Robins has to go in the summer / 02476 555 555 (1 Viewer)

SlowerThanPlatt

What are people are basing their opinions on that Andreu would have been a huge success for us if he didn’t get injured?

He scored a nice goal in the Checkatrade iirc then started against Yeovil and Vale I can’t remember anything positive or negative from him in them games.

Did well at Dundee United last season but that’s the Scottish second division

Skyblueweeman

What are people are basing their opinions on that Andreu would have been a huge success for us if he didn’t get injured?

He scored a nice goal in the Checkatrade iirc then started against Yeovil and Vale I can’t remember anything positive or negative from him in them games.

Did well at Dundee United last season but that’s the Scottish second division

His career average is 1 goal in every 4 games which is good for a midfielder, in arguably better standard of leagues than L2.

chiefdave

He may have a higher win percentage than other city managers, but this is the lowest standard weve played at for over half a century
Does that argument really work? Its not like we're in L2 with Dublin and Hucks up front banging in goals for fun. We've got a L2 budget and a L2 squad.

fatso

Does that argument really work? Its not like we're in L2 with Dublin and Hucks up front banging in goals for fun. We've got a L2 budget and a L2 squad.
We have a league 2 squad that can turn up and perform at Luton, but not at morecomb, or at many of the other lesser teams, which shows a lack of motivation and direction. If this happened once or twice in a season is forgivable, but when it becomes the norm, you have to ask why, and either make the change required, or just accept the situation.

ccfcway

We have a league 2 squad that can turn up and perform at Luton, but not at morecomb, or at many of the other lesser teams, which shows a lack of motivation and direction. If this happened once or twice in a season is forgivable, but when it becomes the norm, you have to ask why, and either make the change required, or just accept the situation.

its not the norm, we are 7th

chiefdave

But isn't the key thing that with the L2 squad we have Robins has got us to our highest points total in years and our destiny in our own hands with 2 games to go.

sylus

But isn't the key thing that with the L2 squad we have Robins has got us to our highest points total in years and our destiny in our own hands with 2 games to go.

So are we to congratulate Robins on a successful season "points tally wise" even if we fail to make the playoff's considering our position with like you say with 2 games to go,i guess we can take them points as a nice consolation then even though they would count for nothing.,yes we can and should make the playoff's,but just as easy f/kin screw it up big time.Robin's needs to get these 2 games spot on,no more room for error otherwise Mansfield will take full advantage at out expense

rupert_bear

If we fail to make play off spots with just 2 matches left and 3 points in front of only rival Mansfield big questions will be asked for certain.

thekidfromstrettoncamp

fermandopartridge post 161 first of all show me a reference to the premier league in my comment. and then don't be so aggressive in your comments if have not got anything constructive to say don't bother.

chiefdave

So are we to congratulate Robins on a successful season "points tally wise" even if we fail to make the playoff's considering our position with like you say with 2 games to go,i guess we can take them points as a nice consolation then even though they would count for nothing.,yes we can and should make the playoff's,but just as easy f/kin screw it up big time.Robin's needs to get these 2 games spot on,no more room for error otherwise Mansfield will take full advantage at out expense
No and that's not what I said. If Robins fails to get us in the play offs from the position we have been in then of course questions need to be asked but you can't escape the facts.

SlowerThanPlatt

Would we take Gary Johnson if Robins was to be sacked/leave? Always been impressed by him. I remember him turning us down while he was at Yeovil, we rarely ever beat his sides and he’s done a decent job at Cheltenham all things considered

ajsccfc

If it ever came to it he's one I'd be happy with, I remember hoping we'd get him whenever we were linked before. Who did we end up with instead?

Adge

And who was the top goalscorer that season with 17 who gave us our highest finish since relegation from the Prem ;)
How many were penalties! :emoji_stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
I think we will both agree that Dennis Wise may of had a major influence on that season-well the second half of it at least.

Nick

Administrator
He's losing the plot, it's obvious to everybody what he is trying won't work. Already heard one of the new players is having issues with attitude towards everything (the same as McDonald).

Something isn't right, he hasn't got McNulty to bail him out.

Brighton Sky Blue

He's losing the plot, it's obvious to everybody what he is trying won't work. Already heard one of the new players is having issues with attitude towards everything (the same as McDonald).

Something isn't right, he hasn't got McNulty to bail him out.

He has Bakafuckwit: Always offside, loses every header, can't finish, can't be bothered to close players down. Noticed the SBA cheering him going off.

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

And he might need this number first , 024 7667 8678.

Nick

Administrator
He has Bakafuckwit: Always offside, loses every header, can't finish, can't be bothered to close players down. Noticed the SBA cheering him going off.

Oh, Bakayoko and Hiwula will mask the deeper lying issues for a little bit.

He had nothing at all tonight apart from chasing aimless hoofs, the couple of times he actually got the ball he started 2 counter attacks. Hiwula got the ball and did a great touch and tried to get the ball back for a shot. It was obvious within minutes of Bakayoko's debut he wasn't a target man. Even if he was who was there to get the flick on / 2nd ball?

The rest of the game was them stood on their own. Just change those for Biamou, JCH or anybody else and nothing will change. Imagine if he had signed Chaplin and put him there tonight..

Brighton Sky Blue

Oh, Bakayoko and Hiwula will mask the deeper lying issues for a little bit.

He had nothing at all tonight apart from chasing aimless hoofs, the couple of times he actually got the ball he started 2 counter attacks. Hiwula got the ball and did a great touch and tried to get the ball back for a shot. It was obvious within minutes of Bakayoko's debut he wasn't a target man. Even if he was who was there to get the flick on / 2nd ball?

The rest of the game was them stood on their own. Just change those for Biamou, JCH or anybody else and nothing will change.

Hiwula looked lively but agreed up on his own a pretty futile task. Bakayoko however was offside at least half a dozen times in inexcusable positions and generally just ambled about making token efforts to close players down. Pair them together and make life easier for both of them.

Nick

Administrator
Hiwula looked lively but agreed up on his own a pretty futile task. Bakayoko however was offside at least half a dozen times in inexcusable positions and generally just ambled about making token efforts to close players down. Pair them together and make life easier for both of them.

Agree, let them try and play together and give them some service.

Bakayoko isnt a target man.

Nick

Administrator
Brown ? Something seems very off with him

Yep, just a rumour I heard that he was very negative about everything. McDonald was as well hence he got sacked off.

From MR's interview it is like Bakayoko will be next and Biamou not long after if Oxford was anything to go by. Strangely enough JCH as well, a weird pattern emerging.

Brighton Sky Blue

Agree, let them try and play together and give them some service.

Bakayoko isnt a target man.

The big man/little man combo was what I thought they were signed for. Should've saved his Bakayoko comments for behind closed doors though.

Users who are viewing this thread