Robins has to go in the summer / 02476 555 555 (3 Viewers)

Nick

Administrator
The big man/little man combo was what I thought they were signed for. Should've saved his Bakayoko comments for behind closed doors though.

You would have thought so and with decent service I think they might be OK with the ball at their feet.

He really isn't a target man and even more pointless with nobody around him, when he got the ball to his feet a couple of times he had a good touch and linked up well.

His comments won't go down well and he will lose the dressing room after so long of doing things that don't work. People getting angry at Bakayoko don't notice how he had fuck all all game to work with. The same as Biamou when he was gesturing the bench for some support up front.

Brighton Sky Blue

Yeah, I know. But we've seen it before.

A player has a bad game or two and fans gets on his back and then you see the nervousness of every touch in every game after from then on.

He didn't make innocent mistakes, he looked like he didn't care. Unless Robins has demotivated him that much already.

Nick

Administrator
He really doesn’t want to play Burge either

What I found strange was the telegraph heard he had a bad knee, Burge told people he had a bad hip.

Something doesn't seem right, it reminds me of the randomness with Kelly Evans twins. They would vanish for weeks then start a game, then vanish again.

Nick

Administrator
He didn't make innocent mistakes, he looked like he didn't care. Unless Robins has demotivated him that much already.

After the first 10 times of something that clearly doesn't work it demotivates. The more it happens the more other players will lose faith.

Something needs changing.

Grendel

What I found strange was the telegraph heard he had a bad knee, Burge told people he had a bad hip.

Something doesn't seem right, it reminds me of the randomness with Kelly Evans twins. They would vanish for weeks then start a game, then vanish again.

He lost the plot with Burge after the Sutton game

Brighton Sky Blue

You would have thought so and with decent service I think they might be OK with the ball at their feet.

He really isn't a target man and even more pointless with nobody around him, when he got the ball to his feet a couple of times he had a good touch and linked up well.

His comments won't go down well and he will lose the dressing room after so long of doing things that don't work. People getting angry at Bakayoko don't notice how he had fuck all all game to work with. The same as Biamou when he was gesturing the bench for some support up front.

He got offside an unholy number of times, that's got nothing to do with being isolated up front it's just laziness. Doesn't excuse Robins' persistence with a busted system but he was poor in his own right tonight. We had these discussions last season too, he only makes changes when forced and stubbornly sticks to his system at any cost.

CCFCSteve

Very strange. Changed the formation and half the team and lost the momentum of last season. I could possibly understand five at the back if we felt the two fullbacks were more wingbacks but this formation just isn’t working...Ogogo and Doyle (both of whom I like as players - but not in the same team every week - they need a more mobile box to box player next to them) sitting in front of the back four and one up front ?! Hope robins isn’t too stubborn to change this as no goals from open play tells it’s own story !

Losing McNulty was always going to be a blow but some of the decisions since have just accentuated the goalscoring problems rather than solve them ! (If you lose a 20-25 goal striker, surely at least play a couple up top to try to chip in with the same/more)

Grendel

He’s reminding me of Boothroyd and Adams in their final days

AFCCOVENTRY

Robins already lost the dressing room or some bad eggs with bad attitude?

Nick

Administrator
Robins already lost the dressing room or some bad eggs with bad attitude?

I don't know if it's a bit of both or just clashing personalities.

I have heard of issues with JCH, Brown and McDonald. Others must have heard the same as me about something happening with JCH too.

AFCCOVENTRY

I have heard of issues with JCH, Brown and McDonald. Others must have heard the same as me about something happening with JCH too.

Something does feel really off with this team though. I've heard LoB is a moaner and kicked up a fuss that he should be a regular and demanded a move.

cc84cov

What happened with JCH Nick ?

Nick

Administrator
Bit unfortunate to sack Stokes off then. Means we're asking Mason to develop far quicker than we wanted to.

That being said, every workplace has disputes between people at times, doesn't it? Just is easier to mask it when you're winning...

Stokes was already gone by then.

Nick

Administrator
I wasn't disputing the timescale, I merely said it was a bit unfortunate to sack him off.

It looked at the time that Robins was going to play Wing Backs when he signed Brown and Sterling so Stokes wouldn't fit. Maybe that's why Brown isn't happy?

NorthernWisdom

It looked at the time that Robins was going to play Wing Backs when he signed Brown and Sterling so Stokes wouldn't fit. Maybe that's why Brown isn't happy?
better days (I think!) said that when we tried three at the back, the players were resistant to that.

Regardless, it's unfortunate he's sacked Stokes off, if Brown is unhappy and negative!

stevefloyd

Browns passing was awful tonight, he didn't get forward bring Mason back in at least he gets forward and looks interested

Nick

Administrator
better days (I think!) said that when we tried three at the back, the players were resistant to that.

Regardless, it's unfortunate he's sacked Stokes off, if Brown is unhappy and negative!

I think Stokes, Vincenti and Beavon were told early doors to look for clubs. (I think maybe even before we brought Brown in, I can't remember the timescale)

fatso

I heard (from a youth players father) that Burge and MR had a stand up row in pre season, and Burge has been told he can find another club, although this will be difficult now the window has closed.
JCH was promised a contract if we got promotion, which has happened, but is unlikely to feature as Vivesh dosnt rate him.

ajsccfc

Particularly in the first half on Saturday I thought if we were going to score from open play it would likely come through Mason in some way. When we do next score from open play I just hope we'll still be alive to see it.

ajsccfc

I really wish we'd have kept Stokes. He looked the part when we were in L1 before, he can cover the middle too and from the outside he seemed an integral part of the good squad atmosphere last season. I also didn't understand why we shipped Blair Adams out when we did either, we must be going for some kind of world record for leftbacks.

Users who are viewing this thread