, we’ve had a squad that hasn’t been reliant on loans. We’ve been dreadfully unlucky by losing arguably our best two players for the majority of the season. I know it’s not exactly like for like but would Liverpool have had such a good season without Salah and Firmino? Would Man City have walked the league without De Bruyne and Aguero? They probably would’ve to be fair but you get my point. For the first time in years, we’ve had a couple of strikers who looked capable of troubling the top scorer charts. Albeit Nazon was a token loan but McNulty has been great.

Regardless of where we finish or what league we finish in, we head into a summer not having to replace the majority of the squad. This will enable MR to address those key positions. Having Jones and Andreu back will be like having new signings again.

On top of that, he’s delivered a trophy at Wembley, against the odds so can get players up for big games.

Yes he needs to be more consistent, yes he needs to sort the fucking GK position out this summer and strengthen in other areas and yes, he’s not perfect.

But seriously, there’s a few on here that need to reset their managers expectations calibration. MR IS the man to take us forward and 100% deserves the chance to lead us next season, regardless of division.

I genuinely find it crazy that this is even a discussion. Maybe that’s just me...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
He may have a higher win percentage than other city managers, but this is the lowest standard weve played at for over half a century, and we are in grave danger of failing yet again. The standard of football is shit, our tactics and formation are inept, the use of substitutes is inadequate, our set plays are a joke and the squad appear to be totaly unmotivated.
So yes, lets keep the manager in charge and look forward to more of the same next season.
Or how about not changing things because we cant name another manager off the top of our heads, so its ok to accept continued failure.
This my friends is why we are starved of success.

fatso

Im no drama queen, im just spelling out what few want to hear. We are club with a long and proud history of failure, and too many of the fans that remain seem happy to accept this continued failure.
Untill all of us start demanding more from the management and players, nothing will change.
Weve become a comfortable club for players to come to and collect a wage and know that little is expected, and failure has become tolerated.

Earlsdon-Loyal-Blue

I know i'll get lynched for saying this but he's not the man to take us forward.

He's proven time and time again this season that he's incapable of switching to a plan B.

He makes laughable substitutions far far too late in games to have any impact. Why?

He can't fix the simple things that cost us points and he seems to have zero learning agility.

He's set up defensively against shit teams, he constantly plays players out of position (even after when he's forced to play them in position they have a much better game).

He refuses to drop shit players like Burge and Haynes.

Even if we by the grace of god fluke it through the playoffs (if we make it) and get promoted, I still don't think he's the man to take us forwards. If countless people on a football forum can see things, how can't he when he's paid (with our ticket money) to focus on nothing but the football team?

Since we got relegated from the Premier League, how many times have we chopped and changed managers? How many times has this got us success? How many times have we finished in the play offs?

Tuesday night was shite, but we’re still in the playoffs by three points. We go againn on Saturday and could well secure playoffs then. We need to have a settled squad and management team for once, we’re all desperate to get promoted but keep your toys in your pram. He’s won us a tinpot cup (yes we would of got dicked in the final if Slade was still in charge) and managed to get us in playoffs as we speak, which no other manager has managed to do since we came down in 2001.

fernandopartridge

I find the defence of Robins strange we are hanging on to 7th position in the 4th tier of English football . People on this site keep bemoaning the same players making mistakes .These are players whom he either recruited or retained and still plays them week in week out . The same players who have not got a clue how to set up for a throw in , corners from memory 1 scored all season .He is in charge . He is the same person who has played so defensively up until 2 or 3 weeks ago that we may have had the best defence in the league but if you play 2 dm you should have. This leaves us very short in attacking hence shortage of goals . His football has been boring most of the time. (lumping it up to the forwards) The mistakes question is what do they do in training. The 1 plus point is the emergence of Bayliss and Shipley these 2 have helped rescue an otherwise pretty average season . Thank goodness for the Youth team setup once again

The fact we were once a Premier League club is irrelevant you absolute moron

skybluebeduff

People can wish Robins gone all they want, but i'd bet he'll still be here this time next season as well, SISU won't sack a manger who has given us our biggest points total... ever.

ajsccfc

Im no drama queen, im just spelling out what few want to hear. We are club with a long and proud history of failure, and too many of the fans that remain seem happy to accept this continued failure.
The long history of failure goes hand in hand with us shitting it and sacking every manager before they get a chance to right any wrongs. Calling for his head is as much of an acceptance of the status quo as anything else.

ccfcway

This is the lowest standard weve played at for over half a century, and we are in grave danger of failing yet again. The standard of football is shit, our tactics and formation are inept, the use of substitutes is inadequate, our set plays are a joke and the squad appear to be totaly unmotivated.
So yes, lets keep the manager in charge and look forward to more of the same next season.
Or how about not changing things because we cant name another manager off the top of our heads, so its ok to accept continued failure.

no, its not.

clint van damme

Untill all of us start demanding more from the management and players, nothing will change.
Weve become a comfortable club for players to come to and collect a wage and know that little is expected, and failure has become tolerated.

Don't agree with that. Of course there will be some people like that but I don't think there's many.
Don't confuse being prepared to follow the club through thick and thin with being happy with failure, the two things are different.
But you also have to appreciate we are in League two so we will be getting league 2 managers, players and referees and with that comes a lack of quality you'd expect from the lowest professional league. I wish we were higher up the pyramid but we're not.

I think we need to persevere with Robins.

jimmyhillsfanclub

The long history of failure goes hand in hand with us shitting it and sacking every manager before they get a chance to right any wrongs. Calling for his head is as much of an acceptance of the status quo as anything else.

giphy.gif

fatso

People can wish Robins gone all they want, but i'd bet he'll still be here this time next season as well, SISU won't sack a manger who has given us our biggest points total... ever.
If Robins is here next season it will proberbly have more to do with sisu not being able to afford to pay his contract up.

sylus

regardless of the biggest points total ever,that stands for sh't if we fail to make the playoffs,you can't regard that as some success

Skyblueweeman

He may have a higher win percentage than other city managers, but this is the lowest standard weve played at for over half a century, and we are in grave danger of failing yet again. The standard of football is shit, our tactics and formation are inept, the use of substitutes is inadequate, our set plays are a joke and the squad appear to be totaly unmotivated.

MR wasn't really responsible though for the division we're in though, is he? Ok, so he left us in the lurch a few years back but we've had a shower of sh!t manage us since. As someone else pointed out, haven't we got our best points total in yonks?

In terms of the style of play....we're in L2, not the Champions League. There weren't too many complaints when we were beating Luton away 3-0 or whenever we win full stop. Football is a results business...whether you like that or not, clubs, their finances, managers contracts, players contracts, fans happiness...all dictated by results. Yes, it would be nice if we strung 40 passes together for every goal or be nice if we kept clean sheets every game and it would be great if MR was better with his use of subs. And a team being in and around the play offs/autos all season isn't really the sign of a team whose tactics and formations are 'inept'. If you're a fan or Chesterfield or Barnet, then fair enough. But a team who is 7th? Behave.

Like I said, he's not perfect, but he's a damn good fit for what we have. We've got the best shot at giving a manager 4-5 transfer windows to mould his own squad, without dropping any lower. Bring someone new in and they'll rebuild and we're back at square one. If I could be bothered, I could probably name 5 suitable managers to replace MR. But the majority thought Adams was ideal. Many thought Dowie was ideal. Many thought Mowbray was ideal. Many thought Slade was ideal. Look how they all turned out (and there's more). MR is the best manager we've had in years, and given time, his squad will get better.

And in terms of 'looking forward to more of the same next season'...if we don't go up and we end up in L2 again next season...I'd take this season over any of the last 30 years (maybe bar the year Adams took us to 8th in the Championship). It's been bloody refreshing to be talking about promotion/play offs all season as opposed to looking over our shoulder at the trap door like we've done for the past xx years.

Keep on wishing for change though and watch more instability come back to the club. Let's build on a decent base for a change. You might like it ;-)

Moff

If Robins is here next season it will proberbly have more to do with sisu not being able to afford to pay his contract up.

Or it might be because they support Robins and will give him another season to hopefully get us promoted, as they have seen the abject failure of constantly hiring and firing.
Last season would be a good example of that.

Malaka

I would like to point out that when MR left to go to Huddersfield, he had the highest ever win percentage of any manager that we had.

Users who are viewing this thread